We’re exposed to countless advertisements on the daily, and let’s be honest – sometimes they get frustrating. Banners popping up on websites, waiting to click “Skip Ad” for nearly every YouTube video, commercial snippets interrupting our Snapchat stories… Yeah, you could say it get tedious after a while.
But why would brands and businesses be using ads if they weren’t effective? Well, because they work! Even though many times we skip through them, every once in a while, we click on those banners and swipe up on Snap ads when we see a product we like.
You’ve most likely seen the same advertisements from big-name brands and businesses across numerous modes of communication, such as:
- Internet/social media
- Direct mail
- Outdoor displays (e.g., billboards)
If some of the most popular brands are covering more than one channel, then shouldn’t you be too? Let’s talk about why your campaign should be on multiple advertising mediums.
1. It builds credibility & trust
Businesses can build trust with their consumer base by promoting across several platforms. It’s effective because the consumer is engaged at multiple touchpoints. Consumers go through the following stages while choosing to make a purchase:
- The consumer becomes aware of the brand
- They consider how the brand could meet their needs
- A preference for a brand and/or product forms
The process ends when the buyer purchases the product and then may be a returning customer. Advertising on multiple channels reminds the consumer of your business at each stage of the buying process.
More and more buyers will start to recognize, trust, and turn to your brand to get what they need when you become established with many audiences.
2. Different mediums give different results
You’ll want to familiarize yourself with the multiple advertising mediums that are available in your area and the influence that they have.
- Direct mail is personalized and sent to each potential patron
- Television evokes the most emotional reaction
- Radio ads can capture a listener’s attention
- Outdoor ads are commonly used for simpler messages
- Newspaper advertisements are usually read less than magazines but are the most cost efficient
3. Increased brand awareness (& sales)
The number one reason to target customers on more than one medium is that you’ll reach a much wider audience. Not everyone listens to the radio, logs on Facebook, or pays mind to a billboard. However, if you were to advertise with all three mediums, you’d put your brand in front of more consumers.
It only makes sense that with more visibility comes more sales!
Not every channel is going to be relevant to your advertisement, but taking advantage of multiple advertising mediums is a huge factor in the success of your business. Narrow down your options by doing some more in-depth research on different media, and work with what’s best for you.
Additional articles you might be interested in:
- How To Use Social Media Marketing To Promote Your Business
- How To Accelerate Your Online Marketing Campaign With SEO Content
- What Is Influencer Marketing And How Can Marketers Use It Effectively?
- How To Use Influencer Marketing To Grow Your Brand
- 5 Tools To Find The Right Influencer For Your Campaign
- How To Pick The Right Influencers To Market Your Products
- Influencer Campaigns
- Top 4 Programmatic Advertising Tools To Promote Your Brand
- 4 Advertising Techniques To Promote Your Storefront
- 9 Ways Small Businesses Can Save Money On Advertising
Bridget Baltazar is a blogging intern at LadyBossBlogger. She currently attends the University of Iowa and is studying communication studies, human relations, and environmental sustainability.