What you’ll learn in this interview:
- The training course that gave Nicole her Eureka moment
- How Nicole shares her passion for helping others be the best that they can be
- The book that resonated with Nicole as leader
- The 3 main philosophies Nicole lives her life by
- Why first impressions really do count
- Why Nicole believes a fit mind equals a fit body
- How sports provide inspiration for the challenges we face in the commercial world
How This Author Runs Her Business Behind The Scenes
1. What do you do? Who do you help?
I am a qualified EQ trainer and coach, CEO and founder of Diadem Performance, a leading commercial skills training and coaching company that has helped more than 2,000 people become commercial athletes in negotiation, selling, marketing, presenting, leadership and management.
My mission is to set people up for success by helping them get commercially Fit, Agile and Resilient so they can go FAR and achieve the extraordinary. I am the author of ‘The Negotiation Book’ and ‘The Influence Book’ and am currently writing my third book, ‘The Coaching Book’.
2. List your favorite business tools.
The world of sports – I am fascinated and inspired by the dedication and hard work athletic men and women put into being at the top of their game. I constantly reflect on how athletes would handle the challenges we face in the commercial world – this thinking provides me with endless food for thought.
3. What is a good course, website or book you would recommend and why?
- Roche Martin Emotional Intelligence Training – Training to become an EQ Practitioner provided me with my Eureka moment! I realized that combining commercial skills training with Emotional Intelligence – the ability to recognize and manage your emotions and those of others – could make a seismic difference to people’s performance and ability to reach their full potential.
- LinkedIn – It keeps me up to date with business news through the Daily Rundown and allows me to build my network. I now have more than 3500 contacts and this enables me to share my expert advice and passion for helping people to a wider audience.
- Why Should Anyone Be Led by You? What It Takes to Be an Authentic Leader – The premise of the book is that to be the best leader you need to know yourself and be authentic. It’s a powerful reminder to take care of all aspects of your relationships as they really matter. In life people buy people and they buy their leaders. So, you need to lead in an emotionally intelligent way to inspire and motivate those around you – this really resonated with me as I try and live by these mantras as a leader myself!
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received?
Life is short, so if you want to be happy – spend your work life doing what you are good at and what you enjoy. In addition to this, the best advice I share is also to know yourself, be yourself and above all remember if you don’t ask you don’t get.
5. What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
As an entrepreneur, there are 3 main philosophies I live by:
- Work hard play hard
- Love your network and they will love you
- Practice what you preach
There are many more but these three run deep and will help others set themselves up for success.
6. What is your beauty and/or fitness routine?
Presentation is everything – so always take care of your appearance. People generally make snap judgments so first impressions really do count. Always dress appropriately for the situation – be comfortable, authentic and smart but approachable.
I like wearing strong colors because I think it reflects my bubbly and energetic communication style. My grandmother taught me never to let myself go – if you feel good on the inside, you feel good on the outside!
I’m passionate about being fit for business and at home – I truly believe that a fit body equals a fit mind – it’s how I stay sane and carve out some me-time.
I play tennis for the social and fun aspect – it’s a thinking sport and I like to feel as though I’m improving my skills. I run to help me get some headspace and for my general fitness.
I regularly set exercise goals and share them with my PT to help me stay motivated and on track. I really notice the energy exercise gives me – it’s proven – your body releases endorphins that reduce stress and leave you with that post-workout high!
7. List the products or items that are indispensable in your life.
- Firstly, it’s my fabulous family, friends, and team – all of whom are indispensable in my life.
- Secondly, I need the right work environment that allows me to perform at my best – this means working with rewarding clients from varied industries and sectors in different countries around the world.
- Finally, I couldn’t live without my Apple products – I’m a total convert – whether it’s my iPhone, MacBook or Apple Watch!
8. Which female entrepreneur(s) do you look up to and why?
I think Serena Williams displays true resilience and determination. She’s a mum who’s an awesome sports person and an impressive businesswoman.
9. List your social media platforms.
- Twitter @nicoleSAuthor, @diademperform
- Facebook @nicolesoamesauthor
- LinkedIn Nicole (Marks) Soames
- Website www.nicolesoamesauthor.com, www.diademperformance.com
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hashtags #setyourselfupforsuccess #TheInfluenceBook #TheNegotiationBook #BuildingCommercialAthletes
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- Angela De Souza Helps Business Women Network - January 15, 2020
- How To Use Vinyl To Advertise Your Business - January 7, 2020
- Andrea Dotterer Helps Women Entrepreneurs Create An Authentic Social Media Presence - January 7, 2020
- Jackie Kossoff Helps Entrepreneurs Generate More Profit In Their Businesses - January 1, 2020
- Morgan Rogers Handcrafts Lashes That Cater Exclusively To Glamorous Girls - December 28, 2019