What you’ll learn in this interview:
- 4 amazing business productivity tools
- 3 books that will change your perspective on business
- 2 pieces of incredible advice for new entrepreneurs
- 4 step beauty routine
- 1 incredible female entrepreneur that you need to know
How This Communications Strategist Runs Her Business Behind The Scenes
1. What do you do? Who do you help?
I am a communications strategist. I use public relations and marketing strategies to help businesses build and sustain the accurate perception to succeed and grow.
2. List your favorite business tools.
- iPhone Note App – helps me keep track of our business action points from meetings.
- Asana – to stay updated on all our various projects especially when they are running concurrently.
- Wave – easy to use mobile accounting and invoicing tool.
- WhatsApp – helps me keep in touch with my team round the clock and for quick delegations.
3. What is a good course, website or book you would recommend and why?
- How To Win Friends And Influence People – Dale Carnegie: super glad I read this book in the first month of my startup in 2017 and it changed my life for good, I still go back to it, for almost every advice you will need in relating and connecting with people within and outside your business and how to win those relationships.
- Sh#t your Ego Says – James McCrae: started this year 2019 with this book and it changed my perspective completely on ego and higher self. As an entrepreneur, you have to be in a state of continuous creativity. Little set-backs or failures sometimes shrink us, hurt our egos and distort our creativity but this book helped me understand that creativity and imagination are already in our DNA and we just need to stop trying to be and simply be it.
- How Successful People Win – Ben Stein: helped me master and align my attitude & mindset for winning daily.
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received?
There is always room for improvement, you have to constantly stretch your mind and ask yourself “how can I do this better than the last time”. Envisage future trends and how it will impact what you currently do. In other words, we must always create room to grow.
5. What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
Stay focused on your why – the soul of your business. Your business has a purpose, as you get along, there will be things, people, comments, suggestions that may try to tell you something contrary, be flexible but stay true to why you started.
6. What is your beauty and/or fitness routine?
Daily 4-Step Facial Routine with Clarins
- Clarins gentle foaming cleanser & one step gentle exfoliating cleanser
- Clarins toning lotion
- Clarins multi-active day cream
- Clarins double serum complete age control concentrate with turmeric
Topped with an occasional Foundation, Liner, and Lipstick
- Estee Lauder Double Wear, Stay-In-Place Foundation & Powder (occasionally)
- Mac lipstick – love how the brand sticks all day, works for my schedule
After work, I do aerobics and moderate weight lifts at the gym 5 times weekly Mondays to Thursdays and Saturdays. I break on Fridays and Sundays.
7. List the products or items that are indispensable in your life.
- My Apple Watch – best personal assistant; acts as a reminder on key tasks, prevents me from missing important calls and messages as I tend to stay far away from my phone during work hours and my phone is permanently on vibration only.
- My wallet – houses my business cards and money card as I tend to move around cashless.
- Hand lotion and mini refillable perfume pump bottle – because next to the face, the hands and scent have to be taken care off at all times.
8. Which female entrepreneur(s) do you look up to and why?
There quite a number of female entrepreneurs I have come to admire but one of the ones I look up to is Mrs. Ibukun Awosika, Nigerian Businesswoman, Speaker and Chairman Board of First Bank Nigeria amongst other local and international boards.
She has broken many limitations placed on female entrepreneurs in the African Society and has attained global relevance and influence, she makes entrepreneurship look like a “walk in the park”.
However, you can see clearly that she’s done all that with discipline, consistency, continuous growth, humility and many other fine qualities which helps one succeed greatly. She’s the only one I have a “post notification” on for on Instagram.
9. List the social media platforms you use.
- Instagram @phyllionimc, @temibekwe
- Twitter @phyllionimc
- Facebook @phyllionimc, @temibekwe
- Website www.phyllion.com
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hashtags #phyllionimc #techpr
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- Natalie Young Documents The Process Of Creating Side Hustles Through Social Media - June 30, 2019
- How To Maximize The Benefits Of Printed Marketing Materials - June 26, 2019
- Anya Overmann Creates Strategic Content For Small Businesses - June 18, 2019
- Emma Norris Helps Businesses And Bloggers Generate Quality Leads - June 7, 2019
- 10 Traits Successful Bloggers Have - May 30, 2019