Kim Boudreau Smith is a business transformation consultant who helps women grow their business organically to live with more time and freedom. Kim has been an entrepreneur for over twenty-five years and was formally the CEO and founder of Bold Radio Station, a VIP hosting service for entrepreneurs to host their radio show without all the stress. With all of her experience, Kim supports women to help them save money, eliminate overwhelm and live life on their terms.
What motivated and inspired you to start your own business?
I was a successful corporate woman, but I felt like I was always in a cage. I have a love for fitness, so my fitness business fell into my lap 28 years ago and I launched an online business 7 years ago. I worked both jobs for a year and a half before taking the plunge and walking away from my corporate career. I wanted a business where I didn’t have to leave my home, so I became certified as a business coach to help other women have successful and thriving businesses.
Tell us about your business.
I recently sold Bolf Radio Station, an internet station I founded for business owners to host their own shows. After doing that, I launched a natural wellness and lifestyle blog called “the CEO of URself”. I cover topics on personal and professional wellness, faith & spirituality and a mix of lifestyle topics. I also do business consulting for women business owners and am also currently managing my local fitness business in Michigan. Finally, I am also a speaker and a published author.
- International Coaching Certification through the International Coaching Academy
- Developed and launched an Internet Radio Station for 5 years
- Spoke internationally
- 7 time international best selling author
- Contributing writer for The Missing Piece Magazine and The Teen Mentor
- Produced and recorded a fitness video
- I have helped numerous amount of women achieve their goals
Where is your business based?
What were the first few steps you took to get your business up and running?
- My fitness business: I was approached by a gym to train other women, my knowledge and dedication to fitness got me started.
- Online business: I stepped into my certification and then went from there.
What has been the most effective way of raising awareness of your business and getting new customers?
Social media, publishing and word of mouth.
What have been your biggest challenges so far?
Forgiving and accepting myself where I am right now.
How did you overcome these challenges?
My faith and my friends support me.
How do you keep motivated through difficult times?
I get outdoors and hike with my dogs, meditate, journal and read. I lean on my faith as well as my friends. They are there for me as well as I for them.
How do you distinguish yourself from your competitors?
I do not work in a “common mode” for coaching or consulting. I am able to understand and feel what my clients are experiencing, so I provide custom consulting based upon their needs, wants and desires. Often they want to expand their business when their personal foundation actually needs strengthening. I can hear and see this and ask for permission to work on this with them. If they do not want to, then I know she isn’t an ideal client and I am not the one to help.
What is the best advice you have received recently?
Stay focused, be true to YOURSELF and do not worry about the numbers or money, it will all come in time! Breathe!
What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
- Make sure your passion is YOUR passion and not what someone else is thinking or suggesting.
- Get tough and align yourself up with other like-minded people.
- Invest money into your business to grow it.
- Do not quit! Get support, hire a business consultant and stay true to YOU!
- “Be YOU everyone else is taken.” -Oscar Wilde
What are your favorite business tools/resources and why?
I have quite a few, one of them is Microsoft Outlook! I color code all my appointments which is synced with my iPad and phone. I also like using my notebook and sharpies.
What is a good article or book you have read recently?
- “Spirit Driven Success” by Dani Johnson.
- “You’re a Badass” by Jen Sincero.
- “God@Work” by Rich Marshall.
- “The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho.
- “The Four Agreements” by Don Miguel Ruiz.
These are just a few!
What are you currently learning about for your business or looking for help with?
I am learning a lot about the Blogging World and am currently seeking out readers for my blog. I have connected with some amazing bloggers and am currently working with one to help “place me on a faster learning curve”, so to speak!
What are your goals for the next few months and how are you striving to achieve them?
- I am attending a conference to connect with brands and other bloggers to help increase my social media presence.
- Contract my services as a resident blogger and business consultant to help businesses with their social media, marketing, and overall business challenges.
What social media outlets do you use? List them below.
Facebook @kboudreausmith, @KimBoudreauSmith