Tiffany Stokes is the Healthy Accountant. She helps women struggling with health and financial issues to understand the connection between physical and fiscal problems. Tiffany realized that there was a direct link between health and finance through her own personal experience having suffered for many years from financial hardship and health issues. Now she strives to help other women bring their lives back into balance, so they don’t have to spend years struggling as she did.
What motivated and inspired you to start your own business?
I was tired of working all day. I was always too tired when I got home from work and not able to spend quality time with my daughter. I wanted to set my own terms when it came to working and not have to be on someone else’s time.
Tell us about your business.
I help hardworking women with big visions thrive in their health and their finances by identifying the link between chronic physical and fiscal problems. Together, we go right to the source of their stress so we can break their cycle of pain and uncertainty and bring their whole life into a place of consistent well-being.
Are you currently running any promos/contests/giveaways that you would like our readers to know about?
I am currently offering free 45-minute mini health and financial sessions. During these sessions, I go over their biggest financial and health challenges and then discuss one thing they can implement in one or both areas.
- Certified Fraud Examiner with the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
- Certified Holistic Health Coach with a certificate from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
Where is your business based?
I am located in Loganville, Georgia.
What were the first few steps you took to get your business up and running?
I started working with a coach. Before that, I was trying to get my health coaching business started with no success. When I started working with my coach, Snowe Saxman, I decided to go back to doing accounting and over the course of a year working with her, ended up combining both health and accounting into one service.
What has been the most effective way of raising awareness of your business and getting new customers?
For me, the most effective way has been through social media and word of mouth.
What have been your biggest challenges so far?
I think some of my biggest challenges have been:
- Marketing consistently.
- Getting potential clients to sign up for a program.
- Being afraid to ask for the sale.
How did you overcome these challenges?
- Marketing is not something that comes naturally to me, plus I really try to limit my time on social media. I’ve been working on planning out a week’s worth of content in various forms, so that I have things readily available to post. In addition to that, I’m starting to do Facebook Live videos as well.
- I discovered that the programs I was originally offering were not the right programs. With a lot of hard work, I’ve come up with programs that I love and know can help fellow women entrepreneurs who struggle with their health and finances.
- I had a lot of money and emotional blocks holding me back from asking for the sale. I did a lot of 1:1 mindset work with my coach, which helped me to clear those blocks. It’s something that I have had to continually work through, but now I’m no longer afraid to ask for the sale.
How do you keep motivated through difficult times?
I keep motivated by turning to scripture, especially during difficult times. My faith in God is what keeps me going in good times and bad. Also, my daughter keeps me motivated, especially times when I feel like giving up. Everything I do, I do for her, and she is my biggest motivator.
How do you distinguish yourself from your competitors?
I distinguish myself from other competitors because I have combined both finances and health, where usually most others (from what I’ve seen) focus on one or the other. I’ve learned that there is a direct connection between health and finances, and now work to help others work to find a balance.
What is the best advice you have received recently?
To not hope, but have faith and make it happen; continue to do my part and God will take care of the rest and do His.
What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
In order to have a successful business, it’s important that you take care of both your health and finances because if one suffers, the other suffers as well. Never give up on your dreams, no matter how hard it gets, because you will achieve them as long as you continue to work for them.
What is your favorite business tool or resource?
- Acuity Scheduling because it helps me keep my appointments straight and keeps me from double booking or missing an appointment.
- Voxer because it helps me stay connected to clients as well as other entrepreneurs and collaborators easily.
- Zoom because I can meet with clients via video since most don’t live near me and don’t always have to speak with them only by phone.
What is a good article or book you have read recently?
The most recent book that I read, which has helped me in all areas of my personal and business life, was “7-Mile Miracle” by Pastor Steven Furtick.
What are you currently learning about for your business or looking for help with?
I’m learning to have patience when it comes to finding and getting clients. I’m still new to the online world and don’t have a large following yet, but I have faith it will build. If I could use help with anything, it would be with marketing as that is my weakest area.
What are your goals for the next few months and how are you striving to achieve them?
My current goals for the next few months is to completely fill my new 1:1 programs and to complete my first 5-figure goals for the rest of the quarters this year.
What social media outlets do you use? List them below.
Facebook Group www.facebook.com/groups/TheHealthyAccountant
Hashtags #mompreneur #momboss #bossmom #thehealthyaccountant #healthylifestyle #healthyliving #thrive #flourishandprosper #nowisyourtimetothrive #financiallyfree #worklifebalance
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- JLab Wireless Earphones v.s. Sudio Wireless Earphones - November 8, 2019
- How To Cool Your Business Premises Without Spending A Fortune - October 22, 2019
- Briana Ross Teaches Female Entrepreneurs How To Build Unforgettable Brands - October 20, 2019
- Jennifer Lehr Educates Couples On How To Create A Safe And Connected Relationship - October 20, 2019
- Dawn Myers Helps Women Of Color Style Their Natural Hair With Tech-Enabled Tools - October 20, 2019