WITHOUT a content marketing strategy, you’ll be a blogger.
WITH a content marketing strategy, you’ll become a blogger with a business.
What is content marketing?
Educational blog posts that give you credibility due to how well it’s written and how helpful it is to the reader.
What is STRATEGIC content marketing?
For every single piece of content you put out, you must know what you’re trying to achieve and how you’re going to bring those people back.
1. What you’re trying to achieve:
Your post should give them the information they are looking for or answer the question they may have that your headline promises to answer. If they need further assistance, you must make it easy for them to reach out to you. Write as an authority in your field to gain credibility and be open to conversation.
Credibility = Trust = Conversions $$$.
2. How you’re going to bring those people back:
To add even more value to your posts, you should have an upgraded content offer such as an opt-in with even better content for them to devour – this will dramatically increase your opt-ins.
Strategic content marketing is the beginning of your email relationship with your readers. By writing quality content that they want to read, they sign up to your newsletter read more.
Your regular newsletters should have nothing to do with sales, instead it should be highly educational, inspirational and interesting.
You want your subscribers to look forward to receiving and reading your emails.
- 5 Ways To Get People To Sign Up For Your Email List
- How To Turn Your Social Media Followers Into Subscribers
Pin the pic below and keep reading!
How do you make money from content marketing?
You can monetize your blog posts with affiliate marketing to make your time worth while.
You can do this by suggesting resources and tools they can invest in that are related to the post or offer your product or services as an upgrade to learn more.
For example, this post is about strategic content marketing done through an email service, therefore I would recommend ConvertKit, the email service provider I personally use and link to it using my affiliate link.
If you want to learn how to tap into the infinite wealth of affiliate marketing, take this online course. (It’s how all the 6 figure bloggers make their first dollars).
How do you master content marketing?
You must change your mindset from short term to the long haul.
Content marketing isn’t about making a quick buck, it’s about setting yourself up for long term success.
Think about how long it takes to establish a well known brand, build credibility, and win people’s trust.
The only way to master it is to be dedicated to it.
How do you create a content marketing strategy?
Ask yourself the following questions;
- What ACTION do you want your readers to take after reading your post?
- Is your call to action clear and easy to do?
- Do you have a call to action in place?
Common call to actions on blog posts include;
- Joining your Facebook Group (<- join mine here)
- Leaving a comment
- Pinning an image
- Subscribing to your email list
- Email you any additional questions they may have
Basically it is getting your readers to interact with you in one way or another. Every blog post should have at least one call to action.
Pin the pic below and keep reading!
Are you making it easy for people to contact you?
People like to interact with other humans, therefore make yourself as available as possible to build that one-on-one interaction.
What if you’re tired of giving away free content all the time?
Blogging is first and foremost a GIFT to your readers.
You’re not obligated to produce. Once you change your mindset about it, it’s less pressure on you.
Yes there is an element of consistency involved, but more than anything it’s about strategy.
The more strategic you are about it, the easier it will be.
- If you don’t have new blog posts, share old ones!
- Group old posts together for a long list post and make sure to link to old posts.
- Create 10 questions that your audience should be asking about your topic and answer them!
- Go deeper on the topics that your audience reacted the best to.
- Out of ideas? Learn how to create catchy titles: How To Write Irresistibly Clickable Headlines.
- If you really hit a stone wall, read: The 5 Stone Walls Bloggers Hit (And How To Move Past Them)!
What happens after you get them in your email list?
Keep them engaged!
I send out weekly emails on topics related to business and blogging. They are always educational. Sign up to stay connected with me!
Weekly Entrepreneur Resources
Join 150K other female entrepreneurs.
In the meantime if you don’t have a product yet, start creating one to sell to them that is related to all the content you’re producing.
Learn how to it: How To Launch Your Own Profitable Online Course.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com and I would be glad to answer them!
If you loved this post, please share on your social platforms and PIN the pic below!
<3 Elaine Rau
*Disclosure: There are some affiliate links in this post, but these are all products I highly recommend. I won’t put anything on this page that I haven’t verified and/or personally used.
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- Anya Overmann Creates Strategic Content For Small Businesses - June 18, 2019
- Emma Norris Helps Businesses And Bloggers Generate Quality Leads - June 7, 2019
- 10 Traits Successful Bloggers Have - May 30, 2019
- Jennie Fahn Uses Humor And Relatability To Help People - May 15, 2019
- Michelle Fee Helps Globetrotters Live Out Their Travel Dreams - May 13, 2019