Logos are the very first thing that a customer, reader, viewer will base their impressions of your brand off of.
Sounds like a pretty big deal, right? Right.
This is why it is SO IMPORTANT to make sure your logo encompasses the identity of your brand.
How To Create A Great Logo Design
1. Design Evo
DesignEvo is a website that has 7000+ templates that can be found and customized to your specific liking. They also have a variety of professionally created fonts and icons that can bring personality to any logo. On top of being a free-to-use platform, DesignEvo can be used and saved almost anywhere.
- To get started, click the “Make a Free Logo” button on their homepage.
- Here you’ll see a list of their categories on the left as well as a search bar for more specific options.
- Once you’ve clicked on a category, a variety of logos will appear on the right side of the page. You can scroll through these and click on any that trip-your-trigger.
- Once you’ve chosen one (which you can always un-choose should you find a more appealing one) you’ll be prompted to add your company name and slogan.
- This will bring you to the customizing page where you can do about anything to the logo in order to make it all yours. You can change fonts, icons, shapes, and backgrounds.
- Once you’ve finished your masterpiece, you simply press the download button in the upper right-hand corner and you will be brought to the payment page.
- Here you’ll get to choose from either their free download option or their paid options which come with some upgrades.
99Designs is a website that offers 2 great ways to develop your perfect logo. One of these is by working 1:1 with a designer to create your desired outcome and the second is by creating a contest involving the work of many different designers. (You can even become a designer for them if this is of interest to you!)
- On the main page, you’ll see a “Get Started” button. Click this to see a variety of different packages they provide depending on what you are needing.
- Under “Logo & Identity” you will be able to choose one of these packages – the “Logo design” option (towards the bottom of the page) will be the least expensive and simplest package.
- You’ll be prompted to Start a Contest once you’ve chosen a package.
- From here you’ll go through a series of questions and options to better help your designers create your desired look.
- After filling out the design portion, you’ll then be asked for some personal information and more in-detail questions about your wants. (You can even add your own images or sketches for more information!)
- You’ll go through some last minute pricing and timing questions, create an account and you’ll be all set to get your contest going!
This platform is great for providing the utmost personalization to your logo or brand identity.
Design contest is a site that collaborates with designers in order to give you a logo design tailored to your wants and needs and allows you to create a contest in which you rate each new logo based upon what you do and don’t like with a specific design.
- On the main page you’ll see a “Start a contest” button.
- Once you click this, you’ll be brought to a page asking you to choose what you’re wanting to be designed.
- Under “Corporate Identity,” you’ll see the top option is “Logo Design”.
- This will bring you to a page where you’ll enter all of your specifications for your logo including your name, description, and the design and feel of your brand.
- Once you add in these details, you’ll be brought to the “Packaging” page which gives you a rundown of the best price options for your given criteria.
- You’ll select one of these price packages and it will give you options for additional upgrades to your purchase below.
- Lastly, on this page, you’ll choose the duration of your contest, ranging between 1 and 14 days.
- Once you’re set to go, you’ll press the “Next” button and it will have you log onto/create an account.
- You’ll then be prompted to check out; once you’ve made your payment you will be all set to start receiving designs from professional graphic designers!
Once your contest has begun, you will actually be able to see your logos all in one location after just a few hours. Here you will be able to rate, delete, and add comments to each design in order to guarantee you get the best logo for your brand.
If you’re looking for a more detailed example of how this program works, you can do a quick run-through of their demo to see how to use the platform in the best ways for you.
Canva is an amazing tool for creating logos, but they also have thousands of templates for creating everything from blog graphics to birthday invites to worksheets. This a great platforms for those of us who need to create our own graphics, but don’t necessarily have a background in graphic design software.
- Unlike the others, Canva will have you sign up prior to beginning. On the main page, depending on your business, you can click which description best describes you (education, small business, large company, etc.)
- Once you’ve created an account, they will ask you to choose a description of what you do. (This may be blogging for most, but there are tons of options to choose from).
- You’ll then be asked what it is you are wanting to create – you can choose from a poster, a resume, a banner, an invitation, etc. but for the purpose of this post, go ahead and click on “Logo.”
- You’ll then pick the type of logo you’re going after and then be brought to your designing page and walked through some of the features within.
- The left-hand sidebar provides you with all sorts of settings and add-ins to perfect your piece.
- Play around with the different features until you get the hang of it. Once you’re set, you can begin to create your awesome logo!
- Once you’ve created the perfect logo, you can download your image in a variety of formats by clicking “Download” in the upper right-hand corner.
All of these platforms offer design help far beyond logos, check out the endless possibilities each have to offer in order to create the best brand identity for you!
I hope these tips and tricks pair you with the logo of your dreams! Remember, your brand is all you, so make sure that you have a little fun with your brand image!
Fran Kolars is a blogging intern for LadyBossBlogger. She is currently working towards her bachelor’s degree in Retail Merchandising and Interior Design at the University of Minnesota. Blogging is an interest of hers that was sparked by her passion for mental health, self-care, and motivation for women.