What motivated and inspired you to start your own business?
After completing my Master’s Degree in Education and my daughters left for college, I felt like I needed another activity to keep me busy.
The movie “Julie and Julia” introduced me to the world of blogging. The joy of helping people with my blog drove me to turn coaching and freelance writing into a business. More information about why I started my blog which turned into a business can be found here.
Tell us about your business.
- I offer consultation services for bloggers, marketers and authors looking to boost their online success.
- I offer 7 services designed to boost growth in the areas of blogging, social media, and monetization.
- My Menu of Services can be found here.
I am also a freelance writer. People sponsor my articles about blogging tools and websites.
Are you currently running any promos/contests/giveaways that you would like our readers to know about?
Yes! New subscribers are eligible for a 25% discount on my blog coaching services. Also, I choose one winner a month to receive a free blog consultation. Only subscribers are eligible!
- My blog was nominated as the Most Informative Blog in 2017 at the Bloggers Bash held in London.
- I authored AN INSIDER’S GUIDE FOR BUILDING A SUCCESSFUL BLOG.
- I was selected to host a Twitter chat.
Where is your business based?
I work out of my home in Santa Clarita, Caliornia.
What were the first few steps you took to get your business up and running?
Created a self-hosted website and a Hire Me Page.
What has been the most effective way of raising awareness of your business and getting new customers?
As I explain in my post which reflects on my third year of blogging – people found me!
I became high-profile by boosting my Twitter following and following basic SEO tips. That’s where people found me and offered me financial opportunities on Twitter and Google.
What have been your biggest challenges so far?
Finding time to do all that successful blogging entails along with finding time to fulfill monetization opportunities.
How did you overcome these challenges?
- I work faster
- I charge more
- I plan ahead
How do you keep motivated through difficult times?
I have a supportive husband who gives me pep talks.
How do you distinguish yourself from your competitors?
I’m a teacher. I have a Master’s Degree in Education. Therefore, I am able to explain complicated concepts better than others. At least, that’s what my readers tell me.
What is the best advice you have received recently?
Take advantage of free time to blog ahead.
What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
Negotiate your prices. You will get return business and traffic from search engines. Therefore, accepting lower prices will pay off in the long run.
What are your favorite business tools/resources and why?
- Canva has helped me lately with Instagram posts. Their free photos are amazing which is needed for Instagram. Also, Canva has the right dimensions for Twitter for my blog graphics.
- Missinglettr makes my social media campaigns for me. Here is more information about Missinglettr.
- Buffer schedules my Instagram and Twitter posts.
What is a good article or book you have read recently?
“How to Win Friends and Influence People”. I will blog about the book soon.
What are you currently learning about for your business or looking for help with?
How to host a webinar.
What are your goals for the next few months and how are you striving to achieve them?
Get ahead on the blogging. I will blog ahead during my free time.
What social media outlets do you use? List them below.
Facebook Page www.facebook.com/mycurrentnewsblog
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- Angela De Souza Helps Business Women Network - January 15, 2020
- How To Use Vinyl To Advertise Your Business - January 7, 2020
- Andrea Dotterer Helps Women Entrepreneurs Create An Authentic Social Media Presence - January 7, 2020
- Jackie Kossoff Helps Entrepreneurs Generate More Profit In Their Businesses - January 1, 2020
- Morgan Rogers Handcrafts Lashes That Cater Exclusively To Glamorous Girls - December 28, 2019