If you’re the owner of a company, you’re most likely doing some kind of marketing, but which marketing tactics are you utilizing?
Are you sure you’re getting the most for your money? You probably think that you could make more money with your current ad-spend, but you’ve run out of ideas.
4 Marketing Tactics To Explore For Your Business
There are countless marketing tactics, but this list includes some of the more unique and unconventional ones.
If you’re just starting with marketing, there are some basic things you need to have:
- A Fast Website: Having a fast website is one of the most important marketing advantages, a slow website will result in customers leaving before the website loads. Fast and optimized hosting is the first step to take. If you’re using WordPress, consider getting WordPress hosting to make optimizations even easier. It’s not free, so plan and review the costs of building a website in advance. Website Advisor shares a lot of articles that help to identify all the upcoming costs.
- Social Media Profiles: If you’re not on social media, you should go ahead and create a profile or three. It is generally a good idea to choose 1-3 places where most of your target audience is and focus on those.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Most of the traffic happening today comes through search engines, mainly Google. If your website doesn’t have proper SEO, the chances of it appearing on Google are slim. Speed optimizations, targeted keywords, and blogging are just three tactics for better SEO.
1. Optimize for Voice Search
Voice Search performs like a Google Search, except that it’s spoken instead of written.
The fact that it’s spoken makes a huge difference. If you wanted to search for a restaurant in Vancouver, British Columbia – you’d search something along the lines of “Restaurants in Vancouver”.
But if you’re using Voice Search, you’d say something along the lines of “What’s a good restaurant in Vancouver?”.
Why should you optimize for Voice Search?
This marketing tactic will yield great results in the near future when more people start using voice assistants.
With the introduction of smart speakers like Google Home and Amazon Alexa, more and more people are using voice search on a daily basis. As stated by PWC, more than 50% of people of all ages use voice assistants on a daily basis.
How do you optimize for voice search?
Voice search is mostly characterized by conversational-styled questions and that’s what you need to create. Here are some optimization tips.
- Use natural-sounding language
- Target long-tail keywords
- Use natural question phrases
- Provide accurate and concise answers
- Accurately fill out your Google My Business profile
Make sure your website is blazing-fast, mobile-friendly and secure. Google loves fast websites. You can use one of Google’s tools to test your speed.
2. Start Utilizing Artificial Intelligence (AI)
AI has already been utilized in many marketing tactics. It isn’t really available on a consumer-level, but the tools that Google, Facebook, and some other platforms provide us are enough to uplift our marketing.
A.I. takes data and runs it through a machine-learning algorithm. The data is already gathered for you.
Here are a few areas where you can utilize A.I. to elevate your business.
A.I. has reached an advanced stage, it knows which people to advertise towards, and writes content on its own. People are already using tools like Articoolo to generate content in a much easier fashion.
In fact, you’ve probably read an article that’s partially created using A.I. Forbes, The Washington Post, Bloomberg, Reuters, and others all use AI to do part of their jobs. Some of them use A.I. for data analytics that is required for their articles, while some use them for creating content.
Major websites recommend content that you like. Some of those websites include YouTube, Facebook, Google, and more. This is a good use of A.I. and it’s easy to implement on your website.
If you own a WordPress blog, you can easily add related posts that will use the current post to find posts similar to it.
Another use of A.I. is to display content that is connected to the viewer’s current address. Examples of this include:
- Trending videos by country
- Localized searches
- Automatic currency conversion
There aren’t many digital marketing tactics centered on user experience, so make sure to use this when possible.
Real-time customer support
A.I. can understand natural language, it can understand human questions and answer them. You can embed this on your website and it will answer questions pre-programmed into it.
This is useful for the support team who can’t be online at all times or take a load off the work they are doing.
3. Create a Challenge
Creating an advertisement video might sound like a good idea, but it has become a cliché. Even if the video is interesting, it still might not bring you a high number of customers.
CodeAcademy used one of the best marketing tactics back in 2012.
Their New Year campaign was a challenge. They challenged people to make learning to code as their new year’s resolution. And it was extremely successful.
Because CodeAcademy is the easiest place to learn to code, people kept on signing up. They had 100,000 new sign-ups in 3 days.
It is important to note that the only reason this worked is that CodeAcademy was the easiest way to learn to code and the sign-up process was made extremely easy.
4. Respond on Social Media
This might sound silly but the truth is, not enough brands do this. It’s such a simple thing.
Your brand most likely has social media profiles and if you’ve got followers, they’re liking and commenting every time you post.
Responding to people’s questions and concerns humanize your brand and tells people that it isn’t just some legal entity asking for their money.
When you get notified and mentioned that’s your cue to join the conversation.
Responding to people regularly means more people will notice your brand and your hospitality.
Marketing Tactics – Think Outside the Box
The internet is an ever-growing marvel of technology and these marketing tactics could become normal in the future. People always try to copy others that are more successful than them.
But that’s why you should always be on the lookout for new digital marketing tactics. The human mind wants what it hasn’t seen before and might block out things that are often used.
That’s why there’s one thing that matters most – originality.