Australian fashion designer Lena Kasparian is leading the runway with her new take on old hollywood glam. She is reviving the timeless chic era of the 50’s and allowing women of today to feel like they just stepped onto a Hollywood set! Lena is a self-taught business women and entrepreneur with decades of experience in the fine jewelry trade & fashion industry. From designing to creating, she is truly an artist of the modern world.
What motivated and inspired you to start your own business?
The idea of fashion and being creative and making a statement with my designs made me realize I had a raw talent which was obviously my future career.
Tell us about your business.
I am a fashion designer with a wealth of retail experience and decided to start my own label and open my first boutique.
Are you currently running any promos/contests/giveaways that you would like our readers to know about?
We have a huge sale going on now in boutique with up to 70% while stock lasts! Gift vouchers are also available.
- Finalist in Women’s Fashion 2014
- Finalist Outstanding Women’s Fashion Retailer 2015
- Finalist of Business Person of the Year 2015
- Winner of Fashion Retailer 2015
- Certificate of Appreciation by The Australian International Pageants
- Certificate of Charitable Donation by Make a Wish
- Certificate of Donation by 1 Billion and Rising Charity
- Certificate for Recognition by World Wide Branding
- Finalist of Business Person of the Year 2016
- Australian Business Champion Awards for Fashion 2016
- Finalist for Australian Entrepreneur of the Year 2017
- Finalist for Australian Fashion Business 2017
Where is your business based?
What were the first few steps you took to get your business up and running?
Local advertising, social media, and word of mouth.
What has been the most effective way of raising awareness of your business and getting new customers?
Nothing beats word of mouth because it is genuine and free! Happy customers always recommend you when you keep them satisfied with quality products and service. They always come back and send people to you for the same experience.
What have been your biggest challenges so far?
Competition and online retailers who make it hard for the real world stores. The economy of the country obviously affects the way people spend, and because I am a luxury brand, it is not priority.
How did you overcome these challenges?
Have regular sales and drop prices to entice people to come in. I always keep my prices at a reasonable rate. People don’t need to spend too much to have a beautiful gown, but they will definitely look and feel like a million dollars without spending too much – and that is priceless!
How do you keep motivated through difficult times?
I think about my children and the example I want to set for them. Giving up is not an option. We all have our ups and downs in life, but persevering is the key to any successful person. Don’t feel threatened by a bad day because a good day is literally around the corner.
How do you distinguish yourself from your competitors?
I am unique. My sense of style and attitude towards my work is a standout. I don’t focus on what’s happening out there. I do me, and that’s all that matters.
What is the best advice you have received recently?
To keep going and never look back – and I have!
What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
Follow your heart and dream big. Manifesting the life you want will be a reality in no time.
What are your favorite business tools/resources and why?
We can’t have a day without the internet. It keeps me connected with everyone I work with who are all based overseas.
What is a good article or book you have read recently?
I am in the middle of reading the #GIRLBOSS. I can relate to her.
What are you currently learning about for your business or looking for help with?
As social media has become a priority in life these days, it is important to stay on top and keep up to date with new trends and sites. I would like to have a save team who can keep my social media fresh.
What are your goals for the next few months and how are you striving to achieve them?
Well, I am working on my first novel and planning on having that released by November. Also, I am working on a new candles collection, which will be available to purchase online and in-store.
What social media outlets do you use? List them below.
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- Angela Ficken Specializes In Working With OCD, Eating Disorders, And Anxiety-Related Concerns - December 5, 2019
- 21 Best Black Friday And Cyber Monday Deals For Online Business Owners - November 29, 2019
- Sianna Elise Honors African Style Through Her Clothing Brand - November 26, 2019
- Jessica Hilderbrand-Marshall Takes Care Of All Your Graphic Design And Marketing Needs - November 24, 2019
- Brooke Allison Helps Ambitious Entrepreneurs Scale Their 6 Figure Businesses - November 19, 2019