How To Develop Irresistible And Original Lead Magnets
Canva is an awesome resource to use when creating the visuals for your lead magnets.
It includes a variety of free features, but they also have a paid membership if you’re looking for more customization.
Whether you have a lead magnet in mind or you are brainstorming some ideas, Canva has over 50,000 templates and you’re guaranteed to find what you’re looking for!
1. Brainstorm ideas
There are many different types of lead magnets you can create, some of which you are probably very familiar with or are even already implementing.
Here are some of our favorite lead magnet ideas that can be easily made in Canva!
And if your lead magnet is a different medium such as a webinar, ebook, podcast, free trial, quiz, etc. you can create the marketing graphics for these in Canva as well!
All of these are great options, but you must make them your own. Think about your brand and what makes you stand out from others in your niche.
Is there a way you can incorporate the uniqueness of your mission into the lead magnets you’re creating?
Meanwhile, if you ever get stuck and need feedback on ones you’ve created, reach out to friends and family for their opinions.
Additionally, reaching out to some of your favorite bloggers for advice is a great way to get professional advice, and most of the time, they are extremely flattered and excited to help.
2. Design in Canva
Canva has an incredible amount of templates to choose from.
Some of the templates already have text, in which case, you swap out the information with your own.
On the other hand, some are just blank, allowing you to fill in your own text.
I recommend looking through the example templates they offer and then using your new knowledge and ideas to create your own.
Whether you’re using one of their templates or creating your own, you can customize everything from backgrounds to fonts, colors, images, elements, and everything in between.
3. Focus on content
Content is the most important part when you develop your lead magnets.
This is your first chance at getting a prospective customer to see a glimpse into your brand and the products or services you provide.
Be sure you’re creating quality content, but don’t just focus on it being perfect.
Lead magnets are constant trials of what your audience is and isn’t liking. That means you can always go back and tweak things or change your magnet all together.
If you keep putting off creating one, set aside an hour or two of time today to develop a few quality lead magnets. Then narrow it down to which one you want to use.
Look it over and tweak some things tomorrow, then get it on your site.
4. Choose a location on your website
To collect leads, your lead magnet must be seen!
Believe it or not, there are several places you can place your lead magnet for it to be successful.
Here are some of the best places for them:
- Blog posts: You can add them to the bottom of blog posts that are related to the magnet.
- Banner: A banner at the top of a website is a great way to subtly make a statement without overcrowding your pages.
- Sidebar: A great home for your lead magnets to live more permanently.
- Pop-ups: They capture your reader’s attention and boldly make a statement. These are perfect for having on each page of your website because you can make them appear within a set time of someone entering your site.
We hope that this guide helps you produce incredible lead magnets to grow your business bigger than ever before!
Additional articles you might be interested in:
- 5 Innovative Techniques That Will Captivate Potential Buyer’s Attention
- What Are Lead Magnets And Why Do You Need To Create Them?
- 5 Tips To Get More Customers
- How Strategic Content Converts To Email Subscriptions And Sales
- 12 Most Profitable Niches For Making Money Online
- How To Get More Data From Your Leads And Customers
Fran Kolars is a blogging intern for LadyBossBlogger. She is currently working towards her bachelor’s degree in Retail Merchandising and Interior Design at the University of Minnesota. Blogging is an interest of hers that was sparked by her passion for mental health, self-care, and motivation for women.