What you’ll learn in this interview:
- How to make the most out of your email marketing
- How to feel fabulous on a busy morning, even if you don’t necessarily look the part
- Tips for up and coming entrepreneurs and how to make the most out of your time
- Beauty tips that don’t come from a bottle
- Advice on why to “put yourself out there” on social media
How These Sister Bosses Run Their Leather Earring Business Behind The Scenes
1. What do you do? Who do you help?
We (sister team Amber and Sienna) have been designing and creating leather accessories for the last four years with the hope of helping women find the confidence and joy in their unique beauty by completing that perfect outfit with the perfect finishing touch, Lavish Leathers.
2. List your favorite business tools.
- SmarterQueue – To save on time posting to your multiple social media sites every day, find a post scheduling app to make it more efficient!
- ConvertKit – Use resources that are already available to you, for instance, most website builder sites offer email marketing and it’s usually already part of an e-commerce plan. Godaddy has visually appealing templates ready for you, super easy and professional.
- Square POS – This . is wonderful, it will generate tax documents for you, run payroll, track inventory and so much more!
- A great CPA is worth it, find one and trust them.
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received?
- Go for it, don’t let the fear of the unknown hold you back.
- Put yourself out there, post pictures of yourself, let customers feel a personal connection to you.
5. What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
- Don’t be afraid to take the first steps to what it is you are wanting to do.
- Follow your gut, you know what you want, don’t let others tell you how to be you or your brand.
- Don’t be afraid to say no, if your plate is full or it’s not the direction you want your business to go feel confident in saying no.
- Always strive to be authentic and unique in your field. Be genuine!
- Give back where you can, it may be the most rewarding thing you do.
6. What is your beauty and/or fitness routine?
- Smile and laugh, it’s the best beauty routine there is.
- Comfort, being uncomfortable shows through, be you not what you think others want you to be.
- Accessorize with something that will add to your beauty not overpower it.
7. List the products or items that are indispensable in your life.
- Mascara… it’s a must for both of us!
- Dry Shampoo, life gets crazy with running a business and kids at home, a girl can’t wash her hair every day!
- Our Lavish Leathers, our day isn’t complete without rocking a pair!
8. Which female entrepreneur(s) do you look up to and why?
- Makeup Junkie Bags creator Meredith Jurica, she started a business from home and is now running a massive brand all within a short amount of time.
- QueenFriday Photography, Regina Collier. She went from a corporate job to living her dream of being a professional photographer. We’re lucky that she shares her talents with us as our primary product photographer.
- New Zealand’s Magnolia Kitchen’s creator and talented baker Bernadette Gee. She delivers truth in her daily life all while being very raw and hilarious.
9. List your social media platforms.
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- Jennie Fahn Uses Humor And Relatability To Help People - May 15, 2019
- Michelle Fee Helps Globetrotters Live Out Their Travel Dreams - May 13, 2019
- Beth Kennedy Helps People Recharge Their Careers - May 11, 2019
- Temi Ibekwe Helps Businesses Build And Sustain Success Driven Perception In Their Markets - May 10, 2019
- Hailey Robertson Designs Powerful Brands And Websites For Small Business Owners - May 7, 2019