A Psychologist turned Business Growth & Marketing Coach, Best Selling Author & Speaker. She teaches mental health professionals, counselors, coaches & entrepreneurs to get clear, to start, grow and to monetize a practice and business while protecting it without making costly mistakes.
Dr. Lynda Barnes is also a child sexual abuse and domestic violence survivor and created an organization for women leaving prison to become self-sufficient entrepreneurs. She is an advocate for women to become aware of their higher self.
Kind-hearted, passionate and innovative, she loves help others focus on, Building a Business (BuildaBiz), Protect.Grow.Profit (PGP), Purpose, Aim, Map, Profit & Score (PAMPS) & Marketing, Outreach, Rebirth, Profit & Honor (MORPH) in their practice and business.
Being Christ-Centered has allowed her to serve from a place of love and fulfilling her God-given purpose from personal knowledge, educational and real-life experience.
What motivated and inspired you to start your own business?
I am always motivated and inspired to start any business I have by helping other achieve specific results that my business provides. I love helping others, it brings me joy and fulfillment.
Tell us about your business.
I currently teach mental health professional, counselors, coaches and entrepreneurs how to get aligned, protect, grow and profit in their business without making costly mistakes.
Are you currently running any promos/contests/giveaways that you would like our readers to know about?
I am currently offering a $1000 off my PGP Coaching programs as a Lady Boss Blogger promotion.
- PhD in Christian Counseling/ Education
- MBA in Healthcare/ Public Administration
- MA in Marriage & Family Counseling
Built a practice and helped a Community Mental Health Center generate 7 figures by adding multiple streams of income.
Where is your business based?
It’s based in Florida but is available for online services.
What were the first few steps you took to get your business up and running?
In my current business, I established by researching my target market. Then I aligned my social media with my message. But I first aligned my purpose, my aim, and my map so that I could equal in profit and score.
- Purpose = Mission + Vision + Values
- Aim = Goals + Objectives
- Map = Business + Implementation Plan
- Profit = Ways to Monetize
- Score = Results + Tracking
What has been the most effective way of raising awareness of your business and getting new customers?
Having a marketing plan in which I use word of mouth, content on social media, also email and other marketing strategies.
What have been your biggest challenges so far?
Keeping my mindset focused because I struggle with PTSD.
How did you overcome these challenges?
It’s a daily task for me to practice mind shifting exercises to stay focused and keep my mind in a success achieving mindset.
How do you keep motivated through difficult times?
I motivate by first praying, reading scripture related to being successful and listening to encouraging praise and worship music. I also incorporate stretching my muscles while listening to music to de-stress and release the negative energy or thought.
How do you distinguish yourself from your competitors?
I teach from actual educational, training and or real life experience. I teach what I‘ve actually done, things I’ve learned that works and from the mistakes I’ve made in business.
What is the best advice you have received recently?
Don’t devalue yourself, don’t give too much of yourself to where you get lost or lose yourself.
What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
Never let others dictate your success or failure! Do it on your own terms, so there are no regrets or blame.
What are your favorite business tools/resources and why?
- Simply Practice, it’s an all in one system where I can book appointments, have video appointments and keep all my documents and notes of each appointment with my clients.
- NoHassle Brand Products, a very simple WordPress based.
- Stripe, a simple way to receive payment through each of this software above that gets deposited straight into my account
What is a good article or book you have read recently?
What are you currently learning about for your business or looking for help with?
Outsourcing and developing a team.
What are your goals for the next few months and how are you striving to achieve them?
I am looking to grow my business and add a team of area expertise coaches, a sales team and a support team.
What social media outlets do you use? List them below.
Facebook Group @pampsyp, @morphyp, @thepurposefulentrepreneurs
Hashtags #drlyndabarnes #mentalhealthprofessionals
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- How To Monetize Your Influence: Taught By Award-Winning Influencer Elaine Rau - February 21, 2020
- From Zero Luck To 20 Brand Deals In One Week - February 20, 2020
- Federica Attanasio And Federica Pecis Help Female Entrepreneurs Succeed Through The Power Of Digital Marketing - February 19, 2020
- Jessica Osborn Helps Professional Women Build Scalable And Profitable Service Businesses - February 16, 2020
- Hilary Johnson Helps Women Entrepreneurs Build Powerful, Purposeful, And Profitable Businesses - February 13, 2020