As the Philadelphia region’s premier brandographer, Robyn Graham helps entrepreneurs build their brand with authenticity and purpose through the power of visual storytelling.
Robyn’s signature method combines her passion for photography with her background in the corporate world to not only capture her clients’ true personality, but to strategize with them on how to best leverage their branding imagery for SEO on their website and social media platforms.
Connection is at the heart of Robyn’s work as a brandographer. By connecting with each of her clients and helping them feel relaxed and at ease, Robyn is able to capture who they really are and create visual content that represents them with beauty and clarity.
With images that illuminate their personal brand and expert advice on how to use those images to tell their story, Robyn builds her clients’ confidence so they are empowered to build relationships with their own customers.
What motivated and inspired you to start your own business?
I have always loved photography and as my children grew and became busier, it was challenging for both my husband and I to be in the corporate world. We didn’t have a family support system locally so we decided that I would follow my passion and create a business.
Once my business was established, I quickly identified that I was most passionate about personal branding and helping business owners build their brand and grow their confidence by having unique and fabulous content for their websites and social media content.
Tell us about your business.
As the owner and principal photographer of Robyn Graham Photography, LLC, I combine the art of photography with the strategy of brand building to help people tell their stories through beautiful and impactful headshots and personal branding images that capture their true essence.
I am the Philadelphia region’s premier brandographer whose signature method combines my passion for photography with my background in the corporate world to not only capture my clients’ true personality, but to strategize with them on how to best leverage their branding imagery for SEO on their website and social media platforms.
My business is based in Doylestown, PA, where I meet with clients for strategy sessions and photo shoots in my light-filled and inviting loft studio. My work, however, takes me wherever my clients lead in the Philadelphia region and beyond.
My business is built on a passion for visual storytelling to bolster confidence as it grows brand authenticity and impact through emotional connections between my clients and their audiences.
I am also co-founder and co-host of 4 Chicks Chatting Podcast.
Are you currently running any promos/contests/giveaways that you would like our readers to know about?
Access my 15 photo prompts and free stock photos on my website: www.robyngrahamphotography.com.
- Winner ~ Bucks Happening List ~ Photographer ~ 2018
- Honor date Apr 2018
- Honor issuer Bucks Happening Magazine
- Honor description: Bucks Happening Magazine holds an annual community voting contest for local businesses. There are hundreds of categories, including photographer. I was honored to be nominated again for photographer in 2018 and blessed to win the category two years in a row.
- Edit honor Winner ~ Bucks Happening List ~ Photographer ~ 2017
- Honor date Apr 2017
- Honor issuer Bucks Happening Magazine
- honor description Bucks Happening Magazine holds an annual community voting contest for local businesses. There are hundreds of categories, including photographer. I was honored to be nominated for photographer in 2017 and blessed to win the category.
- Edit honor Best of the Best Emerging Fine Art Photographers
- Honor date 2014
- Honor issuer BWGallerist
Where is your business based?
Doylestown, Pennsylvania, just outside of Philadelphia.
What were the first few steps you took to get your business up and running?
After deciding to title the business using my name, the very first thing I did was to create a blog. I then shared the blog with family and friends to help me spread the word.
What has been the most effective way of raising awareness of your business and getting new customers?
Social media posts, SEO, referrals, and word of mouth.
What have been your biggest challenges so far?
Building a business in a highly concentrated space. There are so many photographers, there is practically a photographer on every corner. It has helped that I have a niche in personal branding.
How did you overcome these challenges?
Networking, developing relationships with my clients, which are an integral part of my referral base, and establishing a niche which helps me stand out in a hype concentrated space.
How do you keep motivated through difficult times?
I look at every experience as a chance to learn and I live by the philosophy that everything happens for a reason. When business is slow, I use that time to work on the business instead of in the business.
I read a lot and focus on the positives as well as on ways to grow both personally and professionally. Following inspiring influencers, listening to podcasts, and reading always inspire me to push forward and do things that will result in positive outcomes for my business.
How do you distinguish yourself from your competitors?
I have a unique approach to personal branding because of all of my experience in the corporate environment and working with people from so many different professions, communication styles, and personalities.
Not only is my ability to help with brand strategy, SEO and social media a critical component of what helps me distinguish my business, but I have an innate ability to help people feel comfortable in front of the camera which, for many, can be a vulnerable and very anxiety-ridden experience.
I use a “get to know you,” relaxed approach which enables my clients to relax and have fun while we collaborate to create their visual story.
What is the best advice you have received recently?
To be where my feet are, both professionally and personally. To trust in the moment and the experience, instead of fearing what will happen next.
What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
Invest in your brand up front. The earlier in the process you invest in developing an emotional connection with your audience and grow an online presence, the faster your business will take root and grow.
The includes unique and professional photographs that represent you as your brand, but also a professionally designed logo, color palette and mood board.
Listen to podcasts and read blogs on brand development, SEO, and social media because every minute spent learning the branding process will pay off.
What are your favorite business tools/resources and why?
I listen to podcasts a lot… as you can probably tell from my previous answers. Some of the podcasts that I have found to really inspire me in my business are:
- The Influencer Podcast with Julie Solomon
- The Goal Digger Podcast with Jenna Kutcher
- The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes
- Soul Tribes
- On Purpose with Alex Beadon
- Real Talk with Rachael Luna
- Entrepreneurs on Fire with John Lee Dumas
What is a good article or book you have read recently?
- Braving the Wilderness by Brene Brown
- Badass Your Brand by Pia Silva – and all of her Forbes articles
- Perfectly Yourself by Matthew Kelly
- How to Style your Brand: Everything You Need to Know to Create a Distinctive Brand Identity by Fiona Humberstone
- Impressions: The Power of Personal Branding in Living an Extraordinary Life by Coyte G. Cooper
What are you currently learning about for your business or looking for help with?
I am presently spending time learning about creating online courses and am designing a mentorship program to help creative build their brands.
What are your goals for the next few months and how are you striving to achieve them?
I recently re-designed my website and am still working on the SEO. I am redesigning my social media posting schedule and content and am working on developing the mentorship program and an online course.
I have a few upcoming speaking engagements on personal branding and am very excited to share my knowledge and help others grow their brands. My goal is to increase the number of speaking engagements and opportunities to share my passion for personal branding.
What social media outlets do you use? List them below.
LinkedIn Robyn Graham Photography, LLC
Google+ Robyn Graham Photography, LLC
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- How To Monetize Your Influence: Taught By Award-Winning Influencer Elaine Rau - February 21, 2020
- From Zero Luck To 20 Brand Deals In One Week - February 20, 2020
- Federica Attanasio And Federica Pecis Help Female Entrepreneurs Succeed Through The Power Of Digital Marketing - February 19, 2020
- Jessica Osborn Helps Professional Women Build Scalable And Profitable Service Businesses - February 16, 2020
- Hilary Johnson Helps Women Entrepreneurs Build Powerful, Purposeful, And Profitable Businesses - February 13, 2020