Racquel Walters is a licensed Social Worker & Coach who provides clarity and direction using varied guided techniques to improve one’s greater self. Racquel empowers women with low self-confidence and anxiety in different life areas, to crush fear so that they can finally feel confident and get results. Racquel holds a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology with a Minor degree in Media, Communications and Technology from LaRoche College in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She also holds a Masters degree in Social Work from Adelphi University, Garden City, New York. Racquel has worked with hundreds of clients over the years in one of the top hospitals in New York City. She is now an entrepreneur running an online coaching business. Read our interview with the lovely Racquel below…
What motivated and inspired you to start your own business?
Ever since I was young, a part of me always wanted to be an entrepreneur. I wanted to enter the e-commerce business. I had aspirations to sell clothes, but instead I sold cosmetic jewelry and beauty products for a few years. I then later decided to go into the online coaching business as I yearned for flexibility and location independence, as well as deciding to use my expertise in counseling. I worked as a hospital Social Worker and counseled people from different backgrounds and cultures with diverse issues concerning one’s social, mental, physical and spiritual health. It only made sense to transfer my expertise and skills online to help many more women around the world.
Tell us about your business.
My online coaching business brand is “KonnectingHer”. Its mission and vision is to serve, empower, uplift and encourage women to connect to their mind, soul and journey through varied methods and enlightenments. It is to promote and provide active listening, validation of feelings, support, and connect to one’s inner self and form the connection to resources to foster a healthy mind and individual purpose in the world. It is to fuel awareness, empowerment and build confidence to create your uniquely defined journey to balance and happiness!
Are you currently running any promos/contests/giveaways that you would like our readers to know about?
- I am currently running a giveaway for two (2) Beta Testers for my “Be Confidently You” 3 Hours Intensive Session. To enter, contestant has to be a woman who is struggling with low self-confidence and anxiety in a specific life area who wants to get confident by committing to taking action steps to finally see results. To enter, contestants must go to my Instagram page @konnectingher, like and comment under the post for “Beta Testers” as well as tag three (3) friends who they think may benefit from my IG page. Finally, contestants must repost one of my quotes that inspires them on their own Instagram page, tag @konnectingher and use my hashtag #konnectingher. All contestants Instagram page must be public so that the two (2) winners can be announced.
- I also have a FREE pdf worksheet called “Mindsetting Your Way to Confidence” that provides women with gaining self clarity, direction and steps to take daily to be and feel more confident. To access the FREE worksheet, join my email list by going to my website www.racquelwalters.com and enter your name and email address. You will get immediate access to the worksheets!
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology with a Minor degree in Media, Communications and Technology from LaRoche College in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Masters degree in Social Work from Adelphi University, Garden City, New York.
- Has worked with hundreds of clients over the years in one of the top hospitals in New York City.
- Licensed Social Worker.
Where is your business based?
My business is based online and sessions are conducted via telephone/skype. My website is www.racquelwalters.com.
What were the first few steps you took to get your business up and running?
The first few steps was to join an online business school as I wanted to learn all I could about conducting an online business. This was a great investment as it taught me how to explore my thoughts about building the right business with authenticity and integrity. It taught me about building websites, email list building, how to communicate and market online among other things. I am a strong believer that one has to invest in their education and learn from others who have gone before them and are successful. You do not have to re-invent the wheel!
What has been the most effective way of raising awareness of your business and getting new customers?
For me social media has been effective for me in getting my personal and business brand visible. Instagram and Facebook are my two main social media tools that have helped me market along with word of mouth.
What have been your biggest challenges so far?
My biggest challenge so far I would say is cracking the code to marketing online. The downfall of social media at times is that things are always changing especially with Facebook and Instagram algorithms which at times make it difficult to position my business in front of my audience.
How did you overcome these challenges?
I am constantly educating myself when these changes occur with Facebook and Instagram and have recently joined a program that will help my business with marketing strategies. In any business, the business has to keep up with the ever-changing internet and world.
How do you keep motivated through difficult times?
I have to be completely honest. At times, it is difficult to stay motivated. For me, when I feel lack of motivation, I often take a mini break from the work to rest and rejuvenate myself. I meditate and pray. I started to do yoga and exercise and have seen great improvements with getting clarity and focus. Other days, I just need to rock out to my favorite songs which gets me hyped up to keep going!
How do you distinguish yourself from your competitors?
I try to show up each day with posts and messages that are authentic to me, hoping that my audience can relate and that the message resonates with them. I not only try to motivate and inspire my audience, I also motivate and inspire myself. I believe that my business is me and I am my business. I created my business to empower and help other women who have had the same or similar life experiences as me.
What is the best advice you have received recently?
The best advice that I have received recently was from a close friend who told me to never give up! Even in trying times, never give up, because I have something special to offer the world. It’s a big confidence booster when you have a support system!
What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
Stay open to connecting with other entrepreneurs. Especially women entrepreneurs should help each other by sharing information and uplifting and empowering one another. There is a quote I came across that says, “when women support each other, incredible things happen” – author unknown.
What is your favorite business tool or resource?
My favorite business tool at the moment is Asana which is a project management app. It allows me to plan out my projects for the year and break them down in tasks. You can also assign work to your business team and keep track of things to complete. I also use google calendar and has it synced with all my devices.
What social media outlets do you use? List them below.
What is a good article or book you have read recently?
The e-myth revisited “Why Most Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It” by Michael E. Gerber. I love this book as it teaches structure and strategies to build and maintain a long lasting business whether you are selling products or services (this is for those readers who want to start a business).
What are you currently learning about for your business or looking for help with?
As mentioned before, I joined a business course that will educate me about current marketing strategies to implement in my business.
What are your goals for the next few months and how are you striving to achieve them?
For the next few months, my goals are to obtain more clients. I am also working on a self study course to launch in a couple months. To achieve them, I am committing to my productivity schedule and systems I have in place. Without organization and commitment to completing goals and tasks, there is no way I could stay on track. I like to be organized as it keeps me focused and on track.
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- JLab Wireless Earphones v.s. Sudio Wireless Earphones - November 8, 2019
- How To Cool Your Business Premises Without Spending A Fortune - October 22, 2019
- Briana Ross Teaches Female Entrepreneurs How To Build Unforgettable Brands - October 20, 2019
- Jennifer Lehr Educates Couples On How To Create A Safe And Connected Relationship - October 20, 2019
- Dawn Myers Helps Women Of Color Style Their Natural Hair With Tech-Enabled Tools - October 20, 2019