Dropshipping enables you to sell products without needing to carry inventory.
The manufacturer generates, packages, and ships the product out to the customers, which makes this a low maintenance business model.
But what do we need to know before launching your first store?
Before we dive in, here are some additional resources you may find helpful:
- How To Stay In The Competitive In The Ecommerce Industry
- 5 Ecommerce Models To Choose From
- If You’re A Fashionista: Here Are 5 Of The Best Businesses To Start
- 4 Efficient Ways To Increase E-commerce Sales
- 3 Ways To Make Sure Your Ecommerce Business Is Successful
5 Best Ways To Promote Your Drop Shipping eCommerce Store
1. Create A Content Marketing Strategy
Nothing good begins without creating a plan.
Just like a film studio goes through the pre-production course, an eCommerce business also requires a content marketing strategy.
- Content Marketing: How To Create A Killer Content Marketing Strategy
Write a list of all the approaches you plan on through reaching out to customers – whether it be videos, newsletters, or blog posts.
- Videos: How To Keep Your Youtube Channel Interesting
- Newsletters: 50 Proven Ways To Grow Your Email List
- Blog Posts: 10 Traits Successful Bloggers Have
Don’t forget to make it a point to check in with this approach now and then to evaluate how the content creation and distribution process is working.
Also, make sure you’re working with influencers to create fun product reviews!
Also, don’t forget about SEO and how important it is to learn how to get organic traffic online to your website!
- 6 SEO Tips For Launching An E-Commerce Store
- What Is A Local Citation And Its Benefit To Local SEO
- How To Accelerate Your Online Marketing Campaign With SEO Content
- 10 Most Common SEO Mistakes Entrepreneurs Make
- 5 Things You Need To Know About SEO
- 11 Reasons SEO Is Crucial For Business Growth
- 7 SEO Techniques For Fashion Brands And Blogs
- 5 SEO Tools Every Online Business Owner Should Have
2. Build Trust By Adding Customer Reviews
If you’re running a dropshipping store and sell authentic watches, customers will want to be convinced of the QUALITY.
Hence, adding ratings, testimonials, and customer reviews to your online shop is best to build trust.
Make sure to have reviews on your website AND social media as well.
Oftentimes people check out your social handles BEFORE they consider purchasing something from you to make sure other people are also saying good things about your company and a place that most people trust reviews from is Facebook profiles.
Example from LadyBossBlogger’s Facebook Page – 5 out of 5 based on 162 people’s opinions!
3. Do In-Depth Competition Research
You will be contending with other dropshipping companies as well as retail giants.
Remember that is where various potential drop shippers go wrong: because they search for a product that has little to no opposition.
That’s an indicator that there isn’t demand that specific product.
Search for products that have competition, as it’s an indicator that there’s a high demand and the business model is justifiable.
One of the most popular (and competitive) markets to tap into is women’s fashion.
However, make sure to carve out a niche for yourself WITHIN the popular niche.
If you don’t have a niche yet, read 12 Most Profitable Niches For Making Money Online.
For example, LadyBossBlogger Shop is a dropshipping store focused on WOMEN’S DRESSES ONLY – not pants, not shirts, not skirts, not anything else but dresses.
4. Pick The Right Supplier
Ultimately, the products you select mirror your brand. Hence, it is significant to be selective about your products.
Step 1: Supplier Audit
Check all the information of suppliers, the variety of products they sell as well as their reviews. By doing so, it ensures quality and credibility.
Step 2: Narrow Down The List
Compare the product prices, guarantees, and whether they include e-packet service.
Step 3: Get Rid Of Bad Suppliers
If, after all your investigation, a wrong supplier succeeds to slip through the crashes, don’t ever delay with changing them out. You don’t want to risk the credibility of your products because of them.
Use Oberlo to ensure you’re only dealing with good suppliers.
However, in order to use them, you must first have a Shopify account.
5. Don’t Just Learn, Practice It
The exquisiteness of the internet is that there’s always someone who desires to provide details away for free. You can sign up for numerous dropshipping classes and pay for never-ending dropshipping e-books.
Read blogs, participate in the forums, watch YouTube videos, and take free dropshipping courses, but don’t pay for knowledge. Use that to capitalize on marketing or invest in your business such as paying for your website host: this is the one we recommend.
Dropshipping is a great business model for fresh online store owners who are now breaking into the eCommerce game.
Because dropship stores are easy to start, low cost to run, and are vastly automated!
Since you don’t need to handle the items you are selling, you can literally start a dropshipping business right now.
More additional reading for you before you start (so start on the right foot):
- How To Write An Effective E-Commerce Business Plan
- How To Set Up A Successful Online Store
- How To Write Compelling Product Descriptions To Boost Sales
- How To Make Serious Money On Amazon
- 7 Smart Strategies For Selling Products Online
- 4 Common E-Commerce Mistakes You Must Not Make
- How To Develop A Successful Digital Coupon Campaign
- How To Improve Your E-Commerce Strategy
- 5 E-Commerce Models To Choose From
- 5 Must-Have Extensions For WooCommerce