Making money online is easier than most bloggers think. This post isn’t exclusively for bloggers, but if you’re a blogger, you’ll make money faster simply because you’re more versed in the online world.
I’m going to elaborate on exactly how to make money from the 8 ways I have listed.
- Website Tester
- English Tutor
- Affiliate Marketer
- Email Marketer
- E-Course Author
- Internet Researcher
I’ll also talk about;
- Average earnings
- What companies will hire and pay you
- Best practices to ensure you make good money
1. WEBSITE TESTER
You can earn up to $100/hour by simply testing out websites! Each test is different but in general, you will be testing the site to figure out if there is an issue with the pages, links, load times etc.
The first few you do may be a little rough, but once you start learning the systems and how to test them efficiently, you can start earning predictable money… in your spare time!
10 website testing companies
- User Testing – $10-15 for 20 minutes
- Respondent – $40 for 20 minutes, $100 for 60 minutes (project based)
- Userbrain – $3 per test that lasts anywhere from 5-15 minutes
- Testing Time – Up to $50 per test that lasts 30-90 minutes
- TryMyUI – $10 for 15-20 minutes
- Userfeel – $10 per test
- Userlytics – $10 per test
- UserZoom – $10-15 per test that lasts anywhere from 10-20 minutes
- Validately – $5 for 5 minutes
- WhatUsersDo – $12 for 20 minutes
How to ensure you make good money?
- Sign up for as many sites as possible so you can figure out which suits your style the best.
- Be sure to take the practice and sample test. Most companies won’t send you paid opportunities until after you pass it.
- Always turn in your best work. Companies rate their testers and those with higher scores tend to get higher paying gigs.
2. ENGLISH TUTOR
If you are a blogger that blogs in English, you are qualified! Why? As bloggers, writing and educating others is our expertise, which makes us the ideal hire. Of course, having a teaching background and majoring in education helps too. 😉
3 online English tutor companies
- VipKid – $14/22 per hour depending on experience.
- HAWO – $18 for a 45-minute lesson.
- Education First – $12-19/hour per project.
How to ensure you get hired?
- Right after you send in your application, schedule your video interview ASAP. This is how most of the companies evaluate the quality of the candidate.
If you are a blogger, you proofread your own content all the time. When you’re reading other people’s content, you may proofread them automatically in your head. So why not get paid to do so?
9 companies that hire proofreaders
- American Journal Experts
- Scribe Writing
- Proofreading Services
How to ensure you get hired?
Different companies have different requirements and payment, but make sure you’re constantly improving your grammar game by downloading this free grammar tool – this tool has saved me countless times from embarrassing mistakes!
4. AFFILIATE MARKETER
When it comes to passive income, affiliate marketing DOMINATES the market. All you need to do is simply sign up for affiliate programs, find companies you want to promote, paste your affiliate link into relevant blog posts (and/or social media posts) and watch the commissions start rolling in!
Some companies pay per lead, others pay per sale. For example, Tailwind pays $.50 per lead and $2.25 per sale. Therefore, it’s one of the simplest ways to earn extra as a blogger because you don’t have to do anything but paste links in your posts!
Learn everything about affiliate marketing in this cheap course taught by this 6-figure blogger that built her empire on affiliate marketing.
5 top affiliate marketing companies
- ShareASale – Best for beginners, easiest software to navigate.
- MaxBounty – You get an affiliate manager that keeps you up to date on the best promotions out there.
- AWin – The more well-known and bigger companies are located on this platform, you have to pay $5 to get in, but you get that money back after you make your first sale.
- Amazon – While every product you may want to promote is probably on Amazon, their commission rates are REALLY LOW. It’s good to have an account with them but promote products/services with 30% or higher commission rates to ensure a good payout.
How to ensure you make good money?
- Join as many affiliate marketing companies as possible to find out which one you like the best. Every company has different advertisers that work best with different niches. My personal favorite is ShareASale.
- Write your blog posts around your affiliate links. For example, if you blog about health, find products and services around health such as Just Nutritive products. Then write a blog post about it and insert your link(s).
- Promote your blog posts like crazy to relevant audiences who will actually enjoy reading your content.
- To succeed as an affiliate marketing, everything you do should revolve around RELEVANCY.
