What you’ll learn in this interview:
- The mantra that turned this broke teen mom into a multi-million-dollar business owner.
- The one personal development course that made everything possible.
- Why her new book, Own It All, can you help you finally start getting the results you know you’re capable of.
- Where to go to get fun freebies from Andrea like free workouts and meditations to boost your goal-crushing capabilities.
- Which smartphone apps and settings keep her from turning into a total social media zombie so she can get more done.
1. What do you do? Who do you help?
I’m the founder and CEO of the award-winning Barre & Soul® fitness and yoga studios with 5 locations and counting, and Barre Guild Academy online instructor certification.
As a women’s empowerment speaker, I’ve shared stages with Michelle Obama and Billie Jean King. I’m also a feminist writer who has appeared in Forbes, HuffPost, and Entrepreneur, and the author of Own It All: How to Stop Waiting for Change and Start Creating It. Because Your Life Belongs to You.
2. List your favorite business tools.
- Planoly for scheduling Instagram posts, which includes a very handy auto-posting feature
- SmarterQueue for scheduling Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter posts, which has a great repeat-posting feature so that you can share things on repeat like newsletter signup links, blog articles, press mentions or any other content you want to re-share periodically.
- Frederick which integrates with MINDBODY software, the scheduling platform on which my studios operate
- ConvertKit for my personal brand
- Boomerang for Gmail! I am completely obsessed. I use it regularly to get messages out of my inbox until a later time when I am more able to focus on them. And I can’t say enough about the inbox pause feature. It’s a total game-changer.
- Asana for managing projects with my team.
- Luckily for my business, I don’t have anything to do with our accounting! But the wizard who does uses Quickbooks.
3. What is a good course, website or book you would recommend and why?
- The Landmark Forum. Hands down the most life-changing personal development experience of my life.
- If you’ve ever thought about becoming barre certified or owning a barre studio, I highly recommend my online program, Barre Guild Academy, because it is 100% the most comprehensive and authentic training on the market.
- My book, Own It All, is designed to teach you ONE major mindset shift that will get you into action in any area of your life where you feel like your full potential isn’t being expressed. Not only does it share my journey from broke teen mom and domestic violence survivor to multi-million-dollar business owner, but it is also part workbook and provides tons of actionable material for you to start using it right away and get results.
- Andreaisabellelucas.com/bonus is a place where I give away fun things, like barre workout videos with me and guided meditations to help you crush your goals.
- Canva.com for creating beautiful marketing graphics for free or cheap
- Unroll.me for reducing subscription clutter in your inbox.
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay
- Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari
- The Easy Way to Control Alcohol by Allen Carr
- Own It All (by me!). This book is all about how to stop waiting for change and start creating it because your life belongs to you! We cover topics like style, relationships, career, goals, health, and even legacy to help you step into your power and full self-expression in this one precious life! I share my story along with interviews with other badass women, as well as workshop pages to help you put all of our tips and advice to use right away.
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received?
- You don’t have to know everything. You’ll figure it out! Just get started and keep asking for help when you need it.
- Done is better than perfect.
- “If you want to achieve greatness stop asking for permission.” -Eddie Colla
5. What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
- My mantra is, “Take the biggest risk you can stomach for today.” Today’s small, scary step may not look super impressive or sexy at the beginning. But every baby step really adds up.
- You will sometimes fail, but each time you do succeed, you’ll grow a little braver and more confident. As you do that, your confidence will naturally improve, and you’ll begin to feel comfortable taking on bigger and bigger things. This is what got me from being broke, relying on food stamps and terrified to get up and speak in front of just a handful of people when I first became a barre teacher, to speaking on big stages and building my own multi-million-dollar chain of studios from the ground up. I absolutely believe it will work for you too!
6. What is your beauty and/or fitness routine?
My daily beauty routine is fairly short thanks to a few shortcuts that I use. A few of them are:
- Laser hair removal – a game-changer and a time saver
- Eyelash extensions – they’re a splurge for sure but I love them and it’s like wearing eye makeup all the time.
- Gel manicure and pedicure – they last longer than anything else I’ve tried.
- Barre and Yoga – 3-4 times a week at my Barre & Soul studios
- Aerial Silks classes – at a local circus gym because I love being a student
- Plenty of sleep and good nutrition
7. List the products or items that are indispensable in your life.
- Dev 1 perfume by Olympic Orchids
- The Voxer App for sending quick memos to friends and team members
- The Screentime app limit setting on iPhone to stop me from going into a social media black hole all day.
- The Forest app for when I want to consciously take a break from my phone.
- The Productivity Planner for my daily to-doo list.
- Vans slip ons.
8. Which female entrepreneur(s) do you look up to and why?
- Sophia Amoruso for her business accomplishments and her commitment to building community and sharing her experience and lessons with other women.
- Bethenny Frankel because she does so much philanthropic work that I think many people don’t realize!
- Danielle LaPorte because I resonate with her message and the wealth of inspiration she brings to women through her books and talks.
- RuPaul (OK, so he is only sometimes female) because he has disrupted pop culture with so much joy, wisdom, playfulness and progressive thinking, he is truly my #1 role model.
9. List your social media platforms.
- Instagram @andreaisabellelucas, @barresoul
- Facebook @andreaisabellelucas, @barresoul
- LinkedIn @andreaisabellelucas
- Website www.andreaisabellelucas.com
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hashtags #ownitall #ownitallbook
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- The Seaweed Bath Co Purifying Products v.s. Restorative Products - September 17, 2019
- CamHome Olva Security Camera v.s. Blackbox Security Camera - September 5, 2019
- Caroline Tullis Helps Her Readers Be Authentic And Not Compare Themselves To Others - September 4, 2019
- Erin Halper Of The Upside Helps Women Find Success Beyond The 9-5 - September 4, 2019
- Alyssa Tabit Helps Millennial Women Become The Best Version Of Themselves - September 3, 2019