6 Common Myths About Video Marketing (You Thought Were True)
Every second of your video matters when it comes to marketing, which is why it’s important not to mess up by not believing in these 6 common myths about video marketing.
6 Common Myths About Video Marketing
1. Video Marketing Doesn’t Work
Here are some data points for marketers who still doubt the success of video marketing:
- This year, video is expected to account for 74% of all internet traffic (HubSpot)
- 4x as many consumers would rather watch a video than read about a product (HubSpot)
- 60% of marketers and small business owners are upping their video marketing ante this year (HubSpot)
- 78% of people watch videos online every week (Digital Information World)
- 52% of marketing professionals worldwide claim that video offers the best ROI (Digital Information World)
Compared to other forms of content, videos provide better results on social media channels and get higher engagement with the audience. It is estimated that people prefer to watch a short branded video production rather than to read a long description of your product or service.
2. More Videos = More Success
While it’s important to get views on your videos, just focusing on the number doesn’t help you with the:
- Behavior after the view
- Retaining the visitor
Many people become unmotivated to create when they don’t get their desired amount of views. However, instead of focusing on view count, look at these other very important stats:
- Click through rate (CTR)
- Duration of views
- Skipped screens
- Rewatches screens
- Number of subscribers you earned
For example, the engagement rate on the video below about Elaine Rau’s successful blogging story is extremely high for the number of views it has.
3. Videos Don’t Belong In Email Campaigns
Video is largely ignored when it comes to email, which is a huge oversight and loss in potential customer satisfaction and additional customers.
Learn about email marketing best practices in these FREE webinars:
- Get Your First 1,000 Subscribers – Beginner
- Earn Your First Dollar – Beginner/Intermediate
- Email Copy-writing Tips – Beginner/Intermediate
- Make More Sales With Funnels – Expert
4. Video Marketing Is For B2C Not B2B
Anyone and everyone benefit from video marketing, regardless who your target audience or market is, the difference is in how you create your videos.
5. Pixelated Videos Are Fine
No one likes to watch videos that are not top quality, there are some instances where people can get away with it such as funny videos, but if you’re creating something to market your business there is no reason it should be blurry!
Check out Filmora to create videos of the highest quality.
The video below on How To Become An Instagram Influencer was made using Filmora.
6. Sharing Other People’s Videos Can Help
You should be sharing and creating your own ORIGINAL video content.
Your watch time and subscribers won’t increase if you share other people’s videos. If the video is relevant to your audience, then go ahead, but don’t share it if you’re expecting something in return as it’s not common practice that if you share someone’s video, they will share yours back.
Video marketing is not an overnight marketing aid, it is something that you have to keep doing in order to get good at, so keep planning and strategizing your video goals. Good luck and you got this!