What you’ll learn in this interview:
- 7 must-have productivity tools she uses to run her business
- The social media schedulers she relies on daily for her business
- The epic course that gave her a whole new strategy for her business
- Her favorite websites for helping her run her business
- The book that she recommends to others to learn about money
- Her fitness routine that keeps her mindset strong
How This Professional Lifestyle Blogger Runs Her Business Behind The Scenes
1. What do you do? Who do you help?
I am Deborah Kos. I am a professional lifestyle blogger that helps busy moms be less stressed with household and life hacks.
2. List your favorite business tools
- Planoly – It is a visual planner for Instagram. You can schedule posts to your feed and your story!
- Hootsuite – It helps you schedule all your social media content in one place. 15+ million people use it.
- Facebook Scheduler – You can access this directly on your Facebook page. When you write a post you can either post it then or schedule it out to post later.
- Mailerlite – There is a Forever Free Plan up to 1,000 subscribers and a paid version. MailerLite offers automation, landing pages, drag & drop email builder, sign up forms, pop-ups, templates, A/B testing, and 24/7 customer support.
- MemberVault – E-course delivery platform that stores all your content in one place. You can also share your work easily with as many people as you want. It is a relationship builder that focuses on engagement.
- Grammarly – It corrects spelling and punctuation. It makes your work look mistake free. It has free and paid plans.
- Canva – It is a graphic design tool that helps you to easily create beautiful designs with its drag and drop features.
3. What is a good course, website or book you would recommend and why?
- How To Become An Influencer – If you want to learn how to monetize your social media, this is the course for you. It will not only help you make money online, Elaine also teaches you how to grow a business by making sure you have the right legal disclosures and pages. She walks you through step-by-step how to set up your business correctly.
- Co-Schedule Headline Analyzer – This is a fabulous tool that ranks your blog post titles to ensure that they will drive traffic and get results.
- Rakuten Marketing – It’s an affiliate marketing network that’s been voted number one 7 years in a row. I link products I like or buy in my post for my readers. Other great affiliate marketing websites include: Awin, Shareasale, MaxBounty, and iGain.
- LadyBossBlogger – Online resource for current and aspiring female entrepreneurs and bloggers founded by Elaine Rau. This is where I look to get answers for my blog business.
- Epic Marketing – They helped me create a customized marketing strategy for my blog that also works with my social media presence and email marketing. I know how to plan, create, implement and execute my blog’s marketing strategy now!
I have two favorite books.
- The first is Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki. I read this book in college and I loved it.
- The second book is Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White. This book was the very first book I ever read. I cried at the end. I kept saying that I would never read another book again. A month later, I got a book on how to interpret your dreams and I was hooked on reading.
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received?
- Done is better than perfect
- Your vibe attracts your tribe
- Attract or repel
5. What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
Don’t be afraid to go after your dreams. You shouldn’t have to wonder what if. I don’t believe in the words shoulda, woulda, coulda! You have to try or else you will never know if you can succeed.
You need to focus on keeping a positive attitude and go for it. A strong mindset of positivity is an important key!
6. What is your beauty routine and/or fitness routine?
I make sure I get a minimum of 10 minutes of exercise each day on my stationary bike. This is also my time to catch up on my reading.
I also like to do some strength training at least once a week for 10 minutes and do water aerobics on a weekly basis.
7. List the products or items that are indispensable in your life.
I would be lost without the internet, my camera and my cup of coffee. I have to have my mid-afternoon coffee to keep me going strong.
8. Which female entrepreneur(s) do you look up to and why?
Jen Sincero – You Are A Badass Making Money.
Jen is a #1 New York Times Bestselling Author and Coach. She was 40 years old and living in a converted garage but managed to transform her life as a successful female entrepreneur.
I love how she forced herself to succeed when she didn’t believe in herself. She changes women’s lives with motivational speaking engagements, books, seminars and newsletters.
9. List your social media platforms.
- Facebook @DebsDecorativeLife
- Instagram @debsdecorativelife
- Twitter @debsdecorative1
- Pinterest debsdecorativelife
- Website www.debsdecorativelife.com
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hashtags #debsdecorativelife #housholdhacks #lifehacks
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- Natalie Young Documents The Process Of Creating Side Hustles Through Social Media - June 30, 2019
- How To Maximize The Benefits Of Printed Marketing Materials - June 26, 2019
- Anya Overmann Creates Strategic Content For Small Businesses - June 18, 2019
- Emma Norris Helps Businesses And Bloggers Generate Quality Leads - June 7, 2019
- 10 Traits Successful Bloggers Have - May 30, 2019