What you’ll learn in this interview:
- The 10 tools this travel blogger uses for branding
- The 1 social media tool that took her Instagram from average to beautiful
- The 1 book that showed her how to build a powerful and efficient network
- The 1 airplane read that taught her the definition of a woman’s worth
- The 2 pieces of advice EVERY entrepreneur needs to hear
- Her 5-minute makeup routine
- The key ingredient in tackling the #1 sign of aging
How This Full Time Travel Blogger Runs Her Business Behind The Scenes
1. What do you do? Who do you help?
Juanita D. shows fabulous jet-setting women and women who love travel, unique destinations and self-care while abroad.
I provide women with ideas for girl trips, essential travel tips, skincare and self-care both in-flight and abroad at www.thebeautifulwanderluster.com.
2. List your favorite business tools.
- Preview – when creating a brand it’s important to be aethestically pleasing. Preview allows you to create a mood board for future posts.
- Latergram – Let’s acknowledge that face that we all have busy lives. Simplify your schedule by scheduling posts in advance.
- SmarterQueue – automatic social media scheduling for Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Mailchimp – is user friendly and an inexpensive way to send newsletters to your e-mail list. The service is free up until 2000 e-mail subscribers.
- GenM – allows you to hire student professionals for graphic design, social media, multimedia and copywriting etc. You get 40 hours of credit ranging from $110 – $149.00. In exchange, student professionals receive a professional recommendation from you + it’s a resume booster.
- ColorStory App – for ios and android, this app creates vibrancy in photos and enriches your photos colors
- YouCam App – for ios and android, this app allows you to make simple quick fixes for your own post-worthy selfies. (i.e. whitens teeth, gives face a smooth polished finished) *Don’t go to crazy with this ladies. A little nip and tuck to a photo never hurts but keep it simple and keep it true to your beautiful selves.
3. What is a good course, website or book you would recommend and why?
- B-school – created by Marie Forleo, this course teaches clarity, brand strategizing, and marketing.
- Instagram Domination – Foundr Magazine shows you how they scaled their Instagram growth to over 1 million followers with tried and true techniques.
- Pinfinite Growth – teaches how to grow your e-mail list utilizing pins
- How to Win Friends and Influence People – teaches super-duper powerful tools in building your network
- The 4-Hour Workweek – teaches productivity, how to escape the typical 9-5 and work from anywhere in the world
- Why Men Love B*tches – A great airplane read, this book is one of the most powerful books I’ve ever read. While I’m not a fan of the b-word the content of this book is phenomenal. It’s witty and a must for every smart independent woman. It is powerfully feminine, reinforcing a woman’s value in a relationship and more importantly shows women how to navigate romantic relationships with equality, dignity and fulfillment.
- Mama Gena’s School of the Womanly Arts – teaches women self-care and how to invest in our biggest assets, ourselves. It is profoundly empowering.
- 50 Most Beautiful Island of the World – if you’re looking for travel inspiration or a great coffee table book for your bachelorette pad this book is filled with beautiful photography and rich details about each island you may want to visit someday
- LadyBossBlogger.com – shows entrepreneurs how to grow their brands, social media and business presence
- Just a Girl and Her Blog – teaches organization at home which is key to creating a positive at home creative work environment
- AmbassadHer – if you’re looking to connect with brands that are relevant to your audience, you can peruse the AmbassadHer’s list of brands and apply to the ones you’d like to collaborate with.
- Brown Girl Bloggers – offers tons of free resources for bloggers in addition to paid blog critiques from professional blogger
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received?
- Do not underestimate the power of networking! While WHAT you know is important sometimes it’s WHO you know that creates an opportunity.
- It’s not always about the size of your tribe but the quality. There is not point of having 100k followers who are not the right audience vs having 20k followers who like your posts, subscribe to your feed and buy your products. Quality > quantity. “Your number of followers does not make you better than anyone else. Hitler had millions, Jesus had 12.”
5. What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
- Never compare yourself to others. We each have been given our own path, do not compare your worst day to someone else’s best day. Look ahead to your own path, not at your peers, and you’ll get to you desired destination.
- If someone else’s success makes you uncomfortable or envious it’s a sign that you are not happy with where you are.
- Step 1: Recognize why you’re feeling the way you are.
- Step 2: Change it.
