The best advertising campaigns are the ones that aren’t easily called out as marketing efforts.
The campaign slides under your nose and the community (not the company) helps it become mainstream.
This is called “viral hacking”.
However, it’s not always that easy to get the attention you want for your business. It takes a lot of time and practice in order to create effective marketing campaigns.
Additional reading on specific Marketing Strategies:
- 5 Must-Have Tools For Nailing Your Digital Marketing Strategy
- How To Get Better Results From Your Email Marketing Strategy
- How To Improve Your E-commerce Strategy
- How Entrepreneurs Can Improve Their Social Media Strategy
In the article below we will be using SimplyThick as an example in marketing strategy number 5 and 6. It’s a company that has been around for 16 years that has served 750 million people their product that thickens liquids to help those that had difficulties swallowing.
1. Market your products online.
It’s imperative, if you have a product, that you’re marketing online. Instead of making the customer go to you and your physical store, you go to the customer by shipping the product to their location… but first, you have to be easily found online!
In order to get the most organic traffic as possible to your website, you must structure your site in the most SEO friendly way. If you don’t know what that means, read the articles below.
- 11 Reasons SEO Is Crucial For Business Growth
- 5 SEO Tools Every Online Business Owner Should Have
- 5 Simple Ways To Get On The First Page Of Google
If you don’t have your own store and are selling on a marketplace such as Amazon or Etsy, it’s best to also build your own store on Shopify or WooCommerce so that you can message your own clientele and build customer relations.
2. Post on Quora for major media attention.
Quora is a popular website that allows people to ask questions and experts to answer them. It’s user-generated and organized, so the more popular your answer, the higher it will get pushed up and rank as the best answer to the question asked.
This is similar to what Google does with articles on the internet. Google looks at how long people stay on your site according to what they searched in the search bar (keywords). The longer people stay on your site (the lower your bounce rate) the higher you will rank because this tells Google that your site has quality content and provides the most relevant answer to the inquiry.
A technique that some companies use on Quora is to publish a strongly written response with the goal of gaining the attention of mainstream media.
Another way to gain media attention is by working with larger brands. Reach out directly to brands that are relevant to work with you.
- How To Pitch A Collaboration With Brands
- How To Get Brands To Notice, Collaborate, And Pay You As An Influencer
3. Put more effort on content aggregators.
Content has always been king. Therefore, the best way to make sure your company is known is to create the best evergreen content around your niche then have it re-purposed and re-published across relevant sites.
If you don’t know how to create amazing and strategic content, read the articles below.
- How Strategic Content Converts To Email Subscriptions And Sales
- 5 Ways To Use Content To Grow Your Business
- How To Get People To Notice Your Digital Content
- How To Schedule Your Content For The Next 12 Months
4. Consider the flow of influence.
Everybody is aware of the power that influencers have. Therefore, it’s crucial to reach out and establish great connections with influencers that affect the decisions of your target market.
But how do you make sure you find the best influencers? Read this article: How To Find The Best Online Influencers.
If you’re looking to build your own influence, read the articles below.
5. Offer to help, then market your product.
The “hand of assistance” method can help ignite the initial relationship, but it is always important to be flexible.
You may see how you can help, but the company or person you’re reaching out to may not see it as necessary. Always look for mutual ways to help one another with the end goal of marketing your product in mind.
For example, if your product is SimplyThick, you can reach out to the owners of websites with content about health care and offer your product to them in exchange for a guest post.
If you’re unsure how blog posts can help your business, read the article below.
6. Load content for page-views.
This trick is very aggressive.
Start a small site, load 250,000+ articles on swallowing disorders in the public database.
Then create SEO friendly links like, “How To Overcome A Swallowing Disorder” so that your articles are easily found and your product is at the center of each of them as the solution.
This is an extremely effective Content Marketing Plan. If you don’t have a business or content plan yet, read the articles below.
- How To Write An Effective E-commerce Business Plan
- How To Use Digital Marketing To Promote And Transform Your Business
7. Increase social media reach
Social media has always been a game changer for entrepreneurs. It has changed the manner in which business is done. To maximize the use of social media, it is important to be visible at all times. Use SmarterQueue to help automate your posts.
There are tons of tools out there to help you reach the billions of people on social media, you just need to know how to use them. Read the following articles that are interesting to you.
- 5 Ways To Use Social Media To Build Your Personal Brand
- How To Use Social Media Effectively
- 7 Social Media Branding Tips
- How To Hashtag: Your Secret Weapon For Social Media
- How To Get Clients On Social Media By Hooking Them With Your Bio
- 5 Ways To Build Trust Using Social Media
- How To Turn Your Social Media Followers Into Subscribers
- How To Write Killer Copy For Web, Email And Social Media
- 5 Social Media Strategies You May Be Neglecting
- 5 Apps For Social Media Content Creation
- How To Turn Social Media Into A Lead Generation Machine
- How To Choose The Right Social Media Platform For Your Business
- How To Find Your Voice On Social Media
These are just a few ideas to help you get that great product of yours mentioned and noticed.
Do some homework and find out what other strategies are out there to help you market a product that consumers can’t live without.