Jennifer Logan Creates Performance Driven Teams
As a dynamic speaker, Jennifer Logan is an expert in topics related to negotiation, leadership, achieving goals, being selfless, personal development, being purposeful, staying encouraged, and more. She has extensive experience in grooming leaders to reach their maximum potential. With her skills and expertise, Jennifer designs strategic and individualized plans to help professionals excel in their career.
Jennifer has a lot of experience in handling the HR needs of retail giants like Target, Lowe’s, Sam’s Club and Walmart. She has the skills and ability to help reduce organizational risk by addressing employee performance. With such a high level of expertise in HR, leadership and motivational speaking, forming performance driven teams was easy. As a result, Jennifer founded the company Upward Performance to expand her clientele and help more companies maximize their potential.
What motivated and inspired you to start your own business?
I always fantasied about being a business owner. I went to a college business competition and saw these young adults creating successful businesses and it was exciting. I worked for Sam’s Club and met countless entrepreneurs living out their dreams as a business owner and it was inspiring to see these entrepreneurs doing what they always wanted. Lastly, I became a part of book collaboration late last year. The book was about the being a mom and entrepreneurship – that was my final push to becoming an entrepreneur.
Tell us about your business.
Upward Performance was founded in 2016, and has been providing quality consulting services that strategically drive the HR aspect of the business and personal career coaching results. Collectively, our consulting firm offers an innovative approach to assist clients with maximizing their potential from a collaborative approach.
Our vision is to Empower – Engage – Evolve every client in personal or professional development.
Are you currently running any promos/contests/giveaways that you would like our readers to know about?
- Advertise in Upward Performance Magazine
- ½ page for $5, whole page $10 and two page spread $15 (7+ million viewers)
- Showcase your writing and articles via Upward Performance Magazine
- No charge – One article/blog (7+ million viewers)
- Write a book with me
- Looking for aspiring authors to be a part of a book collaboration
- Book bundle
- Get two autographed books by me for $30 – “Inspiring Mompreneurs and Live Your Best Life: The Time Is Now” (ask me how you can save $5 and it’s free shipping)
- 15 minute discovery call
- Limited spots available
- John Maxwell Speaker, Trainer, Coach and Teacher, 2017
- Leadership Essentials Facilitator, 2016
- Expert Trainer, 2012
- Institute for Applied Management and Law (IAML), Making Employment Workplace Decisions, 2010
- Managing Diversity and Inclusion Facilitator Certification, 2009
- IAML Certification, 2007
- Achieve Global, Certified Leadership Trainer, 2007
- eCornell University, HR Management Certificate, 2007
Where is your business based?
Based in Virginia, but work globally.
What were the first few steps you took to get your business up and running?
The first few step I took was do research with this question in mind, “Did the market need what I was offering?” Then I looked to see if my business name was available and made my business legit and legal.
What has been the most effective way of raising awareness of your business and getting new customers?
Attending conferences, speaking in conferences around the world, networking and advertising.
What have been your biggest challenges so far?
I had to learn how to monetize my services and feel confident in the pricing I offered.
How did you overcome these challenges?
I hired a coach. I invested in myself and learned the aspects of the business I was not comfortable about.
How do you keep motivated through difficult times?
I shifted my thinking. I know hard times are unavoidable. I also know they are temporary. I value every second. Therefore, I evaluate what aspect of the hard times I can control and do something about it. Then I focus on what is good and meditate on that. In addition, I focus on the other tasks and responsibilities that require my attention.
How do you distinguish yourself from your competitors?
I don’t offer false promises. I am authentically a guru at what I do. I have years on top of years of validated experience with major corporations and now I am using my transferable skills to live out my dream as an entrepreneur.
What is the best advice you have received recently?
When people do not give you an opportunity make your own.
What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
- Invest in yourself and your business.
- Find a coach, learn from them and trust yourself.
- Stop waiting and procrastinating.
- Failure is the necessary ingredient for success in anything.
- Know that dreams don’t work unless you put the work in.
- Invest in what you don’t know.
- Collaborate with others.
- The path to success is not always straight.
- Goal + Plan + Execution = Results.
- Be accustomed to being uncomfortable… that is where the magic happens!
What are your favorite business tools/resources and why?
Builderall… It is all in one. I now am an affiliate and can sell it to others – that is how much I believe in it.
What is a good article or book you have read recently?
“Your Best Life Now: 7 Steps to Living at Your Full Potential” by Joel Osteen.
What are your goals for the next few months and how are you striving to achieve them?
I am looking to put on a 3 day conference for entrepreneurs. I am recruiting professionals to speak at my upcoming event.
What social media outlets do you use?
Instagram Business @upwardperformance, Personal @just_4_jenn
Twitter Business @upwardperform, Personal @send2jel
Facebook @upwardperformance, @iamacorporatedropout, @womenleadersrock, @soamplified
Facebook Group @upwardperformance, @iamacorporatedropout, @womenleadersrock
LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/upwardperformance, www.linkedin.com/in/jennlogan
Hashtags #upwardperformance #soamplified #womenleadersrock #iamacorporatedropout