Caring for clients is Lisa Patel’s number-one priority and she often functions as a property manager, finding and qualifying renters, educating investors on the market and best options across the GTA, or finding that commercial spot, look no further and turning that real estate investment into a winning proposition.
She knows all about how to make the best deal and is one of the top agents at Royal LePage Signature Realty, a brokerage that has been serving people for almost 50 years.
What motivated and inspired you to start your own business?
As an entrepreneur, I am thankful as I am a third generation entrepreneur. I was born into a family of two inspiring entrepreneurs. I am also in a state that according to McGraw Hill and Ryerson says 1 in 4 entrepreneur children become entrepreneurs.
Sure enough out of 4 kids, I was the daring entrepreneur. I knew I was going to do something big one day. As a child, I started my own ventures such as, selling gift-wrap and bubble gum to kids in school and running a candy shop.
From there I moved on to running a wedding and event business, then moving later in life to the mortgage industry and within the last 10 years have been working as the Property Princess who knows everything about Real Estate.
Tell us about your business.
As an entrepreneur, we have a strong dynamic team know as the Property Princess who is an icon and image of a girl that loves her real estate as much as her bling!
Are you currently running any promos/contests/giveaways that you would like our readers to know about?
We run several contests each year our next contest will be our holiday giveaways. We love to learn and grow and help others do the same by giving away Chapters-Indigo gifts cards, so stay tuned!
Our team has had many successes, including being on CBC, CTV several times, being featured in a special edition in the National Post. For the last 9 years, I’ve been a Royal Lepage Award recipient based on sales.
Other awards and accomplishments include: Top 30 under 30 with Ryerson University and being in McGraw Hill Text Book on Small Business Management and Entrepreneurship. I have been in several articles and featured stories.
We love sharing knowledge and helping not only to serve the highest good, but give back in every moment we can in which we also have been featured in 2 books by Andris Poinis.
I have several awards and recognition for volunteer work back to the real estate board TREB. As well as being a speaker at the University of Toronto on Women in Business and speaking at Ryerson University for Ted Rogers School of Business.
Where is your business based?
Toronto, Ontario – We have a team across the GTA! But are now connecting globally.
What were the first few steps you took to get your business up and running?
- Reach out to who you know
- Write down what communities you serve
- Then list out how to market to those communities and what’s going to be unique about your business in order to capture people’s attention
What has been the most effective way of raising awareness of your business and getting new customers?
We focus on a few different strategies that we call our daily do’s:
- Social media engagement and posts on all channels
- Canada-post regular monthly mailers
- Handwritten cards
- Warm calls to the database
- Cold calls (prospecting)
- Monthly email newsletters
- Monthly video broadcasts
- Social events
What have been your biggest challenges so far?
The challenge each year is always government intervention as it gets in the way of lots of things. However, I don’t let that impact my goals and priorities and encourage it as an opportunity.
How did you overcome these challenges?
- Stay focused
- Practice my daily do’s
- Keep marketing
How do you keep motivated through difficult times?
- Meditation is my source, connecting back to intentions.
- Stress and things can happen at any time, having that reminder of looking at the situation in the bigger picture and staying calm and positive.
- Being in the know that the universe is aligned.
How do you distinguish yourself from your competitors?
We bring a wholesome, fun, relationship and full-service experience. Every day it’s about wearing different hats from being a teacher, to a counselor, to a therapist to the knowledgeable agent. We put energy into everything/everyone we encounter to work with and serve.
What is the best advice you have received recently?
The best advice I received recently was to stay true to myself and be the best authentic version of me that I can be. It was a reminder to stay focused on what I believe in and to follow my soul’s calling.
What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
Believe in you, remind yourself how much you love you and be clear on your intentions.
What are your favorite business tools/resources and why?
We utilize social media in every aspect that we can, with profiles from LinkedIn all the way to Twitter and Pinterest.
We also feel that our CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system by Buffini and our dialer system by MojoSells is invaluable.
Trello is also a great means for management.
What is a good article or book you have read recently?
- The Universe Has Your Back: Transform Fear to Faith
- Playing the Matrix: A Program for Living Deliberately and Creating Consciously
- How to Be a People Magnet: Finding Friends – and Lovers – and Keeping Them for Life
- Leadership on the Line, With a New Preface: Staying Alive Through the Dangers of Change
- The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams & Reaching Your Destiny
- You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth
- The Crossroads of Should and Must: Find and Follow Your Passion
What are you currently learning about for your business or looking for help with?
We look at every moment as a learning and growing opportunity, as for now our focus is on increasing our engagement on social media and obtaining leads.
What are your goals for the next few months and how are you striving to achieve them?
Reverting back to the business plan at all times. Staying consistent is the key; this is a year whereby conversion rates take longer and its just staying in the game and being consistent.
What social media outlets do you use? List them below.
Email Lisa@propertyprincess.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hashtags #propertyprincess #lisapatel #RLPSignature #RLp #GTA #GTAREALTOR
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- Michelle Knight Helps Others In The World Of Debits And Credits - January 21, 2019
- Louise Reid Helps High-Achieving Moms Redefine Motherhood - January 19, 2019
- Microblading v.s. Ombre Powder Brows - January 17, 2019
- Heather Havenwood Helps Women Double Their Business By Being An Influencer Instead Of An Expert - January 17, 2019
- Karine Melissa Helps People Fulfill Their Purpose In Life - January 15, 2019