- Are you tired of your hot and stuffy office?
- Do you hate the Monday morning commute?
If so, then it might be time to consider working from home.
In this blog post, you’ll learn 3 ways to work from home and the 3 benefits of working from home and if you can actually handle the freedom.
Here are some additional articles you might find interesting:
- How To Start Working From Home Today
- How To Set Yourself Up For Work-From-Home Success
- 5 Best Work From Home Jobs For Millennial Moms
- 4 Ways To Make Working From Home More Enjoyable
- 5 Productivity Hacks When Working From Home
- 5 Ways To Balance Work And Home When You Become A Full-Time Blogger
- 4 Tips For Creating A Healthy Home Office
How To Know If Working From Home Is Right For You?
THREE WAYS TO WORK FROM HOME
1. Ask your current boss for remote work
They might be open to this idea if they have the right tech set up which will usually involve a cloud server. This means that you will be able to access everything you need remotely.
2. Become a freelancer
As a freelancer, you basically work for yourself and make money by operating with multiple clients. This can be very freeing although it doesn’t provide that much job security.
- How To Get Your Dream Freelance Job
- 6 Pieces Of Powerful Advice To Protect Your Freelance Income
- How To Market Your Freelance Business
- 5 Ways To Improve Your Hireability As A Freelancer
- 5 Resolutions Every Freelancer Should Make In The New Year
- 5 Ways To Get Paid More As A Freelancer
3. Start your own blogging business
As a blogger, you can make money by sponsored promotion on your site.
- Elaine Rau Helps Women Learn How To Make Money Blogging
- 100 Most-Asked Blogging Questions Answered
- How To Make Money Blogging: The Most Comprehensive List Online
- How To Find Your Niche In Blogging
Okay, so now we know some of the ways that you can get started here, let’s explore why it could be the right decision.
THREE BENEFITS OF WORKING FROM HOME
1. Less Time In Traffic
When you work from home all you need to do is roll out of bed in the morning and get on your laptop… HOWEVER, not everyone is as disciplined as they may think themselves to be.
If you can’t handle working on your own time after work, then it may be hard for you to manage your own time when you have it all to yourself. Start trying to create a side hustle first and grow that into your full-time income.
2. The Perfect Environment
Some people can wake up and work on their beds, other people have to go to another room or designated “office space” in order to be productive. Make sure you learn what your habits are to ensure the highest level of productivity.
You may want to try a sit-stand desk as well! This will help you since being an online business owner oftentimes requires you to be on the computer the majority of your day and sitting all day is detrimental to your health.
3. Avoid Typical Office Issues
When you’re not in a typical office environment there are lots of things you don’t need to worry about such as office drama and politics, however, you will also not be covered for personal injuries that happen within your home as you would in an office.
If you speak to a personal injury lawyer, you’ll find that they have worked with countless clients that have been injured at work and are in need of compensation, but you wouldn’t be covered under that.
The most common office related injury is currently RSI. Repetitive strain injury occurs by typing for long periods in a poor position, usually with the wrong equipment. If a desk or chair doesn’t provide the right support, you’ll typically be at risk of developing this issue. You can usually avoid this if you are taking regular breaks throughout the day. Unfortunately, that’s not always possible in a busy office environment.
We hope you see how the many benefits of working from home and hopefully be able to assess if you can handle it or not.