What you’ll learn in this interview:
- The 3 items this copywriter uses to run her business.
- The 1 mini-course that helped her client’s landing page convert at 85%!
- Her acne-fighting skincare and makeup routine.
- The 1 book that finally kicked her coffee addiction.
- The 1 daily productivity tool that even tracks her water intake!
How This Copywriter Helps Business Owners Make Money From Their Emails
1. What do you do? Who do you help?
I work with service-based entrepreneurs, coaches, and course creators to craft compelling copy that attracts clients, makes money, and creates a massive movement online.
Recently, I created The Copy Chat which is an online show that brings together the leading copywriters, business coaches, and online strategists to reveal their proven copy and content strategies.
2. List your favorite business tools.
- Planoly – makes it super simple to visually create that “magazine” feel for your posts and you can even auto-post content as it’s Instagram-approved.
- ConvertKit – makes it effortless to design landing pages and email templates. Tip: change your subject line and resend your emails to un-opens.
- FreshBooks – link your business account, business credit card and easily keep track of all your business expenses, which makes tax time a breeze. Couldn’t run my business without it.
3. What is a good course, website or book you would recommend and why?
- Instagram with Intention – Hillary Rushford’s program got me excited to up-level my Instagram. It, not only helped me consistently gain more likes, but gave me viable tools to authentically connect and grow a loyal following.
- Talking Shrimp’s 60-Minute Makeover Copywriting Mini-Course – with just a few word tweaks, Laura shows you how to make your copy more compelling and money-making. This is gold and it helped me increase one of my client’s landing pages to 85%!
- Ann Handley’s Newsletter – not a course but it feels like one. It’s an absolute must if you’re trying to create compelling copy. Reading this will inspire you to craft more intentional content with Ann’s best tips and access to what’s inspiring her lately, too!
- Capitalize My Title – automatically capitalizes your email subjects, essay, headline, and article titles. I use this site probably 5x a day, at least!
- Copy Hackers – stay up-to-date on the latest copy tools and tips that are converting prospects into clients. Learn about sales pages, email marketing, landing pages, and more.
- The Wellness Project by Phoebe Lapine – reads like a memoir with parts of a love story instead of a “do this, eat this” health book. This is the only wellness book I’ve ever read cover to cover and it finally got me to kick my coffee habit. Switching to tea has been life changing for my gut health.
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received?
If you’re not failing enough, you’re not risking enough.
This was powerful for a recovering perfectionist like me. Once I shifted my mindset to think like this, my business started to skyrocket.
5. What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
- Be intentional and specific in your niche and you’ll attract more of your dream clients.
- Take your weekends off and fill them with the activities you love.
- Write like you talk.
6. What is your beauty and/or fitness routine?
- Erin’s Faces Skincare – charcoal cleanser, clarifying serum, and Tamanu oil are perfect for acne-prone skin while keeping my skin dewy and firm.
- Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint – exceptional coverage but doesn’t feel heavy. Leaves skin looking and feeling radiant. Perfect for acne-prone or sensitive skin. Has SPF 30!
- Tarte Creamy Matte Lip Paint in Birthday Suit – this color is sold exclusively at Sephora. It’s the most flattering nude color that lasts without feeling super sticky or super dry. It’s perfect and I’m constantly giving it as a gift to my girlfriends!
- Working out is my first win of the day. To keep me focused and set the tone for a productive day, I start my workday with a 7 AM fitness class. My classes vary between barre, circuit, and cardio circuit at Fit: To Be in Atlanta. Once a week, I also take a spinning class at Vibe Ride.
7. List the products or items that are indispensable in your life.
- Seize The Day – a daily productivity planner by Annie Taylor Designs that easily helps me plan my projects for the day, as well as my appointments, how I will take time for myself. It even tracks my water intake.
- Mindfulness Bell – a chrome extension I set to go off every hour to remind me to get up from writing to breathe and stretch.
- Lulu Lemon City Adventurer Backpack – I can write from anywhere as long as I have this bag. Separate padded compartment for my laptop, ample space for workout clothes, water bottle, chargers, and keys. Perfect for any weather and super durable!
8. Which female entrepreneur(s) do you look up to and why?
Erika Lyremark is one of my business idols because she doesn’t follow the trends but instead has built a loyal following by using her personality to create a successful, profitable, and fun business.
9. List your social media platforms.
- Instagram @mtoni
- Facebook @MarisaCorcoranCopy
- Twitter @MarisaFratto
- LinkedIn Marisa Fratto Corcoran
- Website www.MarisaCorcoran.com
- Hashtags #MarisaCorcoran #TheCopyChat
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- Angela Ficken Specializes In Working With OCD, Eating Disorders, And Anxiety-Related Concerns - December 5, 2019
- 21 Best Black Friday And Cyber Monday Deals For Online Business Owners - November 29, 2019
- Sianna Elise Honors African Style Through Her Clothing Brand - November 26, 2019
- Jessica Hilderbrand-Marshall Takes Care Of All Your Graphic Design And Marketing Needs - November 24, 2019
- Brooke Allison Helps Ambitious Entrepreneurs Scale Their 6 Figure Businesses - November 19, 2019