Sarika Nair is a diet and lifestyle consultant. She is very passionate about health and loves to help people be healthy the right way! She believes in a wholesome diet. She is an avid blogger and loves to share informative articles about diet, nutrition and healthy recipes. She contributes to many websites. Read our interview with the lovely Sarika below…
What motivated and inspired you to start your own business?
I am a mother by choice and hence wanted to follow my passion while taking care of my baby. That is how I decided to start out on my own and I love every bit of it!
Tell us about your business.
I am a diet consultant and help people in managing their weight and nutritional status. I am a freelancer and I consult both online and offline. I have clients all over who consult with me online. I also conduct workshops for corporations, societies, schools and small groups. I also reach out to a lot of people through my blog.
- My blog has been listed as the “Top 100 Diet Blogs on the Planet”.
- I have recently been nominated for the Liebster blog award.
- I was nominated as the “most promising, upcoming dietitian in Mumbai” by Primetime Global Healthcare Excellence Award 2016.
- I write for many websites like www.thehealthorange.com, ucnews, curejoy, lionshome India to name a few.
- I have also been quoted in Indian Express articles.
- I have conducted workshops for corporations like TCS, Yes Bank, HDFC Bank, Indusind Bank and a few schools.
Where is your business based?
My business is based in Mumbai, India.
What were the first few steps you took to get your business up and running?
I started blogging first because I love it. I also advertised locally to spread the word.
What has been the most effective way of raising awareness of your business and getting new customers?
Networking has helped tremendously. I attend many workshops and events where I get a chance to network. Secondly, Facebook groups such as Ladybossblogger’s Networking Group are also very helpful.
What have been your biggest challenges so far?
There have been times when I just hit a roadblock while trying to drive traffic and convert leads, but blogger groups have really helped me along the way as I have learned a lot from those groups. It is also heartening to see that you are not alone, many others face the same issues.
How did you overcome these challenges?
Thinking outside the box and paving my own way helps a lot. You can’t keep doing the same things and expect different results.
How do you keep motivated through difficult times?
It is difficult, I do get stressed out a lot (I am totally a type A, self-stressing type of person), but then I look at the larger picture. I look at what I have accomplished and that motivates me.
How do you distinguish yourself from your competitors?
Everyone is doing a great job, but I try to better myself all the time. My articles are honest and 100% authentic according to my knowledge. I research a lot and only publish things I am convinced about. The same goes with consulting, I don’t give in to the fads and try to be honest in my profession.
What is the best advice you have received recently?
That I should write more often.
What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
Be honest and authentic because it shows, and don’t give up. It is not a bed of roses, but it is exciting as hell!
What is your favorite business tool or resource?
Reading. I read a lot to stay updated. Social media, can’t ignore it.
What social media outlets do you use? List them below.
What is a good article or book you have read recently?
Recently I am reading “The power of your subconscious mind” by Joseph Murphy. I just finished reading the amazing book “The Empire of the Mughal – The Tainted Throne”.
What are you currently learning about for your business or looking for help with?
I want to monitize my blog and I am trying to learn that. I would like help with the same.
What are your goals for the next few months and how are you striving to achieve them?
My goals are to monetize my blog and increase the traffic. I am learning and applying.
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- Angela De Souza Helps Business Women Network - January 15, 2020
- How To Use Vinyl To Advertise Your Business - January 7, 2020
- Andrea Dotterer Helps Women Entrepreneurs Create An Authentic Social Media Presence - January 7, 2020
- Jackie Kossoff Helps Entrepreneurs Generate More Profit In Their Businesses - January 1, 2020
- Morgan Rogers Handcrafts Lashes That Cater Exclusively To Glamorous Girls - December 28, 2019