Dr. Marsie Lyn Ross has been a holistic pharmacist for almost 20 years and has a true passion and dedication to women’s health and wellness. Dr. Ross founded EdLyn Essentials to help empower women over 40 to live a life full of energy! Her motto is “Healthy is the NEW Beautiful!”
What motivated and inspired you to start your own business?
Women’s health has always been a passion of mine. It is alarming that we lose one woman almost every minute to heart disease! It is the number one killer of women – more than all the cancers combined! But this is preventable and we must band together to prove the numbers wrong. As a healthcare technician I could no longer sit by and not advocate for women’s mental, physical and emotional health.
Tell us about your business.
EdLyn means ‘noble protector’. Our mission is to help women thrive through nutritional education and inspiration. EdLyn Essentials creates nutritional supplements made with the highest quality vitamins, minerals and herbal complexes.
Are you currently running any promos/contests/giveaways that you would like our readers to know about?
Yes! We have a few:
- A 30 day challenge for the Women’s Daily Multi-Nutrient. We offer a money back guarantee that when taken daily our product will increase energy and focus, better digestion and more balanced hormones for good vibes (reduced PMS or menopausal symptoms)
- Get our 15-day Colon Cleanse FREE when you purchase the Women’s Daily Multi-Nutrient
- Get 10% off entire purchase when you sign up to join our EdLyn Community
- Free Shipping on orders $60 or more
- Doctor of Pharmacy
- Licensed Pharmacist
Where is your business based?
All of our products are available online and shipped directly to your door. Our offices are located in Bethesda, Maryland.
What were the first few steps you took to get your business up and running?
- Healthcare expert.
- We did extensive research on each of the ingredients in our products to ensure they would work together give the best results.
- More than a name!
- EdLyn means noble protector and I knew that I wanted to build a brand that could be a woman’s girlfriend. True girlfriends always want to help you be your best and are your biggest cheerleaders! Just like a girlfriend, EdLyn wants you to have fabulous hair, clear and younger looking skin, feel good vibes even during PMS or menopause symptoms and have weight and appetite control so you look amazing in your favorite outfit!
- EdLyn Essentials, LLC becomes official!
- I obtained a Fed Tax ID # because it is critical to make the company a legal entity.
- We moved into our official office space shortly after!
- Whoop! Whoop!
- Finding EdLyn Women!
- The next step was to get the product in the hands of our target audience. We offered a FREE 3 months supply to a focus group of women over 40 and asked for their feedback. This gave us tons of feedback prior to product launch plus we were able to add testimonies to the website immediately.
- Building an eCommerce website.
- Now this is where it all started to come together.
- Product (check).
- Business banking merchant account for check out (check).
- Testimonies (check).
- Now this is where it all started to come together.
What has been the most effective way of raising awareness of your business and getting new customers?
- Health Expos – We engage our customers directly and capture email addresses for follow up engagement.
- FB Live – Wellness Wednesday with Your Virtual Pharmacist is a platform for the EdLyn Community to engage on practical tips on how to live the healthy life you deserve. We discuss topics like, “How to get through menopause with style and grace” and “How to keep your house healthy and happy during flu season”.
- Instagram and Facebook – My personal page has increasing engagement from followers.
- Direct Mail – Connecting to our target audience through direct mail is an evolving part of our marketing plan.
What have been your biggest challenges so far?
- Conversion. Converting FB and Instagram followers to our website and opting into our list, purchasing the products and signing up for auto-replenish.
- Extending our reach on FB to our target audience – women 40 and over looking to live healthier, take vitamins and detox.
How did you overcome these challenges?
- Updated website to support conversion.
- Added call to action on home page.
- Used pop-up for opt-in EdLyn Community.
How do you keep motivated through difficult times?
Read success stories from women taking EdLyn Essentials who are enjoying who they are now and remembering the person they used to be! Now they have;
- More energy to have a date with their husband after a long day at the office.
- More joy to engage with friends.
- Better digestion and weight loss.
- Feeling more confident and sexy.
- More focused at work and showing their bosses they are ready for a promotion.
How do you distinguish yourself from your competitors?
We are not a big corporation focused on the bottom line. EdLyn Essentials is a company founded by a woman for women. As a mother, wife, sister, daughter, best friend and healthcare professional, I know first hand how little time a woman has to focus on her own needs. I also know how important it is to feel confident and sexy and strong inside and out.
Our Women’s Daily Multi-Nutrient is packaged perfectly for women on-the-go. Our individual packets allow women to stay focused on their own health even on the go. The packets travel well and can be stored in your purse or desk. Have great hair, clear skin, healthy digestion, fewer night sweats and PMS symptoms even with your busy schedule. We are there when you need us! All of our products are backed by science and are made in USA.
What is the best advice you have received recently?
Pasha Oliver-Carter told me to “Start Before You’re Ready!” As a classic Type A personality and a scientist, I love to have everything “perfect” before moving forward. This advice is what made me launch Wellness Wednesday’s and it has been extremely successful in helping me engage my targeted audience.
What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
Don’t be afraid to be a trailblazer! Believe in yourself and know that your journey is yours alone and doesn’t have to look like everyone else’s. Also, be patient! It will happen. Just keep moving forward.
What are your favorite business tools/resources and why?
I love SMS text messaging marketing because it allows you to get to know the customer on a more personal level. It’s the best generational bridge because everyone texts! It’s quick, concise and gets immediate response. I love to find out people’s healthy lifestyle goals to see how EdLyn Essentials can help them #win.
What is a good article or book you have read recently?
I am immersed in integrated nutrition so anything related to this topic I absolutely love. Just read “Integrating Nutrition into Practice” by Dr. Gerard Mullin.
What are you currently learning about for your business or looking for help with?
Digital campaigns, press releases, Google AdWorks, FB campaigns and how to successfully moderate a radio show.
What are your goals for the next few months and how are you striving to achieve them?
- Host FB Live broadcast on a weekly basis (done)
- 30 days of consistent contact with leads (create content for social media outlets)
- Increase conversion rates for optins to generate more leads
- Appear as guest on other health or women focused panels (live and virtual)
What social media outlets do you use? List them below.
Instagram @marseboss, @edlynessentials_llc
Twitter @edlyn4life, @marse_boss
Facebook Group @EdLynWomanVIP
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Hashtags #edlyn4life #40forlife #womenshealth #edlyn