How To Successfully Go Live On TikTok
Going live on TikTok is a great way to engage with your followers and gain a larger audience. Whether you’re a growing brand or an influencer on TikTok, lives are a fun and powerful tool on the platform. Having a general idea on how to best approach going live allows you to properly attract users. Here’s a general guide on how to successfully go live on TikTok.
Who can go live?
While all users may want to go live, TikTok has some limitations on who can use this feature. Users must:
- Have over 1,000 followers
- Be over the age of 16
While these limitations may seem unneeded, they allow for the platform to excel. Having a limit on who can go live prevents your for-you-page from becoming clogged with live videos. Also having an age limit makes sure the feature is used responsibly.
How to make have a successful live
1. Make a goal
Before going live, consider what you want to get from going live on TikTok. Are you a brand trying to promote a new product? Or maybe you’re an influencer trying to connect with your followers to increase engagement.
By determining a goal for your live video, you can decide how to best reach this goal. After picking out your objective, choose a topic that will help you achieve this goal. Additionally, make sure it’s entertaining so users want to stay throughout your TikTok Live.
2. Create a game plan
Next, make sure to come up with a game plan before going live on TikTok. This ensures you meet your goals and don’t get off track later on.
You want to consider the following when creating a plan:
- Introduce yourself and/or your brand to the audience
- State the objective of the live
- Plan the content
- Determine your desired duration of the live
Also, be mindful of the time you choose to go live. Start it during a time you think a large portion of users will be active.
3. Promote your live
Before going live, make sure to promote that you’re going live on TikTok. This ensures that your target audience toons in and you reach your desired goal.
Try advertising going live on TikTok in a:
- TikTok video
- Instagram story
- Facebook post
By posting about your TikTok on other platforms, you also increase the chances of users on other platforms beginning to follow your TikTok.
4. Get technical
When going live, the last thing you want is a technical slip-up. By checking on things beforehand, you can make sure it goes smoothly.
One thing to check beforehand is your internet connection. Good wifi prevents your feed from glitching and makes your video run smooth for viewers.
Additionally, make sure the microphone on your device is fully functioning. This allows you to make sure your message gets translated correctly to users.
Also, make sure your space is well light so your vibe looks good and professional to viewers.
Start a live on TikTok
TikTok is a great platform to spread your visibility and going live allows you to do just that. Now that you know how to successfully go live and engage your audience try it out for yourself.
Additional articles you might be interested in:
- How To Get On TikTok’s For You Page
- How To Add Text to Your TikTok Videos And The Benefits
- 4 Critical Instagram Marketing Strategies For Your Small Business
- How To Get Better Results From Your Email Marketing Strategy
- How To Boost Your Business With Instagram Reels
- 10 Marketing Strategies For Small Businesses
- How TikTok Has Managed To Stay Away From Toxicity
- How To Raise The Engagement Level On Your Instagram Business Account
- 5 Reasons To Make A Website For Your Small Business
- How To Discover And Engage Your Target Audience
- How To Use Social Media Marketing To Promote Your Business
- 10 Ways To Promote Your Business For Little Or No Cost
- 5 Ways Your Business Can Benefit From Twitter
- How To Make Money Fast With Facebook Ads: Create The Right Ads
- How To Get Your Account Verified On TikTok
- Why TikTok Is The New Best Influencer App
Alaine Meier is a blogging intern at LadyBossBlogger. She currently attends the College of the Holy Cross and is studying economics and environmental studies.