Tammy Moore “The Diamond Diva” is the only African American shareholder of Diamond Residential Mortgage and owner of Tammy P. Moore & Associates.
She is a licensed mortgage originator in 10 states. She is a credit repair specialist, conducts seminars and personal coaching sessions to assist her clients with homeownership, credit and financial planning.
What motivated and inspired you to start your own business?
I realized that God had blessed me with a gift meant to share with the world. I was my first student! I went through a divorce years ago and was forced to file bankruptcy and had a home that almost went into foreclosure.
I did not reach out to a credit repair company to help me with my credit, I worked on my credit on my own. I read, researched and gained a wealth of knowledge. I witnessed my credit and my current husband’s credit go from the low 500’s to over 800.
From that experience, I promised myself that I would try to help as many people as I could to improve their finances, net worth, credit scores and achieve the dream of homeownership! We (my husband and I, along with countless others) are the proof in the pudding that my system works!
Throughout the years I have encountered many clients who had given up on the dream of homeownership because of their credit impairments. Instead of turning them away and telling them they don’t qualify for a home, I began to study the credit reporting process and advised them on how to improve their scores.
I also help my clients establish a realistic household budget and how them how to find extra money to pay down their debts to work towards becoming debt free.
Tell us about your business.
I am a licensed Mortgage Loan Originator licensed in 10 states. I am also a Credit Coach, my mission is to educate, empower and encourage individuals, couples’ families and organizations throughout the world to take control of their credit, finances and household budget, so they can experience financial freedom and peace of mind.
Are you currently running any promos/contests/giveaways that you would like our readers to know about?
I conduct seminars throughout the country.
- If I am in your area and you mention this article I will give you a complimentary ticket to attend.
- If you obtain a home loan from me I will give you a $500 credit toward your closing cost.
Licensed in (IL, WI, GA, IN, MI, CO, TX, FL, MO and KY).
- 2002 Winner’s Circle | CTX Mortgage Company 75 Units ($9,218,939)
- 2003 President’s Circle Award | CTX Mortgage Company 166 unit ($23,732,155)
- 2004 Excellence Award Excellence Award | First Magnus Financial Corporation
- 2005 Platinum Circle Award Charter Funding Midwest District in recognition of outstanding performance
- 2006 Premium One Award Option One Mortgage outstanding achievement
- 2006 Platinum Circle Award Charter Funding Midwest District Top Volume
- 2006 Top Branch Recognition First Place Individual Branch | Charter Funding
- 2006 Top Closed Volume Individual Branch | Charter Funding
- 2006 Power Elite Branch Manager Production | First Magnus National Retail Division $85,000,000
- 2011 Partnership of Excellence Award | Community Action Partnership of Lake County
- 2012 Bronze Award | Diamond Residential Mortgage Corporation – in recognition of outstanding 2012 Exceptional Customer Service Loan Production Excellence Loan Quality
- 2013 Most Influential African American of Lake County Award | People’s Voice
- 2013 Bronze Award | Diamond Residential Mortgage Corporation – in recognition of Outstanding 2013 Loan Production Excellence, Exceptional Customer Service, Logan Quality
- 2015 Bronze Award | Diamond Residential Mortgage Corporation – in recognition of outstanding 2015 loan production Excellence, Exceptional Customer Service, Loan Quality.
- 2016 Outstanding Leadership Award | Diamond Residential Mortgage Corporation – presented to Tammy P. Moore, Division President “One-of-a-kind-boss”
Treasurer of First Corinthian M. B. Church, North Chicago, IL where I facilitated the payoff of a $1.6 million-dollar mortgage 10-year early.
Only African American Shareholder of Diamond Residential Mortgage Corporation.
Where is your business based?
My office is in Waukegan, IL. I also have offices in Decatur, GA and Fayetteville, GA.
What were the first few steps you took to get your business up and running?
I researched the industry and created a business plan. I wanted to make sure I set up my business to be extraordinary and not just ordinary to ensure we exceeded our customer’s expectations.
What has been the most effective way of raising awareness of your business and getting new customers?
I created videos explaining the loan process and how to improve your credit scores. I also promoted my business on social media (Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube specifically) and conducted free educational seminars.
What have been your biggest challenges so far?
Finding my place in a male-dominated industry was an obstacle initially, but I made it my stepping stone. Earning the trust of my partners and clients was also a challenge.
How did you overcome these challenges?
Confidentially is everything when you’re dealing with credit and finances. I worked to prove that my black-owned business has something valuable to offer and 17 years later, I am a trusted advisor!
How do you keep motivated through difficult times?
I am a woman of great faith and I remind myself that my goal is to please God. This allows me to stay focused and motivated to finish the great work God has started in me!
How do you distinguish yourself from your competitors?
- I practice what I teach.
- I take each customer’s situation personal.
- I treat each customer loan as if it’s my only one.
- I never give up on my customers.
- I don’t care if it takes 4 years to improve their credit if they’re committed to change so am I!
What is the best advice you have received recently?
You were not born to fit in you were born to stand out and allow your gifts to make room for you! I received that in Jesus name!
What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
Find your passion first and then you can pursue your passion. We wander around for years chasing money. It will come if you love what you do and discover your purpose!
With that passion, you must have a clear vision. A vision of where you want to go, how you plan to get there and develop a team that wants to see you win!
What are your favorite business tools/resources and why?
I am always reading motivational books and watching inspirational videos to try to learn something new every day. I also subscribe to the Mortgage Market Guide so I am abreast of the industry changes.
What is a good article or book you have read recently?
Soar!: Build Your Vision from the Ground Up by T. D. Jakes.
What are you currently learning about for your business or looking for help with?
- New Construction Lending in Georgia.
- Gaining new customers and partners in all 10 states.
What are your goals for the next few months and how are you striving to achieve them?
My goal for the next few months is to schedule or be invited to conduct Credit/Mortgage/Financial seminars in each of the states I’m licensed in.
I would also like to connect and establish relationships with realtors in each of the 10 states and increase my mortgage production.
I would like to be invited to at least 6 events as a Motivational Speaker this year.
Finally, I plan to write a book about achieving financial freedom and reaching your full potential!
What social media outlets do you use? List them below.
Facebook Group www.facebook.com/tammypmooreNMLS232881
Hashtags #tammypmoore #iteachstyle #mortage&creditcoach
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- Angela Ficken Specializes In Working With OCD, Eating Disorders, And Anxiety-Related Concerns - December 5, 2019
- 21 Best Black Friday And Cyber Monday Deals For Online Business Owners - November 29, 2019
- Sianna Elise Honors African Style Through Her Clothing Brand - November 26, 2019
- Jessica Hilderbrand-Marshall Takes Care Of All Your Graphic Design And Marketing Needs - November 24, 2019
- Brooke Allison Helps Ambitious Entrepreneurs Scale Their 6 Figure Businesses - November 19, 2019