OWNER AND DATA CONTROLLER
Elaine Rau of LadyBossBlogger (“us”, “we”, “our”, “company”, “I”, or “me”) operates https://www.ladybossblogger.com (the “Site” or “Blog”). The term “you” refers to any users, visitors or viewers of this Website.
Contact email: email@example.com.
Address: 1200 N. Arlington Heights Rd, Itasca IL 60143.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Site collects some personal data from its users.
By submitting personal data to us, you agree to us using your personal data as follows.
All content on this Website, including the words, information, documents, design, graphics, photographs, graphics, images and all other information and intellectual property, registered and unregistered (“Content”) is my property and is protected by the United States intellectual property laws.
When you access this Website or its Content, you agree that you will not copy, duplicate or steal my Content. Any unauthorized use of the Content is a violation of these Terms and I reserve the right to prosecute unauthorized use to the fullest extent of the law.
Information on this Website may be copied for personal use only. No part of this website may be reproduced, stored, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, scanning, or otherwise, except as permitted under Section 107 or 108 of the 1976 United States Copyright Act, without my prior written permission.
You may link back to any blog posts or articles on this Website that are widely and publicly available, as long as you give credit by providing a hyperlink back to this Website. Requests to the author and publisher for any other kind of permission should be addressed to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org, before the use of my Content.
Due to the dynamic nature of the Internet, certain links on this website may have changed. I make no representations to the current accuracy of the web information shared.
INFORMATION COLLECTION, PURPOSE AND USE
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to name, email address, cookies, usage data, password.
We may use your personal information to
- send you our newsletters from time to time
- manage contacts and send messages
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us which may be of interest to you
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- interact with external social networks and platforms (e.g. social media widgets and share bars)
- allow registration and authentication (e.g. affiliate portals and membership areas)
- allow access to third party services’ accounts
- monitor infrastructure
- manage hosting and backend infrastructure
- interact with live chat platforms
- carry out remarketing and behavioral targeting (including display ads)
- display content from external platforms
- carry out commercial affiliation (e.g. display ads)
- interact with support and feedback platforms
- manage user database
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site.
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this data.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information.
Some of third parties such as for example Google Analytics and Google AdSense collect statistics in an anonymized and aggregated form and may not require the consent of the user or may be managed directly by us without the help of third parties.
Through browser preferences, it is also possible to delete cookies installed in the past, including the cookies that may have saved the initial consent for the installation of cookies by this Site.
Users can, for example, find information about how to manage cookies in the most commonly used browsers (e.g. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Microsoft Internet Explorer) on the website of the browser of choice.
EWWW Image Optimizer
If you accept user-submitted images and use the API or ExactDN, those images may be transmitted to third-party servers in foreign countries. If Backup Originals is enabled, images are stored for 30 days. Otherwise, no images are stored on the API for longer than 30 minutes.
Suggested API Text: User-submitted images may be transmitted to image compression servers in the United States and stored there for up to 30 days.
Suggested ExactDN Text: User-submitted images that are displayed on this site will be transmitted and stored on a global network of third-party servers (a CDN).
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for XXX years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example —
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Smush sends images to the WPMU DEV servers to optimize them for web use. This includes the transfer of EXIF data. The EXIF data will either be stripped or returned as it is. It is not stored on the WPMU DEV servers.
Smush uses a third-party email service (Drip) to send informational emails to the site administrator. The administrator’s email address is sent to Drip and a cookie is set by the service. Only administrator information is collected by Drip.
Your personal data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
LAWFUL BASIS OF PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
We may process personal data relating to users if one of the following applies:
• users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes;
• provision of data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the user and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
• processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
• processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us;
• processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party.
We process and store your personal data for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- personal data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between us and the user will be retained until such contract has been fully performed;
- personal data collected for the purposes of our legitimate interests will be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes;
- we may be allowed to retain personal data for a longer period whenever the user has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn;
- we may be obliged to retain personal data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
You are granted a limited license to access and review this Website and its Content for your personal use, but you are not granted a license for business or commercial use. As a licensee, you may not use this Website or its Content in a manner that constitutes the infringement of any of my rights, unless otherwise authorized by me.
I reserve all rights not expressly granted in these Terms.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users (such as, for example, Converkit), so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Users have the right to do the following:
• Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their personal data.
