Besides creating killer content, every eCommerce business owner or marketer should put the focus on SEO.
Content won’t be able to do its magic if it isn’t optimized correctly. Just think about.
What is the point of great content if the audience can’t reach it?
You need to get your eCommerce store on that top page of Google and this SEO writing guide will help you do it.
By following these tips, you’ll know what you need to focus on the most and how you should approach the process of creating SEO friendly content.
Here are some additional resources you may find helpful before we get started:
- 6 SEO Tips For Launching An E-Commerce Store
- What Is A Local Citation And Its Benefit To Local SEO
- How To Accelerate Your Online Marketing Campaign With SEO Content
- 10 Most Common SEO Mistakes Entrepreneurs Make
- 5 Things You Need To Know About SEO
- 11 Reasons SEO Is Crucial For Business Growth
- 7 SEO Techniques For Fashion Brands And Blogs
- 5 SEO Tools Every Online Business Owner Should Have
The Best E-Commerce Guide: How To Create SEO Friendly Content
1. Do A Keyword Research
What would SEO be without keywords?
That is why we will start from the very basic step – keyword research.
Keyword research is a crucial part of SEO because you need to find the terms related to your eCommerce that people will insert in search engines.
It is best if you focus on long-tail keywords. Long-tail keywords consist of 4 or more words. Just consider that they account for 70% of all web searches.
Conductor, a New York-based SaaS company, actually performed a comprehensive, nine-month study of its keyword rankings within Google’s search engines. The results showed that long-tail keywords with and without on-page optimization were impacted more than single-word head terms.
While most marketers focus on simple and short keywords, they don’t consider that people actually search the internet with longer keywords.
To be sure that you did keyword research effectively, find both long-tail keywords and short keywords to add to your content. Keep in mind that you shouldn’t over-do it with the number of keywords.
What will help you to embed these keywords naturally is to pick them before you start with the writing. In that way, you can add them during the writing process and equally dispense them across the text.
Use Google Keyword Planner to speed up the process of keyword research and make it more efficient.
2. Define SEO-Friendly Titles, Meta-Descriptions, And Product Descriptions
Titles are the ones that can make or break your chance with the audience. If the audience doesn’t find the title intriguing they won’t click on it. The same applies to meta-descriptions.
Meta-description is shown underneath the title in Google search results. It presents the first few lines of content. Its purpose is to show the readers what they can expect from that post.
While titles and meta-descriptions are important for your blog posts, don’t forget about your product descriptions.
We’ve put this under the same category because those are the elements that you usually forget to optimize even though they are highly important.
The way you can optimize your title, meta-description, and product description is to keep them short, simple, enticing, and appealing. In addition, make sure that you add the previously chosen primary keyword because that is what your target audience will type in.
Bonus tip: Split test variations of title and meta-description formats (e.g. with and without product price) to increase the number of click-throughs.
3. Be Original
Search engines frown upon any duplicated content. Plagiarism will severely hurt your ranking so stay away from it.
What search engines do support and value is unique content that engages the readers.
In order to achieve that, try to find a fresh perspective on different topics and offer your audience a unique view on different subjects.
Add some variation by publishing various content types such as:
- News reports
Besides written content, think about adding other forms of content to make it more interesting. Videos, images, infographics, illustrations, or even E-books and podcasts can be a nice surprise for all your users and a great addition to your content strategy.
4. Create Only High-Quality Content
Whether you are creating content for your home page or your blog, you should only publish valuable, readable, and comprehensive content that is high-quality.
If you wonder what makes high-quality content consider the following pointers:
- It brings value to the readers
- It is related to your niche
- It is well-structured (short sentences, short paragraphs, headings, subheadings, etc.)
- It achieves a goal (for example, increases engagement, drives traffic, improves search rankings)
- It generated leads
- It is sharable
- It has a consistent writing style
Not everyone who runs an eCommerce store is a talented writer. So, you can use these writing and editing tools:
- Trust My Paper and Studicus – Make sure that your posts are well-written by collaborating with these writing services. They will team you up with a top-notch writer who can deliver exactly what you want.
- Grab My Essay and Best Essay Education – Whenever you have a writer’s block or you want someone to perfect your content, these writing services can be the best choice.
- Wow Grade and Supreme Dissertations – Editing is a must before you publish any type of content. If you want someone who will do the editing job professionally and quickly opt for one of these resources.
- Grammarly and Hemingway Editor – For simple and fast proofreading you can use these online apps. They highlight your mistakes, give suggestions on how you should correct them, and check your readability score.
5. Learn From Your Competitors
Your competitors can serve as an inspiration on what to do and what not to do. Instead of making mistakes on your own, you should use competitors’ hits and misses as an example.
Browse for other eCommerce stores in your niche and pay attention to the content their audience likes the most. Considering that you are in the same line of business, their target audience is yours as well.
Read through their blog posts, product descriptions, and pay attention to their titles. This can give you suggestions on which keywords perform the best in your industry.
You can even find successful eCommerce stores in other countries. Use translation review websites like Is Accurate to help you find the best translation service that can translate their content. In this way, you can get inspired by their ideas and bring something completely new to your market.
Creating content is quite challenging on its own, so when you add SEO to the mix, you are facing some tough decisions. However, SEO seems like an exhausting task only when you don’t know how to execute it.
After you successfully cover each of these steps, you’ll be ready to bring awesome SEO skills to the table. Use these optimization techniques and observe how much power SEO writing has.