Nadine Barrett Guides People Towards Finding True Lifestyle Balance
What you’ll learn in this interview:
- The tools this lifestyle coach, speaker and writer uses to connect to her audience and save her valuable time
- The 1 course she took that led to her launching her business and becoming a public speaker
- The 2 books she read that changed her perspective on money and improved her confidence to take action
- Her feel-good morning routine
- 2 items that have increased her creativity at home or on the go
How This Lifestyle Coach Runs Her Business Behind The Scenes
1. What do you do? Who do you help?
I help clients move from their pain into their potential through my one-on-one and group coaching programs. I spent 365 days going live on Facebook, connecting to my audience whilst also building a following via my website and other platforms.
I inspire and uplift people through my content and at public events by sharing everything I’ve lived through and learned from. I also provide free weekly support in my Emerging Warrior Group so the members can figure out what’s keeping them stuck and move forward with clarity and confidence.
2. List your favorite business tools.
- Preview – This brings the fun back to setting up my feed so it looks pleasing to the eye, allowing you to re-arrange images, edit in-app and even create your caption ahead of time. Then once you have them ready to go, it’s just a matter of scheduling the posts or going in manually to upload.
- Linktr.ee – The best recommendation I ever had for my Instagram account. This allows you to add more than one link to your bio and easily edit or deactivate visible info so you can drive the focus to where you want it to go online.
- Acuity – This is a great tool to have set up so when potential clients reach out to you online for consultations, etc, you can send them a link to easily schedule a meeting.
- Thinkific – This site allows me to build, edit and sell courses in one platform – check out my courses. I love the freedom of adding in mini quizzes and extras to boost learning and engagement. I’m not a technology wizard, but was able to put together a free intro and paid courses here so I can direct customers to one place.
- Canva – I love this website and app to create logos and edit branded posts and graphics for projects. You can work on projects as a team and they have plenty of formats to adapt images for different social media platforms, emails, and websites.
3. What is a good course, website or book you would recommend and why?
- Evolution Academy – This course gave me the ongoing support, energy, and structure I needed to turn an idea into a business. They walk you through set up, speaking to ideal clients, advertising, good daily routines and how to run a business whilst still in employment. Entrepreneurs are often learning on the go and time poor, so this fits perfectly with my lifestyle and I successfully moved from having a passion for having a brand!
- The Chimp Paradox – If you love the psychology elements of understanding people you will love this. It opened my eyes to how the negative mind chatter was holding me back and how to tame that inner chimp that wants to run the show!
- The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom: Practical and Spiritual Steps So You Can Stop Worrying – The author specializes in supporting women worldwide to take control of their finances. This supported me improve my relationship with money and change the way I think and feel about income, debt, and investments.
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received?
- Abundance is your birthright so work on your mindset until you believe you deserve success without question.
5. What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
- Everyone’s race if there’s to run. Don’t compare just focus on staying in your lane and getting to the finish line.
- When a deal, offer, partnership, product or advice does not feel right to you, follow your gut instinct. Put your effort instead into the paths that light you up inside when you think about taking them.
6. What is your beauty and/or fitness routine?
I mostly use vegan, toxic-free products to suit my sensitive skin and lifestyle preferences. Here is how my morning looks!
- Arbonne Soothing Facial Wash
- Arbonne SPF Anti-Aging Moisturizer (add some serum during winter months)
- Clinique Chubby Lash Mascara
- Coconut Oil for my body and hair
- Moisturizing Lipgloss is a must every day! I don’t mind the brand as long as it’s good for my skin and gives me a super shine pout.
10-15 minutes of meditation, followed by glute stretches and back/arm strengthening exercises with wrist weights. Some days I swap the weights for yoga to add that flexibility as I’m currently recovering from spinal injuries.
7. List the products or items that are indispensable in your life.
- Smartphone Tripod – It extends to different lengths and is easy to put away or travel with. This means if I need to shoot a quick promo video I don’t need someone else to assist!
- Grounding Mat – This allows me to get back to center and stay in a peaceful mode. It boosts my creativity as well as my immune system and great because in a cold wet climate I don’t get much chance to walk barefoot outside!
8. Which female entrepreneur(s) do you look up to and why?
I really adore Rachel Hollis. She spent years making her business a success, going through and learning from all the high and low points. Now she shares her family life, books, and other passions so openly and honestly.
Being able to integrate it all is so inspiring and she is wildly successful because of it. It reminds me you can be profitable whilst being true to yourself.
9. List your social media platforms.
- Instagram @nadinebarrett
- Facebook @NadineBarrett, @JustMeOnLifeCoaching
- Facebook Group @The Emerging Warrior
- LinkedIn @Nadine Barrett
- Website www.justmeonlife.com
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hashtags #justmeonlife #TheEmergingWarrior #SelfCareSundays