Build Your Online Empire
WHAT IS LADY BOSS BLOGGER?
An educational blog for people who want to learn how to start, grow, and scale an online business.
I started my business with just $12.18 (keep scrolling to read my story).
Grab the exclusive list of my top 50 tools to grow an online business.
WHO IS ELAINE RAU?
I teach people how to become entrepreneurs by learning how to monetize their BLOG + INSTAGRAM to make a full-time living online.
Check out the results some of my students have gotten from taking my courses.
- Colleen Cook went from 0-20 brand deals in one week
- Mireya Lopez’s paid promotions went from 10% to 75%
- Tania Fraco’s traffic increased by a whopping 352%
- Stephanie Vainer landed a partnership with her dream brand (Crayola)
- Katie Marshall’s page views and income shot up 20%
- Rosemary Slade finally cracked 5K after taking the course
- Leah Sander’s traffic went from 1K to 50K monthly viewers
- 7-Day Start A Money Making Blog
- 21-Day Build A Better Blog Challenge
- 5-Day Make Money With Affiliate Marketing
- 3-Day Become An Instagram Influencer
THE STORY BEHIND THE BLOG:
Before I started blogging, I worked in the wedding industry.
I was the National Wedding Sales Manager for a global company in Corporate America.
It was my dream job.
My job was my life and I worked 24/7, but I loved what I did so it never felt like work.
However, it all came crashing down when I received a devastating phone call from my boyfriend.
His older brother had been missing for a week and he was calling me with an update.
He told me he found his brother’s body… he had been murdered.
We had just spent Christmas together in Honduras and were getting ready to celebrate his 28th birthday in January.
I immediately called my boss and asked if I could attend the funeral in Honduras.
But his response shocked me.
He said NO… because it would affect sales.
I realized at that exact moment that I was merely a dollar sign to the company.
So I quit.
I packed my life up in 2 suitcases and moved to Honduras the next day.
However, I didn’t realize how hard the transition would be.
I had left my home, my friends, and my job (which was a huge part of my identity), and had moved to a developing country where I didn’t speak the language or understand the culture.
My “wedding industry skills” and sales skills were all useless there and I started to feel extremely isolated.
The only person I could talk to was my boyfriend and he was going through a rough time.
So I started this blog as an outlet for me to learn how to make money online and become a LADY BOSS BLOGGER.
When people started flooding my inbox asking me how I scaled my blog so quickly and started my own business with just $12.18, I decided it was time to compile all my best strategies into a simple step-by-step master class.
If I can do it, so can you.
I’m just an ordinary girl who was pushed to think outside the box because of my circumstances.
Starting a business is actually quite simple and boils down to 3 steps in this order:
- Learning from the right people
- Implementing the right strategies
- Working hard towards your goals
Oh yea and if you’re wondering what happened to my boyfriend and I…
We got married at The Micah Project a year later.
A portion of all proceeds from LadyBossBlogger goes to The Micah Project which is a home for street kids in Honduras.
My husband was once one of those boys, which is why this charity is really close to my heart.
Plus the blog was actually founded on The Micah Project property – they took me in for a month when I moved down there to give me time to find my own place.
For more background on the origins of LadyBossBlogger, read The Huffington Post.
Or if you prefer to watch it, click the play button below.
TOP BUSINESS RESOURCES:
HOW TO COLLABORATE:
- We interview female entrepreneurs.
- We are currently accepting guest post submissions from experts and brands.
- Internship opportunities are open right now, sign up here.
- Ask me to speak at your next conference (below video is my presentation at Bloggy Con).