As a blogger, you’re already on your way to becoming an influencer (if you aren’t already). However, there are bloggers with massive audiences who aren’t tapping into their influencer potential… simply because they don’t know how to monetize their following.
This includes the people who have a few thousand followers that don’t believe they can get paid by brands. I started making money as an influencer when I had just 6K Instagram followers.
I reveal exactly how I did it and how you can do it too in my course: Courses.LadyBossBlogger.com (once you’ve completed the course, you can get your affiliate link from me and start earning from my course too)!
7 influencer marketing companies
- BlogDash – They connected me to my first paid blogging promotion client.
- Blog Meets Brand – Second brand to connect me to more paid content.
- ValuedVoice – The most consistent paid blogging revenue stream.
- Social Native – The first influencer campaign I ever made money with, $100 for 1 tweet from Intel!
- Intellifluence – Have gotten both blogging and influencer opportunities on here, also got interviewed by them!
- Real Clever – Top brands are on here, such as Tylenol, that I did a few influencer campaigns for.
- Activate – Has lots of food brands and food-related promotions.
How to ensure you make good money?
- Most platforms have only a few blogging/influencer opportunities at once, therefore it’s good to sign up for as many of them as possible to ensure there is a campaign that fits your niche. Also, different companies work differently, so figure out which ones you like to work with the best!
6. EMAIL MARKETER
If you have an email list, you’re 10x more powerful than the average blogger and will get paid as such by simply promoting company’s products and services to your email list.
2 ways to promote companies via your list
- Connect with brands on influencer marketing platforms – get paid upfront for an email blast.
- Becoming a brand’s affiliate through affiliate marketing platforms – create your own campaigns to send to your list and earn commissions from your conversions.
However, most people don’t have huge email lists, therefore, it’s time to start one. Click on the one (or two) webinars below that correspond to the stage you are at right now.
4 essential email marketing webinars
List Building – Beginner
- The 3 things creators do to grow the right email list + earn a living online
- An actionable list building plan you can start implementing today
- A step-by-step tutorial to get your list building system set up in 24 hours
Earn Your First Dollar – Beginner
- An exact framework to turn your passion into an online business
- How to create a simple product to make your first dollar online
- How to get your first 100 email subscribers so you can launch your first product
Email Copywriting – Intermediate/Advanced
- How to write emails that make people want to read + buy
- 10 ideas for what to write, inspired by creators making a full time living online
- A step-by-step tutorial to get your email writing system set up in 24 hours
Sales Funnels – Intermediate/Advanced
- How to get the right leads on your email list
- A simple three-email sales template inspired by creators earning a full time living online
- A step-by-step tutorial to get an automated sales funnel up and running in 24 hours
7. E-COURSE AUTHOR
Instead of keeping all your blog posts on your blog, convert the best ones into an eCourse and sell it! Having a course is a great way to showcase your expertise and also a great way to create a product that you can sell over and over again!
2 tools you need to create an online course
- Teachable – The platform that hosts your online course and tracks your sales.
- ConvertKit or Aweber – Email marketing software to sell your course to your audience. Don’t worry if you only have a few people in your list, it will grow (remember to sign up for one of the webinars above to learn how to grow your list properly). Plus, it’s better to have 2 loyal fans than 1,000 randos who are uninterested in what you have to say.
8. INTERNET RESEARCHER
You probably already have the habit of searching the web to find ideas for blog posts, right? There are loads of internet researcher jobs available online… if you know where to look.
5 websites that list internet researcher jobs
How much can you expect to make?
- If you have a degree in research skills in a legal or technical field, you can charge higher rates. However, in general, you can expect about $10/hour.
- Once you have gained some experience, received some positive feedback, and proven yourself, you can increase your rates up to $20/hour+. Some research assistants can make up to $2000 monthly.
Which option out of the 8 do you like the best?
Comment with the one you’re going to try out!
If you liked this post, please pin the image below!
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- The Seaweed Bath Co Purifying Products v.s. Restorative Products - September 17, 2019
- CamHome Olva Security Camera v.s. Blackbox Security Camera - September 5, 2019
- Caroline Tullis Helps Her Readers Be Authentic And Not Compare Themselves To Others - September 4, 2019
- Erin Halper Of The Upside Helps Women Find Success Beyond The 9-5 - September 4, 2019
- Alyssa Tabit Helps Millennial Women Become The Best Version Of Themselves - September 3, 2019