Jessica Hilderbrand-Marshall Takes Care Of All Your Graphic Design And Marketing Needs
1. One sentence that describes what you do…
I help my clients achieve all of their graphic design, marketing, and promotional aspirations. I created a unique design firm and believe in helping my clients 100% and letting them get back to their own business by taking control of all of their creative needs… without lifting a finger.
They provide us with the details and payment… we do the rest.
2. The first thing I do when I wake up…
I spent 10 minutes speaking positivity. light and success into my day while petting my two dogs and cat.
Then I drag myself into the bathroom, get myself showered and dressed for the day, grabbing a piping hot cup of Tazo Tea and sit down at my desk to start my day.
3. The quote I live by…
“Be who you are and say how you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” – Dr. Suess.
This goes so much for business as it does for personal reasons. My company is not for everyone, and my business practices are a lot different than what is out there that provide the same type of services.
We show our true colors in every project that we have by preparing designs with heart, having customer service that is exceptional and caring and finished products that always exceed our client’s expectations… but it all comes down to being authentic, real and truthful.
4. My favorite business tools are…
- I use Quickbooks for accounting
- Monday for Project management with my design team
- Skype to be in instant communication with my clients and teams
- WordPress and Wix for my websites
- GotPrint, BannerBuzz, StickerMule, CustomComet and Silkworm Inc. for all of my promotional and print needs
- I can’t live without my Apple products (iMac, iPhone X, iPad) and Wacom Tablet
- Helpscout helps me daily with one of my longterm/daily jobs and Google Suite and Dropbox are crucial to my team for sharing information, working on projects and keeping everything in line
5. On my bookshelf, you will find…
Draplin Designs Co. – Pretty Much Everything – Aaron Draplin is one of the founders of successful graphic design. He has made his mark in the design world, almost from day 1 and there is so much to learn from him.
The book was given to me as a gift from a friend and fellow entrepreneur who told me to read it and find out everything I could at the start of my career.
It’s definitely been interesting following Aarons’s success and life in the design realm.
6. Every woman needs to try this at least once…
Leggings. I know, I know… cliche, but honestly, once I found them, they made my life 100% more amazing.
I spend 80% of my day sitting in front of 3 computer screens and I was searching for a way to be fashionable yet comfortable, especially when I had to run out of my home office for meetings… go get you a pair or 100.
7. My favorite beauty brands and items…
- Cetaphyl Face Mask
- Neutralize Renewal Complex
- Tigi Bedhead Ego Boost
- Eucerin Bar Soap
- Cetaphil Lotions
I don’t wear makeup because of so many skin issues that I have, but these items are a staple for me.
8. The best piece of advice I’ve ever received…
Being defeated is not permanent… giving up is what makes it permanent.
I have always had a large sense of purpose in life. I always feel like I need to do things that are worthy of something… time, love, success, money. That makes it really hard to stay down when I am in a losing battle.
Each battle may come with defeat, but I have continually risen from the ashes and moved onward and upward… one day I will be on that mountain top of success… until then, I will gladly continue to trudge and push my way there but only on good morals and ethics.
9. Daily things you do in your business…
My uniquely cultivated design team and I help customers design, manufacture, print and receive all of their creative projects at Salvaged Soul Designs.
We strive to provide excellent service and skills to all of our clients and make sure that they have zero to do after they put their trust in us. We take care of everything… they just provide the approval and payment… we do the rest and make sure it comes directly to our client’s door.
Custom Comet is another long term project that I have been working on with a friend and client of mine for many years. Our small team is spread out across the US and provides design and customer support for all of the customers who are looking for unique and affordable coffee sleeves, drink coasters and air fresheners.
10. List all your social media platforms…
- Facebook @jessica.hilderbrand, @salvagedsouldesigns, @customcomet
- Instagram @salvaged_soul_designs, @customcometcom
- Twitter @SalvagedSoulDzn, @customcomet
- Pinterest SalvagedSoulDesign
- LinkedIn Jessica Marshall
- Dribbble Jessica Marshall