Small business owners have a hard time figuring out how to gauge the effectiveness of printed marketing materials.
To help you get more value out of your invested money in printed marketing materials, here are the key tips you should remember when creating your materials.
How To Maximize The Benefits Of Printed Marketing Materials
1. Know Your Audience
You need to have a full grasp of the audience demographics in order to create targeted campaigns.
- Who are your target customers?
- How old are they?
- What is their highest educational attainment?
- What sorts of products or services are they currently looking for?
- What problems do they want to solve?
- How can you help them?
By knowing who you want to target, you can create high converting materials. Additionally, Your message will become more laser-focused and you can significantly increase your number of inquiries as well as completed transactions.
2. Clear Design, Clean Layout
When you design your marketing materials, be sure people can easily understand your message. Focus on using crisp and highly relevant images and graphics.
Also, see to it that your text and images follow a logical layout. These shouldn’t distract your potential customers from understanding what you want to tell them.
For example, if you wanted to promote your boutique, you may want to let the images tell the story versus too much text. This way you get to use them over and over again.
3. Solid Marketing Content
Focus on using actionable keywords to ensure that your prospects can immediately understand what your materials convey.
Also, be sensitive about the text you include in the material. It should not contain offensive text that may paint your brand in a bad light.
Lastly, it should be free from typographical and grammatical errors. Double check everything before sending the designs to your chosen printing shop.
Use Grammarly to help you out. This free grammar and spelling tool has saved me countless times. I used to get called out for spelling mistakes on my graphics all the time, now it never happens!
4. High-Quality Images Only
It’s crucial to determine how you will display the material when you create a layout or design.
For example, if you want to use posters for an event, you need to check the resolution of the image. It should not appear pixelated once you have it printed.
Get graphics and stock photos from Creative Market to ensure the best quality.
5. Hire A Professional Designer
Seasoned graphics designers charge high rates, but they make sure to deliver the best output to their clients.
By depending on a professional to create the design, you don’t have to worry about ending up with poorly created marketing material. Make sure to communicate regularly with your chosen designer.
Also, you should clearly outline what you hope to see in the output to avoid prolonging the turnaround time and asking for too many revisions.
Creating impressive and effective printed marketing material shouldn’t be too hard. All you need to do is ensure that you follow the tips provided above.
Also, see to it that the products and services you provide meet the expectations of your customers. Their satisfaction, recommendations and raving reviews will be your greatest marketing treasures.
Here are a few design recommendations we have for you to find great designers:
- 99Designs – professional designs of all kinds!
- Design Contest – host a competition where a ton of graphic designers fight to be your designer auction style.
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- Angela De Souza Helps Business Women Network - January 15, 2020
- How To Use Vinyl To Advertise Your Business - January 7, 2020
- Andrea Dotterer Helps Women Entrepreneurs Create An Authentic Social Media Presence - January 7, 2020
- Jackie Kossoff Helps Entrepreneurs Generate More Profit In Their Businesses - January 1, 2020
- Morgan Rogers Handcrafts Lashes That Cater Exclusively To Glamorous Girls - December 28, 2019