Genesis Hey helps people start anew by giving them the tools they need in order to help them create the lifestyle they desire where they can thrive. Genesis is a life empowerment strategist, mommypreneur, and is always aspiring to learn something new. She has 2 boys and another child on the way, is married to an amazing husband and loves to read, write and run! God plays a significant role in all of her endeavors and she thanks Him for all her successes.
What motivated and inspired you to start your own business?
As a busy working mother building my business, I understand the challenges and obstacles that many working mothers experience on a daily basis.
Tell us about your business.
For my personal coaching practice, I work mainly with moms trying to balance their life every day between the busyness of caring for a household, running an effective business and taking care of their children. I help my clients bring everything together full circle.
- I help individuals identify next ACTION steps that need to be taken NOW!
- I help clients achieve quick-paced results through strategic planning and goal setting.
- I coach clients to achieve the maximum potential of every day by maintaining a happy household, including precious time shared with the spouse and children.
- I help people reach optimum results with career goals on a daily basis while staying healthy in the process of it all.
- I help people achieve clarity through daily disciplines including life balancing strategies, strategic planning, life management and relationship building techniques.
When working with organizations, I provide specialized training to organizations looking to create long-lasting changes. After working with 1000’s of clients, I provide a passionate voice to the strategies, solutions, and mindsets that set organizations and businesses apart from their competition.
As a speaker, trainer or coach – I know what it takes to both motivate teams and individuals – and give them the skills they need to work at their highest potential and find vital life balance.
Are you currently running any promos/contests/giveaways that you would like our readers to know about?
For a limited time, I’m providing a FREE 30 minute breakthrough strategy session to those ready to make some serious life changes, which is a $300 value. Additionally, grab your free Life Balance Checklist and request a 1-on-1 discovery call!
- Certified Life and Career Coach through Life Purpose Institute.
- Appeared on Experience Pros as a guest which is a nationally syndicated radio program.
- I have an undergrad in Marketing and a Master’s in Organizational Leadership.
- I am also the winner of the 2014 Business Competition where entrepreneurs compete by sharing a sales pitch to a large group of judges and receive a significant sum of money.
- I have a YouTube channel called Shine on Women showcasing mommy entrepreneurs who share their gift with the world and also a podcast that is called Shine on Women.
- I have published two books, “Unleash Your Potential” which reveals success strategies for strategic planning and goal setting and “Shine On” which is a 60 day devotional helping women to discover their worth in Christ.
- I am already working on my next book which I hope to have published by next summer.
Where is your business based?
My business is based out of the Chicagoland area, but I am always willing to travel to share my message and expertise.
What were the first few steps you took to get your business up and running?
I had the intention of wanting to help as many women as possible. My “why” was well-defined and I was super motivated so taking the initial steps to get started was easy. I created an action plan for myself, set strategic goals and worked with a business coach to help me hold myself accountable and to get me really clear on how I wanted to proceed.
What has been the most effective way of raising awareness of your business and getting new customers?
The most effective way of raising awareness and getting new customers has been to be consistently create content and put it out on multiple platforms. I personally use YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and have a podcast at this point.
The more platforms you have the more potential customer reach.
What have been your biggest challenges so far?
Rising above the noise. There are many distractions everywhere that try to prevent us from achieving our greatest potential. They can take you away from your mission if you let them. As someone that has a higher calling, I know you can’t allow those distractions to interfere with your daily disciplines.
How did you overcome these challenges?
Developing strong, strategic time management skills and prioritizing all of my actions throughout the day. At the end of every day, I reflect on my WINS and am able to determine whether or not each day was successful. When I discovered certain things that were holding me back I eliminated them from my schedule and routine.
My life became much easier to manage when I released the productivity killers. When working with my clients I share with them even if they took even a small set of action steps for a day, they still made progress and that is what it is all about.
How do you keep motivated through difficult times?
I always have results at the forefront of what I am trying to accomplish and remember that nothing that’s significant or exceptional comes easy. I know what I want and I know why I want to do it so the key is to just continue persevering no matter what is thrown at me.
How do you distinguish yourself from your competitors?
When I initially start working with my clients, I like to think of myself as a new beginning for them – helping them to completely start from scratch. My name, Genesis, means beginning, which has had a significant impact on the “why” behind what I do. With a new beginning, my clients can have a fresh perspective on life and get clarity and attain success like never before. Instead up picking up the pieces, we develop a whole new plan of action.
What is the best advice you have received recently?
Having a podcast can change your life and your brand. It is another great platform to use to build awareness and create exposure for your business. I recently launched mine called “Shine on Women.”
What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
- The world is your oyster and the possibilities are endless.
- If you don’t pursue something you will never know what could have happened.
- I never want to have that regret in my life where I wish I would have tried something and I didn’t even try.
- Go for it, take risks and remember that every challenge is something to be learned from.
What are your favorite business tools/resources and why?
- The Dragon Diction App for helping me to write content on the go. Instead of writing something down, I speak into it, which saves me time.
- Click Funnels I use quite frequently to build my email list and it provides stats which are very helpful to see the success you’re having through your online marketing platforms.
- YouCanBook.me is great because I can direct people there to set up discovery calls without me having to do any work. My schedule is listed and the potential client picks a date.
What is a good article or book you have read recently?
“What Happy Working Mothers Know: How New Findings in Positive Psychology Can Lead to a Healthy and Happy Work/Life Balance” by Cathy Greenberg and Barrett Avigdor. Great Book!!
What are you currently learning about for your business or looking for help with?
I am currently learning that daily discipline is key to any successful endeavor and that the more organized one can be, the more goals he/she can achieve.
What you do daily becomes your life.
Every hour in the day matters so spend it wisely.
What are your goals for the next few months and how are you striving to achieve them?
I am going to be offering a group coaching program in the early spring to women entrepreneurs who are seeking to build their business and manage a successful household. My program will be based on helping them find life balance, spending more time with family, attain more income and increase opportunity for success through relationships by providing strategies that produce results.
What social media outlets do you use? List them below.
Instagram @genesisspeaks, @shineonwomen
Facebook Group www.facebook.com/
Hashtags #genesisspeaks #shineonwomen #womenempowerment, #lifebalance #womenentreprenurs #christianwomenentreprenuers
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- Aliz Löcsei Helps People Master Tennis - February 24, 2020
- How To Monetize Your Influence: Taught By Award-Winning Influencer Elaine Rau - February 21, 2020
- From Zero Luck To 20 Brand Deals In One Week - February 20, 2020
- Federica Attanasio And Federica Pecis Help Female Entrepreneurs Succeed Through The Power Of Digital Marketing - February 19, 2020
- Jessica Osborn Helps Professional Women Build Scalable And Profitable Service Businesses - February 16, 2020