What you’ll learn in this interview:
- Her top 6 tools for rocking your online marketing strategy
- Being money smart as a small business owner
- How to increase engagement on social media without spending money
- The best #bossbabe books to get your solopreneur juices flowing
- 3 beauty products Sarah swears by
How This Solopreneur Runs Her Business Behind The Scenes
1. What do you do? Who do you help?
I’m a digital marketing consultant and expert at Hansen Collective. I provide one-on-one consulting and create online educational materials to help guide female solopreneurs through the ins and outs of designing digital marketing strategies that convert!
2. List your favorite business tools.
- Social Report – I’ve been a Social Report user for almost three years, and it’s never disappointed me! It’s a comprehensive social media scheduling and analytics platform that allows you to manage multiple brands for almost half the price of leading industry alternatives. If you’re looking to get ahead on your posting strategy, Social Report is the solution.
- Plann – Okay, I’ll admit… I’m a sucker for a gorgeous Instagram feed! There’s just something magical about looking at a well planned out, aesthetically pleasing profile. To help me make sure my account is on point, I plug in all my posts into the Plann app to see how they fit with the rest of my feed.
- MailChimp – Hands down, if you’re a new solopreneur on a bootstrap budget, MailChimp is the way to go! Not only does their free plan allow up to 2,000 emails, but it also gives you access to campaigns, automation, e-commerce store integration and much more!
- ManyChat – Did you know: The average open rate of Facebook Messenger chatbots is 80%? That’s almost 4x most emails! Put your leads and sales on auto-pilot with a ManyChat.
- Creative Market – As a busy boss babe, you don’t always have the time (or cash) to create top-notch graphics – that is until now! Get customizable graphic design files like these BOSS Social Media Pack for an affordable price on Creative Market!
- WordPress – If you’re looking for a professional-looking website that doesn’t cost thousands of dollars to make, then I highly suggest WordPress! This is what I used to create my website, and with the thousands of plug-ins & integrations available, I’m able to automate most of my marketing tactics (*cue angels singing).
- GSuite – I hate to say it, but your email address can make or break your first impression! Putting your business name after the “@” sign of your address instantly adds credibility.
- Printify – Have you ever heard of dropshipping? If not, it’s about to change your life. If you’ve always wanted to sell your brand’s merchandise, but don’t necessarily have the funds to purchase buckets of inventory than this method of eCommerce is for you! Simply pick a product, upload your design, and sell individually on your site. Printify takes care of all shipping needs for you!
- Prepostseo: The Prepostseo online plagiarism checker is widely used to check the original content. Business professionals can now detect plagiarism simply by copying and pasting content or downloading files. The use of Plagiarism Detector is essential to protect your business content because duplicate content is not acceptable in any case. It lowers the authority of work.
- QuickBooks: Self-Employed – When I was first getting into the solopreneur business, the thought of trying to figure out my taxes scared me, but having to dish out cash for an accountant scared me more! With QuickBooks: Self-Employed, you can connect your business accounts, monitor all spending and income, and upload receipts. The software will calculate how much you owe AND you can pay online.
- Digit – I always failed at saving for tangible goals, until I downloaded the digit app. Digit puts away money for that special vacay or new equipment for your biz buy pulling out a few dollars every day, so you can save without even knowing.
3. What is a good course, website or book you would recommend and why?
- Social Media Organic Engagement Survival Guide – this quick guide teaches you how to optimize the things you’re already posting to generate more traffic and more leads – without spending a dollar on advertising!
- Poosh – When I’m not helping amazing women conquer their business goals, I’m a huge fashion and lifestyle junkie! Poosh by Kourtney Kardashain fulfills all those self-care and home design needs I so desperately crave.
- The 4-Hour Work Week – This was the very first entrepreneurial book I ever read! I was 21 years old and about to enter my senior year of college. I had just spent 6 months in Europe, and wanted to figure out how to create a career that allowed me to continue my passion for traveling. This book got the gears rolling on process automation, grabbing productive hours by the horns, and saying no to time-wasting tasks.
- You are a Badass – and you better know it! Step into your full power as a bad ass lady boss with this self-motivating and manifesting easy read.
- How to Be Parisian Wherever You Are – Everybody knows that Parisian women are literally the most effortlessly cool women in the world. So how do they do it? Follow along the short stories of four Parisian friends as they navigate work, jobs and grocery shopping.
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received?
- If you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room.
- The moment you think you know everything is the moment you stop growing.
5. What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
- Download every freebie, watch every youtube video, and listen to every podcast you can to help learn how to market yourself!
- Whoever your professional role model is, mimic everything they do.
6. What is your beauty and/or fitness routine?
As a busy woman, I like to keep my make-up routine as simple as possible. In my eyes, it’s all about enhancing the beauty you already have! The following items are my everyday staples:
- IT cosmetics CC Cream – This cream is actually a tinted moisturizer, so it gives you THE most gorgeous glow. It’s all I ever wear for foundation, and I always get so many compliments on my skin when I’m using it!
- Better Than Sex Mascara – The name says it all! I don’t know how Too Faced did it, but the combination of the gorgeous formula with the perfect wand leaves your eyelashes looking full and lifted.
- Elf Lip Balm – Y’all, I found you a steal. Sometimes drugstore cosmetics are hit and miss, but this lip balm definitely hit it out of the park. It moisturizes your lips and gives you the perfect pink tint for an everyday look.
7. List the products or items that are indispensable in your life.
- My Gaia yoga mat – Anything yoga, pilates or barre is my jam! This mat is my fav because it has extra foam, so my wrists don’t hurt as much.
- My rescue cat, Beau – Becoming a cat mom has been one of the most rewarding things in my life.
- My flight benefits! – Thanks mom, without you I wouldn’t be able to travel the world as often as I do.
8. Which female entrepreneur(s) do you look up to and why?
- Jenna Kutcher – When I was first getting into digital marketing, Jenna Kutcher’s social pages and podcasts taught me so much! I highly recommend checking her out if you’re just getting started.
- Sivan Ayla – Again, this boss blogger fulfills my creative side with all her lifestyle and decorating tips, she’s also super honest and open, which I strive to be with my followers, too!
9. List your social media platforms.
- Instagram @hansencollective, @sarahh_hansen_
- Facebook @hansencollective
- LinkedIn @hansencollective
- Website www.hansencollective.com
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- Angela De Souza Helps Business Women Network - January 15, 2020
- How To Use Vinyl To Advertise Your Business - January 7, 2020
- Andrea Dotterer Helps Women Entrepreneurs Create An Authentic Social Media Presence - January 7, 2020
- Jackie Kossoff Helps Entrepreneurs Generate More Profit In Their Businesses - January 1, 2020
- Morgan Rogers Handcrafts Lashes That Cater Exclusively To Glamorous Girls - December 28, 2019