6. What is your beauty and/or fitness routine?
5 MINUTE BEAUTY ROUTINE
- STEP 1: (0:00 – 0:30) Apply Eye Cream + Apply Moisturizer
- Let eye care (0:30 – 1:00) Let eye cream and moisturizer absorb into skin
- STEP 2: (1:00 – 2:00) Apply SPF 30 or more and let sit skin absorb for 30s
- The #1 cause of aging is the sun. Combat free radicals and sun damage by investing in broad spectrum SPF protection.
- Choose a brand that specifies UVA + UVB protection.
- Choose a lotion over a cream for a more lightweight feel.
- STEP 3: (2:00 – 3:00) Apply Bare Minerals Loose Powder Foundation (2:45 – 3:00) Gently groom eyebrows using eyebrow gel
- STEP 4: (3:00 – 3:15) Apply Mac Lipglass Lip Gloss
- For a natural but glamorous touch that lasts all day Lipglass is a must-have product.
- For those of you who are worried about it not staying on this product is higher quality than the standard drugstore brand and is made to shine and last all day.
- STEP 5: (3:15 – 3:45) Apply Maybelline Mascara (use eyelash curler before application)
- For length and definition Maybelline’s Lash Sensational line adds definition and volume.
- STEP 6: (3:45 – 4:00) Apply Ben-Nye Setting Powder with a fluffy brush all over face
- STEP 7: (4:00 – 5:00) Take any extra time to complete the previous steps
- Skip the expensive personal trainer.
- Eat clean and train the right way will get you the results you want much faster.
- While many in person trainers are expensive and don’t always have a background in nutrition Bodybuilding.com has a plethora of trainers that will put you on a workout and food regimen for less than $10 a month. You can choose which trainer you think is best and follow his/her program.
- My online trainer Jamie Eason pairs clean and delicious eating with moderate intensity weight training and light cardio. If you’re like me you may prefer moderate training to high intensity training. Trainers also offer at home workout sessions for those of you who can’t make it to the gym, so there is no excuse!
7. List the products or items that are indispensable in your life.
- My Planner – Time is precious ladies, if it’s not on your schedule it’s not going to happen. Schedule everything from work to downtime. Be in control of your valuable hours.
- My Period App – While traveling a lot, it’s imperative to get a heads ups before my cycle. This app is sleek and concise it it’s design.
- Noonlight App – Noon app is free safety app for women in any state. If you find yourself having to walk down a dark alley or sketchy street to get home or to your car, you can tap the safety button and release it once you feel safe. You release it by entering a pin you specified. Once safe you get a safety confirmation from the app. If there is an actual emergency do not enter your pin. Within 10 seconds your local police department will be alerted and given your location.
- Water Bottle – It’s important to stay hydrated at all times. (plus it’s a must for flawless skin) Check out the Que collapsible water bottle. It’s lightweight, collapsible and X great for travel.
8. Which female entrepreneur(s) do you look up to and why?
- Jacqueline Nwobu – CEO and founder of Munaluchi Bride Jacqueline left her 9-5 job to turn her creative passion into a business. Munaluchi has over 250k followers and serves as a community for brides. Jacqueline’s story exemplifies how every day women can turn their passions into a profitable long-term business.
- Gary Pepper Girl – is a fashion icon that is far beyond a pretty face. She touches on everything from travel and exploring our beautiful world to philanthropy and giving back to communities. She embodies and graciously lives up to the old adage “To Whom Much is Given, Much is Expected.”
- Lisa Vanderpump – is a serial entrepreneur who has created beautiful and unapologetically feminine brands that cater to women. Known for her elegant and glamorous style, Lisa has used her platform for the betterment of various causes. She is an avid animal rights activist.
9. List your social media platforms.
- Instagram @the_beautiful_wanderluster, @glamorousbyjuanita
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website www.thebeautifulwanderluster.com
- Pinterest @Beautiful_Wanderluster
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- Jennie Fahn Uses Humor And Relatability To Help People - May 15, 2019
- Michelle Fee Helps Globetrotters Live Out Their Travel Dreams - May 13, 2019
- Beth Kennedy Helps People Recharge Their Careers - May 11, 2019
- Temi Ibekwe Helps Businesses Build And Sustain Success Driven Perception In Their Markets - May 10, 2019
- Hailey Robertson Designs Powerful Brands And Websites For Small Business Owners - May 7, 2019