Eileen Doyon started her book series as a healing project after her dad passed away in 2011 of lung cancer. Since then, she has published six books, with a seventh one on its way. Two of her books have been on Amazon’s best sellers list. Unforgettable Faces and Stories is a growing community of readers and storytellers of everyday people.
What motivated and inspired you to start your own business?
After releasing my first two books, the feedback was overwhelming from people – first with reading my series, and second of being able to be a storyteller.
Tell us about your business.
Unforgettable Faces and Stories gives everyday people an opportunity to become storytellers. I have a particular theme and people submit their stories for an opportunity to have their story published. My motto is “YOUR story told by YOU!”
Are you currently running any promos/contests/giveaways that you would like our readers to know about?
FREE copy of my book The Second My Life Changed Forever.
- LIKE the picture below we have posted on Instagram and TAG 3 friends.
- Once you do, you will automatically be entered to win.
- Winner will be chosen on June 29th and announced on the LadyBossBlogger Instagram page.
Eileen Doyon’s series is Unforgettable Faces and Stories. I have released six books,
- Dedications: Dads and Daughters/2013
- Keepsakes; Treasures from the Heart/2013
- Best Friends: Forever and Ever/2013
- Pet Tales: Unconditional Love/2014 (listed on Amazons Best Sellers list)
- Letters To Heaven/2015 (also listed on Amazons Best Sellers list)
- And most recently, The Second My Life Changed Forever
Where is your business based?
I currently live in Portsmouth, NH and work on my book series from home.
What were the first few steps you took to get your business up and running?
I had my idea/dream and just started! As something came up for the next step, I figured it out by asking and researching.
What has been the most effective way of raising awareness of your business and getting new customers?
The most effective way for me to raise awareness of my book series has been social media and networking.
What have been your biggest challenges so far?
I feel my biggest challenge is not being able to do more stories and books to reach more people.
How did you overcome these challenges?
I keep going and going. Never quit!
How do you keep motivated through difficult times?
I have been through hell with my father’s death and everything else is not difficult in the larger picture of things. It is all perspective.
How do you distinguish yourself from your competitors?
I feel like I have no competitors. As an author, we as people are individuals with different personality traits.
What is the best advice you have received recently?
Follow your dreams!
What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
Just start and keep going.
What are your favorite business tools/resources and why?
Listening to people.
What is a good article or book you have read recently?
There are so many. I read articles especially online every day to learn and grow.
What are you currently learning about for your business or looking for help with?
I am looking to expand my reach by taking the next step with my series.
What are your goals for the next few months and how are you striving to achieve them?
My goal within the next few months is to release my next book in August, Starting Over: Stories of New Beginnings. That is where my attention will be for sure!
What social media outlets do you use? List them below.
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- Natalie Young Documents The Process Of Creating Side Hustles Through Social Media - June 30, 2019
- How To Maximize The Benefits Of Printed Marketing Materials - June 26, 2019
- Anya Overmann Creates Strategic Content For Small Businesses - June 18, 2019
- Emma Norris Helps Businesses And Bloggers Generate Quality Leads - June 7, 2019
- 10 Traits Successful Bloggers Have - May 30, 2019