How to Resize And Change Video Resolution For Instagram For Free
To build a successful business model, investing in social media marketing is the trend-tested and approved technique. Instagram is one marketing channel you don’t want to ignore with over 1 billion active monthly users. Providing you with a platform to reach out to audiences through images and videos, Instagram has all the right creative tools for you to build your brand. Step up your sales strategy game, and if you need to resize video for Instagram while at it, you’re on the right page. Here’s a guide to help improve your video resolution on Instagram.
Attract users to your account with your videos
Current online users are binge-watchers. Integrating videos into your online strategies has shown huge spikes in viewership for brands. A study indicated that 49% more engagement was recorded for video content when compared to posts with images. Based on these statistics, Instagram has also stepped up its algorithm to accommodate every business owner.
While working on social media marketing to improve the client base, creativity is your best friend. Brands are constantly experimenting with video editing, new formats, styles, and features to attract customers. You have a wide range of selections to choose from, and all you need to spend time on is to find your niche and start branding yourself.
1. Instagram video dimensions and aspect ratio cheat sheet
Since the introduction of Reels to IGTV today, Instagram videos have come a long way to help build brands. Depending on the type of video you want to put out, your video dimensions and aspect ratios tend to differ. You must heed these requirements to remain in the algorithm. It also helps improve your video resolution on Instagram.
Aspect ratio for feed
Instagram feed supports many video sizes and dimensions, ranging from 1080 x 608 pixels (landscape) to 1080 x 1350 pixels (portrait). The portrait dimensions generally provide a better user experience since most people access Instagram on their smartphones. Instagram does not have a rotate option on the smartphone app, and uploading a landscape dimension video is not very engaging.
An alternative to portrait dimensions is a square video, 1080 x 1080 pixels, and you guessed it right, it does feel out of place in the feed. Whichever aspect ratio you choose, keep in mind:
- Video length minimum of 3 seconds and a maximum of 1 minute
- The file size cannot exceed 4GB
- Thirty frames per second is the ideal FPM. If using a DSLR, make sure your settings are changed accordingly.
Aspect Ratios for other Instagram platforms
If you’re looking to expand your marketing strategies to other parts of Instagram, it is an excellent decision. The wider your range of audience, the better your chances of a return on investment. Make sure your video resolution is the best across different Instagram platforms with these specifications.
Carousel Video Ads’ video specifications
- Video Dimensions: 1080 x 1080 (max)
- Aspect Ratio: 1:1
- Video Length: 60 seconds (max)
- File Type: .MP4 & .MOV
- File Size: 4 GB (max)
- Number of Cards: 2 to 10 (max)
Instagram Stories Ads’ video specifications
- Video Dimension: 1080 x 1920
- Aspect ratio: 9:16
- File Size: 4 MB (max)
- Video Length: 2 minutes (max)
IGTV’s video specifications
- Video Dimensions: 1080 x 1920 pixels (max)
- Horizontal Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Vertical Aspect Ratio: 9:16
- File Size: 3.6 GB (max)
- Video Length: 1 hour (max)
Instagram reels’ video specifications
- Video Dimensions: 1080 x 1920 pixels (max)
- Full Screen Aspect Ratio: 9:16
- Feed Aspect Ratio: 4:5
- File Size: 4 GB (max)
- Video Length: 30 seconds (max)
2. Crop and resize videos for Instagram for free
Now that we are clear about the dimensions and aspect ratios, focus on cropping and resizing next. It may sound tiresome to go the extra mile to crop or resize videos for Instagram, but it will maximize your content’s lifespan and provide better results for your brand! Most online applications will provide one or two features to refine your content, but finding one tool to perform them all is the trick! And if you can find a video editor for free online, what are you waiting for?
1. Upload your video
Visit the online application and sign up with your email address. Find and click on “New Project”. Look for your file from the source, upload your video. Make sure you give it a proper name for future references.
2. Select the desired resolution
Decide your video dimensions for Instagram you want to upload; on the toolbar on your left, look for settings and click on the drop-down menu of canvas sizes. You can always make multiple versions of the video for the many Instagram platforms.
3. Rotate video vertically or horizontally
Your loyal fanbase will expect consistency from your brand, and you have to rotate the video if necessary. Keep the blank spaces to a minimum and command all of your audience’s attention.
4. Select your preferred dimensions in the crop tool
Adjust the corners of your video to take up as much or as little space within the canvas. Unless your blank spaces are for aesthetic purposes, select between “fit frame “or “fill frame” on the left toolbar.
5. Press save
You’ve made it this far, do not lose your progress before the final step! Save your progress!
6. Download and it’s done!
Download your video as an MP4 file as the final step, and you’re all set to make waves on Instagram.
Start improving your videos
To retain your viewership numbers, you need to create content that speaks of your brand consistently. Resizing the videos will help you improve your video resolution and excel on Instagram while competing with your rivals. Using tools that save you time and effort in post-production will allow you to focus on creating your exciting content. Happy creating!
Additional articles you might be interested in:
- How To Get More IGTV Viewers On Instagram
- 22 Of The Best Brands With Stunning Instagram Feeds
- How To Use Every Function On Instagram Stories
- 4 Critical Instagram Marketing Strategies For Your Small Business
- How To Add Text to Your TikTok Videos And The Benefits
- How To Boost Your Business With Instagram Reels
- 10 Marketing Strategies For Small Businesses
- How To Write Successful Instagram Captions
- How To Raise The Engagement Level On Your Instagram Business Account
- 5 Reasons To Make A Website For Your Small Business
- How To Discover And Engage Your Target Audience
- How To Use Social Media Marketing To Promote Your Business
- 10 Ways To Promote Your Business For Little Or No Cost
- How To Effectively Use Hashtags On Instagram
- How To Get Better Results From Your Email Marketing Strategy
- 5 Ways Your Business Can Benefit From Twitter
- How To Make Money Fast With Facebook Ads: Create The Right Ads
- How To Respond To A Direct Message As A Business
Alaine Meier is a blogging intern at LadyBossBlogger. She currently attends the College of the Holy Cross and is studying economics and environmental studies.