What you’ll learn in this interview:
- Her favorite business tools that she uses as an influencer
- The one book that changed her perspective on life
- Her advice on being valued and combating perfectionism
- 2 products that are indispensable in her life
- 2 influential women that helped her define womanhood
How This Influencer Coach Runs Her Business Behind The Scenes
What do you do? Who do you help?
I help female experts and coaches make money being an influencer.
List your favorite business tools.
- Instagram Stories – Gives people a RAW version of you. It is really designed to let people see behind the scenes into your life, so leverage it!
- Zoom – Simple video software used to record your screen. I use it for business meetings as well as recording all my interviews.
- Streamyard – This is a new software. It allows me to stream to Facebook and YouTube at the same time as I’m creating content.
- RePurpose.io – One of the most powerful things you can do for your business is to create content and with Re-Purpose.io you can do that automatically. I connect my RSS feed to RePurpose.io and within minutes all of my audio recordings are in the correct IGTV and YouTube format for videos!
What is a good course, website or book you would recommend and why?
- The Magic Of Thinking Big by David J. Suchwartz
- The Game Of Life And How to Play It by Florence School Shinn – this book changed my life. Florence was a healer and metaphysical trainer in the 1930 in New York. She was way before her time. She gave me tools and a perspective to see the world and business as a game. Life is a game!
What is the best piece of advice you have received?
“Never Stay Where Your Presence Is Not Valued”.
This piece of advice is soooo good for women. We stay in romantic relationships, friend relationships, jobs, work environments, networking events… way longer then we should. We all know the moment when we realize that person, the group, the situation is no longer healthy and has turned toxic… that is the moment we should remove ourselves.
When you ask yourself, “Is this person/situation valuing me? Is my presence valued?” You will know the answer.
What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
Focus. Focus. Focus. You are not perfect and that is ok. Being a solo entrepreneur is overwhelming so find the ONE thing you are good at, and be GOOD… and then become GREAT at it.
What is your beauty and/or fitness routine?
I am a member of Golds Gym and CorePower Yoga.
- 7AM: Cardio at the gym or walk.
- 5PM: Spin class or yoga and weight lifting.
- Saturday 7:30AM: First yoga, then I walk to WholeFoods to have breakfast, usually consisting of fresh smoothies, fruit, nuts, and eggs, then I head to my spin class at 10:30AM.
List the products or items that are indispensable in your life.
- My LAMEEKU iPhone case. It has slots for my driver’s license and credit cards.
- LuLu Lemon Yoga Pants. I wear yoga pants while I am filming and recording my radio and TV show. I seriously wear yoga pants so much that one time I wore them on a date with a sassy top. The guy had no idea!
Which female entrepreneur(s) do you look up to and why?
- Suzanne Somers – She could have easily been a one-hit wonder actress. However, she started publishing a book once a year, every year for 10 years. She was able to take her experience as an actress in one sitcom and build a multimillion-dollar business around herself and a brand she created. I saw her speak one time in Dallas back in the late 1990’s, she shared about how her father was an alcoholic and beat her. She has been able to overcome so much. I admire her! A few of her most popular books include:
- Breakthrough: Eight Steps to Wellness
- TOX-SICK: From Toxic to Not Sick
- Knockout: Interviews with Doctors Who Are Curing Cancer
- Suzanne Somers’ Eat Great, Lose Weight
- Suzanne Somers’ Fast & Easy: Lose Weight
- I’m Too Young for This!: The Natural Hormone Solution to Enjoy Perimenopause
- Ageless: The Naked Truth About Bioidentical Hormones
- Sexy Forever: How to Fight Fat after Forty
- The Sexy Forever Recipe Bible
- Two’s Company: A Fifty-Year Romance with Lessons Learned in Love, Life & Business
- The Sexy Years: Discover the Hormone Connection: The Secret to Fabulous Sex, Great Health, and Vitality, for Women and Men
- Bombshell: Explosive Medical Secrets That Will Redefine Aging
- Madonna – When I was in third grade 1983, my mother took me to see Like A Virgin Tour in Houston Texas. As I saw this woman prance on stage in a wedding gown and be a sexual goddess, I was impressed and shocked at the same time – she beat the odds. She broke through glass ceilings and gave many artists and women a voice.
List your social media platforms.
- Instagram @HeatherHavenwood
- Twitter @HHavenwood
- Facebook www.facebook.com/HeatherHavenwood
- LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/in/heatherannd
- Website www.heatherhavenwood.com