Melissa Clark Promotes, Empowers And Inspires Women
What you’ll learn in this interview:
- How she is shifting the dialogue from History to Herstory on The She Shift
- 2 tools she recently discovered that that has helped automate her social media
- The tool she uses to record her podcast
- What she uses for her accounting
- 1 book with advice from 25 successful business women that will change your world
- 6 pieces of invaluable business advice
- 3 women that inspire her
Entrepreneur Interview: How This Author Inspires And Empowers Women
1. What do you do? Who do you help?
Through public relations, business consulting, speaking, resourceful books, among other items, The She Shift’s mission is to help women build their business and authentic self. The She Shift is a platform, voice, and resource for women.
These services are to globally promote, empower and inspire women to take their business to the next level and to have a significant impact on the world.
2. List your favorite business tools.
- Linktree – I recently discovered this great platform. It allows me to share more than one link on my Instagram bio.
- Buffer – a social media scheduling tool, perfect for any busy entrepreneur.
- MailChimp – what I use for my email blasts.
- Zoom – is great for recording podcasts. I like this tool because it is user-friendly and makes my podcast process seamless.
- FreshBooks – for everything to do with my financials and accounting, it is very user-friendly.
3. What is a good course, website or book you would recommend and why?
- How To Make Money As An Influencer – this course outlines exactly how to not only make money on social media but also how to start a proper business.
- The She Shift – my book that includes business advice from 25 successful women, which includes Elaine Rau the founder of LadyBossBlogger!
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received?
- Be authentic in what you do.
- Don’t give up on your dreams.
- The difference between successful people and others is how long they spend feeling sorry for themselves. -Barbara Corcoran
5. What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
- Always follow your passions.
- Always remember your “why”.
- Be authentic and pass on your knowledge to the next generation of female leaders.
6. What is your beauty and/or fitness routine?
- I think moisturizing is very good for my skin, so I moisturize every day.
- I just started cupping and trying the gua sha facial treatment.
I have a simple makeup regimen every day, which consists of a small amount of concealer to even out my skin tone and I like my eye makeup to “waken” up my eyes. I 100% need my lip moisturizer and I like either neutral or bright lip gloss too-depending on the day! These are the products I use:
- HydroPeptide facial moisturizer
- Arbonne liquid foundation
- Revlon eyeshadow (I like “purples” to highlight my green eyes)
- Covergirl mascara
- Almay “Black Raisin” eyeliner (also good for green eyes)
- Mary Kay “Fancy Nancy” lip gloss or N.Y.C. “Soho Shine”
- I go to the gym 6-7 days a week and enjoy lifting weights.
- I believe mental wellness is crucial, so I do all things to reduce stress and negativity in my life, as well as eat healthy, get lots of sleep and take vitamins.
7. List the products or items that are indispensable in your life.
- My phone and it’s only because of my business purposes. When I can be offline, I enjoy resting my mind.
- As opposed to physical items, the intangible things that are indispensable are my self-wellness time, my time with family and enjoyable life experiences.
8. Which female entrepreneur(s) do you look up to and why?
- Marie Forleo because I love her energy and work.
- Sarah Blakely because she built her empire with a simple idea and she supports female entrepreneurs.
- Arianna Huffington because I love her work and mission with Thrive Global.
9. List your social media platforms.
- Instagram @
- Facebook @
- Twitter @