What you will learn in this interview:
- Favorite business tools
- Great entrepreneurial podcasts
- Advice on how to start a business
- What social media platforms to use
How This Environmentally Friendly Fashion Company Runs Their Business Behind The Scenes
1. What do you do? Who do you help?
I design and create wearable accessories made from recycled cashmere and wool sweaters.
My company is environmentally friendly, and we recycle approximately 5,000 sweaters annually that otherwise would be discarded. We sell to approximately 275 stores in the USA and on my website.
Please read more here: https://jackandmarydesigns.com/pages/our-story.
2. List your favorite business tools.
WholesaleinaBox helps me grow the wholesale side of my business by introducing me to 20 new stores a month.
3. What is a good course, website or book you would recommend and why?
Super helpful and interesting podcasts interviewing entrepreneurs and how they grew their businesses.
- How I Built This
- Loose Threads
- Behind the Assignment
- Artisans Who Wholesale
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received?
Just do it! Start today and it’s okay to launch before you feel ready.
5. What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
You do not have to have all the answers, just start. Ask questions along the way. Get help when you need it.
6. What is your beauty and/or fitness routine?
I’m a huge believer in fitness for physical and mental health. I wake up early and exercise. It makes me feel great, balances my life, gives me energy. As an entrepreneur, things always come up throughout the day and by exercising early I know it is done!
I have a simple beauty routine. Two things I never skimp on is sleep and sunscreen – I get facials and massages occasionally too.
7. List the products or items that are indispensable in your life.
- A good book
- Golf clubs
- My family
8. Which female entrepreneur(s) do you look up to and why?
I look up to Christina Stembel of Farm Girl Flowers. The bouquet delivery service was founded in San Francisco in her dining room.
She has never borrowed money and Farm Girl Flowers launched with her personal savings account. She now delivers Flowers nationwide.
I also have never borrowed money to start or grow my business.