1. One sentence that describes what you do…
I am the CMO at Domain.ME, the company that operates the internet domain “.ME”, a ccTLD of Montenegro. Over the years, my strategic and innovative approach to branding helped position .ME domain in the highly competitive domain industry.
Today .ME domain is perceived as the go-to domain for those who want to make their online presence personal, whether as individuals or businesses.
2. The first thing I do when I wake up is…
It might sound funny, but the very first thing I do when I wake up is make my bed. That was a conscious habit I made during the time in life when I faced difficulties.
The simple act of making my bed held (and it still does) a lot of significance. It meant, for me, that I am willing to be strong and start that day with a clean plate, ready to confront all the challenges. I still do it, years later, and to this day it makes me feel good.
3. The quote I live by is…
Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more.
This is a quote by Nikola Tesla. To me, it speaks of how it is quite alright to have failings and imperfections and that those failings and imperfections make us more who we are than anything else.Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more.Click To Tweet
4. My favorite business tools are…
When it comes to business tools, I’d say it is a nice mix of digital with a hint of traditional. My go-to tools would be:
- A clean sheet of paper to jot my ideas
- Google to do research
- Slack to communicate with people and exchange ideas
- Microsoft Excel to sort things out, especially the budget but also business results.
- Canva to play with design, even though I never publish anything I work on.
5. On my bookshelf, you will find…
On my bookshelf, you will find non-fiction mostly. This includes history and science books like:
- 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus by Charles C. Mann
- Some Assembly Required: Decoding Four Billion Years of Life, from Ancient Fossils to DNA by Neil Shubin
- Human Errors: A Panorama of Our Glitches, from Pointless Bones to Broken Genes by Nathan H. Lents
- When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
- Cutting For Stone by Abraham Verghese
6. Every woman needs to try this at least once…
I’d say every woman needs to summit a mountain once in her life. I discovered mountains and the impact they had on me through some crazy adventures (I talked about them here hikingwith.me). These adventures and getting to know the mountain define who I am today.
7. My favorite beauty brands and items are…
My favorite beauty brands and items would easily be Origins Plantscription.
8. The best piece of advice I’ve ever received was…
Oh, I have a cliche for you, that might be the best piece of advice any of us will receive.
Get out of your comfort zone. It makes you feel brave, accomplished, and successful. And, whatever stage of our lives we are at, we all need to be reminded to venture out of our comfort zone and explore the unknown from time to time.Get out of your comfort zone. It makes you feel brave, accomplished, and successful. And, whatever stage of our lives we are at, we all need to be reminded to venture out of our comfort zone and explore the unknown from time to time.Click To Tweet
9. Daily things you do in your business…
- Developing marketing ideas
- Implementing them
- Adjusting them according to the results