What you’ll learn in this interview:
- How mobile games are becoming the new form of go-to entertainment
- How women are changing a multi-billion mobile game industry
- How one woman is making a difference by making mobile games for and by women
- How mobile games are becoming more social
- How mobile games can now help you relax and de-stress
1. What do you do? Who do you help?
I am the Founder & CEO of Fort Mason Games. I am passionate about mobile games and the industry. I believe that mobile games not only offer fun and entertainment, but also the opportunity to relax and destress. Mobile games are becoming the new go-to form of entertainment for Americans.
65% of women play mobile games, yet most think games are not designed for them. We are on a mission to change that. While our games are built for everyone, we want to help women relax and de-stress through games. We are doing this be making mobile games that are more social, relaxing, respectful of women, and fun. We all need less stress in our lives!
2. List your favorite business tools.
- Facebook – we find it to be a great way to reach new users and let them know about our games.
- MailChimp – I love how simple and quick it is to create communication and marketing campaigns.
- Amazon Web Services – has a vast variety of tools that I count on every day.
- Adobe Suite – I love flexing my creative muscles with the various Adobe suite platforms like Photoshop.
- QuickBooks – makes it very easy to keep track of the company’s expensive in a fast and efficient way. I know my accounting needs are in good hands.
3. What is a good course, website or book you would recommend and why?
- Coursera – they offer an incredible variety of classes taught by world-class institutions and professors. As a lifelong learner, I enjoy browsing their latest offerings and choosing courses to feed my desire to learn.
- Pocketgamer – an industry publication for the latest in the gaming community on mobile
- WallStreetJournal – an excellent source of business needs
- NPR.org – I am a big fan of their cultural pieces and objective reporting on the latest news.
- VentureBeat – a great source of high tech news
- Science Daily – they provide the latest in science news and research
- Wired – a great source for news, trends, and stories for computer scientists
- The Defining Decade: Why Your Twenties Matter And How to Make the Most of Them Now – by Meg Jay discusses how to utilize your years right out of college to set the tone for the rest of your professional career. It’s a must-read for any recent college graduate.
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received?
- “You’d worry less about what people think about you if you knew how seldom they do.” -David Foster Wallace
- Figure out what you love to do, and then figure out how to get someone to pay you to do it.
5. What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
- Do what you love.
- You are never too old or too young to do anything.
- Experiment constantly. Look for ways to improve every part of your business.
- Take time for self-care.
6. What is your beauty and/or fitness routine?
- Routine facial cleansing routine that consists of washing, toning and moisturizing.
- MAC Mineralize foundation in a light shade evens out my skin tone.
- MAC Pro Longwear waterproof brow set gives me just a bit darker brow to make my eyes stand out more.
- Lancome Juicy Tubes Lip gloss smells great and keeps my lips from getting dry especially in the winter!
- MAC cosmetics blush is compact and has nice shades.
- Black Mascara – various brands. I like to experiment with different brands to find those that are the most gentle but build out lash volume.
- Join a spin class at least once a week. I really enjoy Flywheel. The metrics-driven approach keeps me engaged and accountable every week.
7. List the products or items that are indispensable in your life.
8. Which female entrepreneur(s) do you look up to and why?
Sheryl Sandberg because she has helped make Facebook the biggest marketing platform on the planet.
9. List your social media platforms.
- Facebook @luckyscratchapp, @ConfettiSlots
- Instagram @luckyscratchapp, @confetticasino
- Twitter @ConfettiCasino
- LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/fortmasongames
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- The Seaweed Bath Co Purifying Products v.s. Restorative Products - September 17, 2019
- CamHome Olva Security Camera v.s. Blackbox Security Camera - September 5, 2019
- Caroline Tullis Helps Her Readers Be Authentic And Not Compare Themselves To Others - September 4, 2019
- Erin Halper Of The Upside Helps Women Find Success Beyond The 9-5 - September 4, 2019
- Alyssa Tabit Helps Millennial Women Become The Best Version Of Themselves - September 3, 2019