Dr. Daphne Clarke-Hudson helps women business owners discover what makes them unique and valuable in their industry so that they can confidently increase their profits without burnout. As a transformational coach, Dr. Daphne Clarke-Hudson provides keynotes and facilitates retreats. She is a three time #1 best seller on Amazon and a TV & radio talk show host. Read our interview with the lovely Daphne below…
What motivated and inspired you to start your own business?
When I worked as a nurse and other vocations, there was a big void in my life. At the time I had no idea what it was, it was not until I came to the USA and hired a coach to work with me that he pointed out how good I was and that coaching would be a great thing for me. I went further and asked ten different people about the qualities they observed in me and they all said: Motivator. After that I went to a weekend class with the DISC and learned the same thing about myself. I love people and have a passion to see them be empowered and transformed. This business allows me to do just that. I truly know I was born for this.
Tell us about your business.
My business provides consulting services, which includes but not limited to:
- Empowerment, Resilience and Transformation Coaching for Women
- Books, DVD, CDs
- Radio, TV, Podcast
Are you currently running any promos/contests/giveaways that you would like our readers to know about?
I am doing a speaking tour with the theme: ARE YOU READY TO GROW?
Maryland May 6, 2017
Houston May 20, 2017
Atlanta September 16, 2017
Other cities are to be confirmed.
- 2 Citations from State of General Assemble
- Parent Leadership Training Institute Certification
- Life Coaching Institute Certification
- HIV Aides Certification
- Masters Christian Counseling
- PhD Religious Philosophy
- Origination Dreaming Room Michael E. Gerber Certification
- Cornell University Family Service Workers Certification
- Featured in Entrepreneurial Magazine
- Featured in the local newspapers numerous times
- Guest on numerous Radio Shows and Podcasts
- Host of A New Day: Your Guide To Personal Development (15 year TV Show)
- Host on A New Day Radio Show & Podcast Since 2009
- TV/DynamicDaphne since 2015
- Guest on numerous local TV shows
Where is your business based?
New Milford, Connecticut, United States.
What were the first few steps you took to get your business up and running?
Got my business name and registered with the state, then I got my EIN, after that I got certified with Carlson Learning Institute. I started doing my business only on the weekend at first for about two years.
What has been the most effective way of raising awareness of your business and getting new customers?
Allow me be vulnerable for a moment while I give some real talk. It has not been easy getting new clients. I spent years offering my services and working in a community (which shall remain nameless for this interview) who thought that they were entitled to my services. It has been challenging getting new clients as well as getting the word out. I listed things that I have used to create awareness:
- Social Media
- Word of Mouth
- Speaking Promo at Service Organizations
- Guest Blogging
What have been your biggest challenges so far?
- Getting committed team members
- Not having the systems to drive revenue in my business
- Not having enough capital to run my business
- Getting the right people to collaborate with
How did you overcome these challenges?
Working with different coaches, mentors and experts. Still in the process of working on some of the issues, it is all a process.
How do you keep motivated through difficult times?
- Journal often
- Live a life of gratitude
- Take quiet time
- Read inspirational books, watch DVDs, and listen to CDs
- Set new and positive intentions daily
- Listen to up-beat music
- Get affirmation
- Take full advantage of the present
- Regularly look at how far I have come
- Laugh a lot… just by myself, not at jokes or humor. I just burst out laughing – it brings your energy to such high level, past your wildest imagination!
How do you distinguish yourself from your competitors?
I focus and concentrate on my authenticity and uniqueness and give great value to my clients every time. I use my story to inspire and connect with my clients so I can meet their greatest needs and enhance their lives.
What is the best advice you have received recently?
That I am an extremely effective and authentic broadcaster and that I need to train people to do what I do.
What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
- Follow your heart at all times
- Focus on your AUTHENTICITY because then you will not have to be concerned about what others are doing – just do you all the way!
- Write things down
- Be true to yourself
- Take quiet time to reflect
- Take time for yourself to have fun
- Believe in what are you doing
- Learn how to work smart
- Everything you do, give it 100%
- Learn to trust someone
- Read a lot
- Set an annual budget for your personal development investment
- Ask for help, don’t go at it alone
- Know your “STORY” and use it at every opportunity
What is your favorite business tool or resource?
Facebook, LinkedIn, Periscope, and aWeber.
What social media outlets do you use? List them below.
Facebook Group www.facebook.com/groups/AthenticFlightPlan
Hashtags #TurnAroundDIVA #entrepreneurblogger #womensupportingwomen
What is a good article or book you have read recently?
“Money Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps To Financial Freedom” by Tony Robbins.
What are you currently learning about for your business or looking for help with?
- Building systems which will allow me to teach others what I do so well
- Starting to offer Home Study Courses so clients can learn and work at their own pace
- Doing more collaborations
- Securing Joint Venture Partnerships
- Offering more webinars
- Building affiliate platforms
- Creating a POWERFUL support team for my brand
- Need help in converting my social media communities into clients
What are your goals for the next few months and how are you striving to achieve them?
- Publish my 8th and 9th book, which I am currently working on
- Start planning my speaking tour in different cities
- Launch my signature program
- Do my weekly webinars for my community
- Develop a membership site for my community
- Plan my fall retreat
Daily Entrepreneur Resources
Subscribe and stay connected with our network of female entrepreneurs!