What you’ll learn in this interview:
- Common pitfalls to avoid
- How to identify opportunities for personal and professional growth
- How to build cultures of success
- How to impact positive change through balanced decisions
- How to inspire others to begin building a path to success
How This Business Coach Runs Her Practice Behind The Scenes
1. What do you do? Who do you help?
I empower business executives, including young professionals and future leaders to break out of old leadership habits in order to achieve bigger and better things than their predecessors.
I combine my expertise in risk reduction, human behavior, and strategy with existing better practices in order to build not just a strong foundation, but a thriving culture.
I’m also the author of a book called “Organization Culture Killers, Deadly Expectations: How Leaders Build Cultures of Success (Deadly Practices)“.
2. List your favorite business tools.
- SmarterQueue – to schedule my posts for my favorite social media platforms, LinkedIn and Facebook.
3. What is a good course, website or book you would recommend and why?
- Leading Beyond Best – educates young professionals on valuable leadership skills that aren’t taught elsewhere and a good refresher for existing leaders.
- Neish Leadership Development & Coaching Programs – because they help develop actual leadership skills in ways that I’ve not ever experienced in any other program
- Fiverr – great for finding freelancers if you want to outsource work.
- Reedsy – find the perfect editor, designer or marketer for your book.
- The Halo Effect by Rosenzweig
- Organization Culture Killers by me
- Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
- For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn
- The Science of Success by Charles Koch
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received?
- You will never make everyone happy, so just do your best and take pride in the ones you do.
- You must first understand who you are before you can hope to help others.
- Everything, both good and bad, happens for a reason.
- Enjoy the fruit punch when times are good and look for the potential positives that may result from bad-time… turning lemons into lemonade.
5. What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
- If you don’t know what you want, and can’t communicate what’s necessary to achieve it, then you’ll always be chasing your tail.
- You have the ability to impact positive change, but to be successful, you have to have the courage to look in the mirror first.
- The fastest and most effective way to grow is to prevent repeating past mistakes by learning from others, developing our people, innovation and maintaining balance through thoughtful change.
6. What is your beauty and/or fitness routine?
- I take long baths with an exfoliant and different face masks whenever possible.
- I brush with Sonicare toothbrush and floss 2-3 times a day and brush my teeth with baking soda once a week.
- I get my hair done to cover grays and trim split ends.
- I nail dip (lasts forever) and do spray tans on occasion (no sun/sunscreen when in sun).
- I use Mac cosmetics whenever leaving the house.
- I try to get out and walk as much as possible, playing Pokémon with the kids helps and taking the dogs on walks.
- I play basketball with my youngest son in the driveway and at the park regularly.
- I stretch daily and sit in our massage chair every day I’m home.
7. List the products or items that are indispensable in your life.
- Allergy medicine – we have a cat!!
8. Which female entrepreneur(s) do you look up to and why?
- My grandmother – built and owned photo studio. Taught me women can do anything, work ethics & much more.
- Sheryl Sandberg – LEAN IN is a great book!
9. List your social media platforms.
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- Aliz Löcsei Helps People Master Tennis - February 24, 2020
- How To Monetize Your Influence: Taught By Award-Winning Influencer Elaine Rau - February 21, 2020
- From Zero Luck To 20 Brand Deals In One Week - February 20, 2020
- Federica Attanasio And Federica Pecis Help Female Entrepreneurs Succeed Through The Power Of Digital Marketing - February 19, 2020
- Jessica Osborn Helps Professional Women Build Scalable And Profitable Service Businesses - February 16, 2020