• Object to processing of their data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
• Access their data. Users have the right to learn if data is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
• Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
• Restrict the processing of their data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their data. In this case, we will not process their data for any purpose other than storing it.
• Have their personal data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their data from us.
• Receive their data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any undue delay.
• Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection supervisory authority.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com.
These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by us as soon as possible and always within 30 days.
The security of your personal information is important to us.
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our Site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the internet is completely secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You may leave comments on blog posts. Please remember that any information you provide is not private. The information can be viewed by anyone online including family, friends, the media, investigators, and potential employers conducting background checks.
USER GENERATED CONTENT
Any user-generated content on this website (such as through blog comments or social media posts) will be publicly available to other users.
By submitting any content or materials to me and/or this Website, you agree to give me an unlimited license so that this content can be shared on this Website. This license includes your permission that your Website submission, blog comment or such other information may be a part of the current or future existence of my Website and its Content. You are granting the right to be identified as the author of any of your contributions.
I reserve the right to remove any content that I determine to be unlawful, inappropriate, offensive or otherwise objectionable or in violation of any party’s intellectual property or these Terms.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
I have no control over and assume no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party websites or services. I shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or services.
By using and accessing this Website, you agree at all times to indemnify and hold harmless me and my Company, as well as any related parties, from and against any and all claims related to this Website or its Content. I will not be responsible or liable in any way for your use of the information or materials provided on this Website. I assume no liability for any injuries, damages or other losses alleged in connection with your use or access of this Website. If you use this Website and/or its Content, I assume no responsibility. I will not be liable to any party for any type of direct, indirect, special, incidental, equitable and/or consequential damages for your use, reliance, actions or failures to act related to the information on this Website.
These Terms are governed in accordance with the laws of Pennsylvania and the United States.
See the Privacy Statement (below) regarding how secure transactions are processed on our website.
By using and accessing this Website and its Content, you agree that you are solely responsible for your electronic communications. You agree to provide honest and accurate information and that you are authorized to make any purchases you may make. You agree to only use this Website and its Content for lawful purposes and you agree to not act fraudulently, unlawfully or otherwise inappropriately.
If you engage in any purchases from this Website, you agree and acknowledge that personal payment information is being transmitted. I use outside vendors (including PayPal and Teachable) to sell products and services and process payments. You acknowledge that these outside vendors may have access to your name, address and payment information.
I do not personally have access to nor do I store any information. I have chosen vendors carefully and attempt to only use secure transmissions. However, I will not be liable or responsible for any data breaches that result in any loss, damage or other injuries when dealing with one of these vendors. These vendors may have their own privacy and data collection practices that differ from mine. For more information, visit that vendor’s website to learn more.
I reserve the right in my sole discretion to refuse or terminate your access to the Website and its Content, in full or in part, at any time without notice. I also reserve the right to remove undesirable comments or shares on my blog and social media channels.
SALE OF BUSINESS
Should we sell this website or the business, your personal information will be an asset transferred to the new owner.
ILLINOIS ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
We agree to users visiting our Site anonymously.
COPPA (CHILDREN ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT)
For the collection of personal information from children under the age of 16 years old, we comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 16 years old.
I am an affiliate for certain products/services that I may mention on my website, which means that I may earn a commission for any purchases that you make. This is at no additional cost to you.
I mention these products and services to you because I believe in them and want to help you improve your life. I only recommend products or services that I feel will deliver value to you.
LadyBossBlogger is a for-profit business, which means I do earn an income with this website.
Please assume that any links leading you to products or services are affiliate links and that I will receive a commission from your purchase. All efforts are made to ensure that affiliate links are disclosed in accordance with FTC Rules and Regulations.
These Terms and Conditions may change from time to time and all updates will be posted on this page.
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- Raquel Graham Invents New Products That Simplify Life - February 20, 2019
- Shannon King Helps Women Overcome The Toughest Obstacles In Life - February 18, 2019
- How To Find The Best Savings Accounts - February 17, 2019
- Deborah Kos Helps Busy Moms Learn How To Be Less Stressed - February 16, 2019
- Brittany Lee Helps Women Get What They Want From Their Men - February 14, 2019