What you’ll learn in this interview:
- The 1 accident she had that changed her perspective on life
- The 1 book she read that helped to find her own brand of happiness
- Her 3-minute, 3 product beauty routine
- Her advice to conquer apathy
How This Professional Women Empowerer Runs Her Business Behind The Scenes
1. What do you do? Who do you help?
Since November 2010 I run my own property management company, King Residential Group, with its seat in Charlotte, North Carolina. For nearly two decades now, I share my real estate passion with clients and partners to achieve goals beyond expectations and build relationships that last.
I have operated in 17 states, was responsible for more than 15,000 housing units in the senior and student housing market and led a team that developed assets valued at over one billion dollars.
But after a life-altering car accident in summer 2018, six surgeries and months of painful recovery, I came to realize that the most valuable lessons in life aren’t taught, they are experienced.
That’s when I started my blog TheShannonKing.com serving the purpose of relentlessly empowering women both professionally and personally. By sharing some of my hard-learned lessons and always finding a reason to celebrate the positive things in life, I want to show others how to overcome obstacles and stay strong every day in every way.
2. List your favorite business tools.
- PLANN – my favorite Instagram planning, scheduling, and analytics app that I’ve used to bring my brand alive and grow my following on Instagram.
- WIX – my all-time favorite website builder I used to create my website with. It both offers many stunning templates and gives you also the option to customize your own. The best part is that no coding skills are needed.
- Get Found on Google – I designed my website through WIX which provides great marketing tools such as this one that allows me to grow visibility on google and get found easier on search engines.
- Email Marketing – WIX also offers a wide range of templates you can pick from that I use to send out beautiful email campaigns.
- Social Posts – I use this tool offered on WIX to customize stunning posts that I can share on social media.
EDITING & CREATION OF CONTENT
- Lightroom – It’s a great tool to edit, organize and store your pictures. If you download it on your mobile device, it is totally free.
- Biteable – This online tool allows you to create beautiful videos for any occasion that engages your audience.
- Canva – In my eyes the fastest and easiest way to design great logos, flyers, posters, etc.
3. What is a good course, website or book you would recommend and why?
- Entrepreneur – an amazing website providing online courses, business insight, and profiles for aspiring entrepreneurs.
- LadyBossBlogger – great and inspiring website for young female entrepreneurs providing advice based on experience.
- Present Over Perfect – this is a great book written by Shauna Niequest providing authentic and candid thoughts on finding your own specific brand of happiness.
- The Art of War for Women – I keep rereading this book because Chin-Ning Chu’s perspective on strength, strategy and success is super interesting and inspiring.
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received?
- Sometimes the best deals you do are the ones that you don’t.
- Trust your gut – ALWAYS!
5. What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
Follow your heart and understand that failure is part of the process. Use it to fall forward, dust yourself off and go kick some ass. With the right amount of courage, passion, perseverance and understanding people’s hopes and dreams, you can do more that grow…
“You Can Conquer!”
6. What is your beauty and/or fitness routine?
My beauty routine is super simple and what I basically do is moisturize, moisturize and moisturize.
- Neutrogena Face Wipes – I love those wipes because they are super soft and leave my skin very clean and fresh looking.
- Water – I always clean my face with water, especially in the mornings because it’s refreshing and wakes me up.
- Estée Lauder Moisturizer – my favorite moisturizer that is super hydrating and gives my skin glow.
I have a treadmill in my basement I used to work out on. But since my car accident, I sit in a wheelchair. So, all I do right now is getting physiotherapy and meditate whenever time allows it.
7. List the products or items that are indispensable in your life.
8. Which female entrepreneur(s) do you look up to and why?
- Elaine Rau founder of LadyBossBlogger (of course) – I absolutely love your creative straightforward and useful content and voice.
- Danielle LaPorte – She is a very spiritual woman, a badass that encourages creativity and planning the life you want specific to your desires.
9. List your social media platforms.
- Instagram @theshannonking, @conquerwithkrg
- Twitter @TheShannonKing
- Facebook @TheShannonKing
- LinkedIn Shannon King
- Website www.theshannonking.com
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hashtags #YouCanConquer #BeBold #BeYou #Fempreneurs
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- Angela Ficken Specializes In Working With OCD, Eating Disorders, And Anxiety-Related Concerns - December 5, 2019
- 21 Best Black Friday And Cyber Monday Deals For Online Business Owners - November 29, 2019
- Sianna Elise Honors African Style Through Her Clothing Brand - November 26, 2019
- Jessica Hilderbrand-Marshall Takes Care Of All Your Graphic Design And Marketing Needs - November 24, 2019
- Brooke Allison Helps Ambitious Entrepreneurs Scale Their 6 Figure Businesses - November 19, 2019