One of the most popular types of social media posts is collaborations, and they’re surprisingly easy to make.
All you need is another influencer and a passion to create new content, and you’re set!
These are 5 reasons why it’s important to work with other influencers.
1. Exposure To Their Followers
It’s super important to work with other influencers in order to gain followers online. When you are featured on someone else’s page, as they are featured on yours, you both gain exposure to each other’s audiences. This will gain both of you a bigger audience.
2. Better Content
Oftentimes, creating content with someone else results in better content because:
- It’s easier to bounce back and forth off of another person with conversation in video content, which is more interesting to watch.
- For Instagram and blog content, it’s refreshing to hear a different opinion and see a new face.
- 2 ideas are always better than 1.
3. New Friendships
It’s hard to create friendships in the online space, even with technology like Zoom. Collabs are a great way to build relationships, especially relationships in which both people have similar interests! Since both of you are influencers in the same niche, you already have so much in common!
4. It’s Simple
Unlike collaborating with brands, collaborating with others doesn’t require a contract. If you ever collaborate with brands – click here for a great contract reference. It still is a great way to get new engagements without all the legal details, which makes it even simpler!
5. Boosts Engagement
In general, collaborative posts get more engagement than normal posts. Typically, this is because:
- Your partner’s audience will also view your posts.
- Your normal viewers will be more interested as they are seeing a new face.
Additional articles you might be interested in:
- 7 Ways To Gain More Instagram Followers This Week
- 50 Ideas On What To Post On Instagram
- 13 Ways To Increase Your Instagram Engagement
- How To Avoid Conflict With Other Influencers In Your Niche
- How To Pitch A Collaboration With Brands
Lily Scott is a blogging intern at LadyBossBlogger. She currently attends LIM College in New York City and is studying the business of fashion and visuals for social media.