What you’ll learn in this interview:
- The mantra that will cast out fear in anything you do
- What movie studio software this event planner uses to create her marketing videos
- 1 essential tool every single business owner needs (especially when you have a team)
- 1 thing she swears by for her beauty routine that you can find in your kitchen
How This Event Planner Started A Lifestyle Business And A Peek Behind The Scenes
1. What do you do? Who do you help?
I inspire women to kick fear in the balls and live out loud through the things that set their soul on fire. I encourage them to not worry about what others think, we now tell the world that “Fear Doesn’t Go With My ___!”
We say it loudly and courageously:
- If it’s an illness… Fear Doesn’t Go With My Health
- If it’s a job… Fear Doesn’t Go With My Career
- If it’s money… Fear Doesn’t Go With My Finances
- If it’s Entrepreneurship… Fear Doesn’t Go With My Business
- Whatever it is, we are leaving fear behind. It has no place in our lives and can no longer ruin us! Fear Doesn’t Go With My Outfit.
2. List your favorite business tools.
- VEGAS Movie Studio 15 Suite – I am starting to get more into videos since starting my new lifestyle brand Fear Doesn’t Go With My Outfit and want to make sure I have a professional vibe even when I can’t pay someone. I just purchased movie studio software to help me clean up my recorded videos.
- QuickBooks – Having accounting software is a MUST. I suggest investing in this from the beginning of your business, even if you are just starting. You can track spreadsheets yourself, but QuickBooks does it all for you! Plus, are you really gonna prioritize opening that baby up and sitting down for an afternoon of keying in numbers? With QuickBooks, you can keep track of your books and send out invoices and get paid instantly with one click from your customers. If you have a team, you can also do payroll if you select that option when you purchase.
3. What is a good course, website or book you would recommend and why?
- Planners Unplugged: Secrets of the World’s Greatest Event Planners – 18 of the industries top planners have joined forces together to produce an in-depth look behind the scenes of the not-so-glamorous side of professional event planning. By sharing their stories of trials, tribulations, obstacles, and hardships in addition to how they emerged through each of these triumphant and transformed these women entrepreneurs have gone where no other event planning text has gone before, encouraging education and personal growth through the industry to not only both current and future event planners but women all over the world who dare to dream and to live without hiding or being judged.
- “Fear Doesn’t Go With My Outfit” is a bi-weekly podcast hosted by the Fearless Fly Girl herself, me Crystal Marie. Every other week a new topic will be addressed along with a special guest giving us blow by blow deets of how they kicked fear in the balls. Be prepared to laugh, cry, cuss (a little), but most of all live fearlessly.
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received?
The life you are living now is not a dress rehearsal. It’s real! It’s happening right now. It’s up to you to live it. This is your one shot RIGHT NOW!
5. What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
Being YOU-niquely U goes a long way.
6. What is your beauty and/or fitness routine?
- I’m obsessed with pineapple infused water. The recipe includes:
2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice
1 tablespoon of honey
1/2 teaspoon of raw cinnamon
Dash of cayenne pepper
- I live by kickboxing, step aerobics, weight training, and spinning.
7. List the products or items that are indispensable in your life.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
8. Which female entrepreneur(s) do you look up to and why?
Serena Williams – she does everything with style and grace, but most of all, she does everything her way.
9. List your social media platforms.
- Instagram @thecrystalmariebrand, @crystalmarieevents
- Twitter @fearlessflygirl
- YouTube www.youtube.com/channel/UC8XTT83dVlwLIcjlyBW32sQ
- Facebook www.facebook.com/thecrystalmariebrand/
- LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/in/crystalmarieevents/
- Website www.thecrystalmarie.com
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hashtags #FDGWMO #thecrystalmariebrand #fearlessflygirl
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- JLab Wireless Earphones v.s. Sudio Wireless Earphones - November 8, 2019
- How To Cool Your Business Premises Without Spending A Fortune - October 22, 2019
- Briana Ross Teaches Female Entrepreneurs How To Build Unforgettable Brands - October 20, 2019
- Jennifer Lehr Educates Couples On How To Create A Safe And Connected Relationship - October 20, 2019
- Dawn Myers Helps Women Of Color Style Their Natural Hair With Tech-Enabled Tools - October 20, 2019